Login

russian armor

skin question: halftrack namespace

17 Nov 2015, 01:27 AM

I am working on a skin which I wanted to publish as a single mod containing a version of that skin for each of the factions. Unfortunately, the (file)name "halftrack" is used identically by both the Soviet and German. So I can only get one looking correctly and the other will be broken because two completely different vehicles are looking for the same map by name.

Before I punt and just split this into two separate skin mods I wanted to ask if there is any possible workaround.

Thanks,
17 Nov 2015, 03:30 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I am not sure I understand the issue. Are you talking about the folder the textures are in?

As long as you put them in their own "armies" folder, there should be no conflicts.
18 Nov 2015, 00:44 AM

When you use the tools to create the directories for you, it doesn't create them under separate armies subdirs on disk. It does have the armies as a folder in the mod/xml hierarchy, but they all point to the same level directory on the filesystem. I tried to get around this by deleting the "halftrack" entry for the german army and creating it manually, pointing to a differently-named burn folder.

To answer my own question, the above did work, but only after I cleaned and rebuilt the entire mod. Something was being cached which prevented it from recognizing the new folder until I did so. That was the trick that stumped me for a while... should have thought of it earlier!

18 Nov 2015, 02:46 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Another reason not to use the wizard. If you set it up manually, it wouldn't be an issue. Have you seen my tutorial on that?
18 Nov 2015, 15:21 PM

I've seen the tutorials, but creating 60 or so skin directories, burn entries, etc is a lot to do manually. Instead the workflow I've settled into is to use the wizard to have it create the entries and then edit the few I need to change. That said, I wouldn't know WHAT to edit if not for what I learned from your tutorials!

Thanks,
18 Nov 2015, 15:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's what we did in "the old days" (CoH1), so I guess I'm just more used to it. Anyways, glad you worked it out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight