Login

russian armor

Mines - Wipes.

18 Nov 2015, 10:06 AM

This is out of control.

I just wanted to get some un games today as Ostheer to try fun strats.
But the Brits mines are completly insane.
I walked on 3 times with Pios, and PzGrens.
Result?
All 3 squad wiped.

I belive it's not only issue with Brits mines cause one day OKW mines, during one game, wiped my full health Shocks and Cons.

Im fine with killing 3 models, which leaves chance to escape but it is damn insane when ~ 30ammo AT mine is wiping left and right.

Long long time ago there was a problem like that with SU mine. 35 ammo for wipe. It was fixed, but Im afraid somehow this issue is back again.

Is it true that some time ago Relic increased radius of mines to prevet "ghost" mine doing nothing to the tank? Ive never checked it but it seems, this may be the source of the problem.
18 Nov 2015, 10:33 AM

Bad RNG. It doesnt happen that often at all in my humble opinion.
18 Nov 2015, 10:37 AM

This is out of control.

I just wanted to get some un games today as Ostheer to try fun strats.
But the Brits mines are completly insane.
I walked on 3 times with Pios, and PzGrens.
Result?
All 3 squad wiped.

I belive it's not only issue with Brits mines cause one day OKW mines, during one game, wiped my full health Shocks and Cons.

Im fine with killing 3 models, which leaves chance to escape but it is damn insane when ~ammo AT mine is wiping left and right.

Long long time ago there was a problem like that with SU mine. 35 ammo for wipe. It was fixed, but Im afraid somehow this issue is back again.

Is it true that some time ago Relic increased radius of mines to prevet "ghost" mine doing nothing to the tank? Ive never checked it but it seems, this may be the source of the problem.

+1
18 Nov 2015, 10:37 AM
Donator 22

Not bad RNG. It seems that all types of this mine (soviet one for example)are doing this again, since last patch.
18 Nov 2015, 10:48 AM

CookiezNcreem did some testing and only 1 out of 10 times it wiped so i guess its its l2p/smoke&flank

http://www.coh2.org/topic/44570/why-do-s-mines-have-signs/post/436707
18 Nov 2015, 10:51 AM

CookiezNcreem did some testing and only 1 out of 10 times it wiped so i guess its its l2p/smoke&flank

In this case, testing like that is not objective.
Why?
Becasue you just walk through open field into the mine.
What does it mean?
Squad is spread out.
Yet, durign real game, when you move from cover to cover, squad does not have time or place to spread out at maximum, models are bunched much more.
18 Nov 2015, 10:54 AM

In this case, testing like that is not objective.
Why?
Becasue you just walk through open field into the mine.
What does it mean?
Squad is spread out.
Yet, durign real game, when you move from cover to cover, squad does not have time or place to spread out at maximum, models are bunched much more.

blame the guy who did the test not me, bru im on your side.
18 Nov 2015, 11:07 AM

I also have tons of problems with this and I come to the conclusions that the problem is not the mines themselves which would be easy to fix. Looks like the grens stay closer together then rifles, that plus the squad size results in wipes.
18 Nov 2015, 11:18 AM

I also have tons of problems with this and I come to the conclusions that the problem is not the mines themselves which would be easy to fix. Looks like the grens stay closer together then rifles, that plus the squad size results in wipes.

Or that people tend to put them in areas that they know squads will bunch up in? i.e behind cover, doors, chokepoints etc.
18 Nov 2015, 15:00 PM

Or that people tend to put them in areas that they know squads will bunch up in? i.e behind cover, doors, chokepoints etc.

This is wrong assumption.
Why?
Becasue squad does not "spawn" behind the cover. Models approach and there always be 1 model on the first line.
Only getting out of building is like "spawning" whole squad.
18 Nov 2015, 15:11 PM

This is wrong assumption.
Why?
Becasue squad does not "spawn" behind the cover. Models approach and there always be 1 model on the first line.
Only getting out of building is like "spawning" whole squad.

Stacking happen a lot of time, more than you think, it's a good idea to put mines where models tends to get closer (when the squad pass by a near cover, between 2 walls) either it's good mines placement or it's RNG<444>_<444>
18 Nov 2015, 15:24 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

And I said the exact thing people are saying here....if you got "space your guys out to prevent wipes" out of what I said then that's your own fail listening skills.

It's the squad bunching that Lelic won't or can't fix, on top of the fact that I'm pretty sure they buffed AOE on all mines to prevent them from not causing engine damage

So again it's not the mines, it's incompetent failure of a game we have. Right to its core. It is what it is.
I recommend fallout 4, GTA, battlefield, Etc.
18 Nov 2015, 15:30 PM

Cossacks 3

Also that Ostherlitz PC :foreveralone:
18 Nov 2015, 15:34 PM

And I said the exact thing people are saying here....if you got "space your guys out to prevent wipes" out of what I said then that's your own fail listening skills.

It's the squad bunching that Lelic won't or can't fix, on top of the fact that I'm pretty sure they buffed AOE on all mines to prevent them from not causing engine damage

So again it's not the mines, it's incompetent failure of a game we have. Right to its core. It is what it is.

Also RoTR...

On topic i can assure you all 200 % that the squad bunching is becasue of to make animation look cool instead of actually facilitating the gameplay...or like many said that the programming in essence engine is terribly done, relic would have been better of licensing unreal engine 4
18 Nov 2015, 16:15 PM

mines now have bigger radius because of teller that was not able to damage churchill when churchill hit teller and some olse curious thinks.

So relic fix bug with another unintended change.

I always have an idea to mines. They should have target tables agains vehicles and infantry like PTRS have.

They do normal damage like now again vehicles but will do only 64 damage to infantry (eahc model have 80 hp and most shots do 16 damage per hit so they will still need 2 hits to die) and player will be punished for leaving that squad for caping , he will need to retreat and heal and also players wont be wandering with injured squads when they know there are mines. I think mines would serve they purpose - enemy will need to retreat and mines will even somethins squadwipe if opponent is too greedy
18 Nov 2015, 16:17 PM

Not bad RNG. It seems that all types of this mine (soviet one for example)are doing this again, since last patch.

All 30 munny mines are copypaste from soviet mine so examples are no needed :)

Also i dont see logic of some players (not you)

All mines are the sme but okw players cry when they get hit and loose their volks on soviet mine but they still wont use shu mines to wipe riflemen.

Or British players that does not use mines because they think m6 mine is weaker than shu and only shu can wipe squads B-)
18 Nov 2015, 16:47 PM

All 30 munny mines are copypaste from soviet mine so examples are no needed :)

Also i dont see logic of some players (not you)

All mines are the sme but okw players cry when they get hit and loose their volks on soviet mine but they still wont use shu mines to wipe riflemen.

Or British players that does not use mines because they think m6 mine is weaker than shu and only shu can wipe squads B-)

main logic behind that is 4 man models are more prone to getting wiped than 5/6 man squads.
18 Nov 2015, 17:03 PM

main logic behind that is 4 man models are more prone to getting wiped than 5/6 man squads.

Thats true but it still wont change fact that X+1 units bunch like X units because of game mechanichs and also mines get unintended buff to infantry and all mines are same.

Yes axis squads tend to die more often but i saw also many riflemen lost when they tryed to enter the building.

And also your argument is not always true becuase of Prostuppen , Pfuss , volks that have 5 or 6 memenber and are used more and more in games nowadays and UKF have 4 men squads often , like ostheer and USA have 5 men riflemen like okw.

The only big difference is between ostheer and soviet squads
18 Nov 2015, 17:07 PM

It should just be hard coded that a mine cant kill more than 3 members of a 4 man squad or 5 of a 6 man squad etc.

I cant think of a SINGLE reason why an RNG roll on something as impactfull as this has any place in the game whatsoever.

18 Nov 2015, 17:07 PM

This thread gave me an idea. What if inf squads had a command which told them to spread out from each other, or 'scatter'.

I suppose its too late in the day to wish for something like that.

But even Command & Conquer has it back it the day!! 'X' was for scatter troops :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 529
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak