Login

russian armor

Demo Charges should be allowed only on buildings

17 Nov 2015, 16:01 PM

Funnily I love the soviets exactly because of their ability to build such devastating traps. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your ignorant enemy setting his foot into your trap.

Gotta say it's lovely to see a gren blob get demolished but it still feels kinda unfair :snfBarton:
17 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 13:25 PMATCF
I spammed Soviet Boobytraps everywhere in my last 1vs1 and they actually wiped Gren squads, or left them alive with 1 man, but my opponent never invested in a minesweeper to counter them...maybe allow Ostheer Pioneers to switch from Minesweeper to their MP 40 aswell so its less punishing to invest in a minesweeper (Maybe give the same ability for All Engineer units?)

make the minesweeper increase the needed repair rate. at the moment ost pios are just shit at repairing atnyhing under 10minutes
17 Nov 2015, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 09:13 AMFrost
Every demo should been like paratroopers demo. 5 sec till detonation

Big +1
aaa
17 Nov 2015, 19:45 PM

5 sec delay for detonation of s-mines!
some trolls no-think speakers make me laugh.
Demo is fine except it shouldnt be that easy to remove it. when spotted.

17 Nov 2015, 20:09 PM

however demo is really useful to 3v3+ when the normal noob blober just travel right and left with his beloved blob and get punished for his sins!!!
17 Nov 2015, 22:24 PM

Funnily I love the soviets exactly because of their ability to build such devastating traps. Nothing is more satisfying than seeing your ignorant enemy setting his foot into your trap.

Ignorant? You can hardly expect any Axis player to keep a pioneer or sturmpioneer squad with a sweeper near every other infantry unit for the entire game past the 5 minute mark. That is just complete lunacy. But then again, I highly doubt you have played any Axis faction with a serious effort.

Do you even play the game? Maxims and Vickers having a good supression... just lol.

Yes I do, they have good supression. Or do you need me to compare them to the mg34?

17 Nov 2015, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2015, 09:13 AMFrost
Every demo should been like paratroopers demo. 5 sec till detonation

This is such a good idea.
One of the basic ingredients for all the existing AAA competitive game is to give the opponent a chance to react to your move. 5( or other number deemed balanced by Relic) seconds till detonation will give me that chance, if i still lose the squad it's my fault. But when the squad just explodes out of the blue is just stupid in my opinion and one of the reason this game will never make it to ESL.
17 Nov 2015, 23:39 PM
Donator 11

Actually I dont mind ostheer getting demos as long as they are disabled in commanders that have muni conversion. It is still always better to go lmgs so nobody cares. If soviets had 60 muni lmg on cons they would never place demos, just becouse lack of munis.
18 Nov 2015, 00:11 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2015, 12:52 PMNebaka
18 Nov 2015, 00:37 AM

The glorious result of a well placed demo charge on your axis blob.

From a match of mine a few days ago, dumbass axis player decided to try a flank my bofors. Bad Idea.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByeTkqYJG-kcQ182WWlIeC13OGM/view?usp=sharing

18 Nov 2015, 00:59 AM
Patrion 28

i would like sweepers to not automatically move to defuse demos as it tends to get them wiped.
18 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM

Ignorant? You can hardly expect any Axis player to keep a pioneer or sturmpioneer squad with a sweeper near every other infantry unit for the entire game past the 5 minute mark. That is just complete lunacy. But then again, I highly doubt you have played any Axis faction with a serious effort.

I have a playercard in order to back up claims that regard L2P issues... unlike you.

Yes I do, they have good supression. Or do you need me to compare them to the mg34?

Try comparing them to the MG42.
18 Nov 2015, 19:01 PM

This is another "stupid" aspect of the game. You can place a demolition charge in the middle of nowhere and kill any vet3 PG passing by. This is just stupid in my opinion.
As the name sugests it's purpose should be to demolish stuff.

MINESWEEPERS! 30 fuc*ing munitions you should try them

18 Nov 2015, 19:03 PM

Just like paratrooper demos? You mean not damaging buildings?
18 Nov 2015, 19:05 PM

Try comparing them to the MG42.

which is the best mg in the game, doesn't mean that the maxim and vickers suddenly are shit because one unit outperforms them. With this logical reasoning, the mg34 shouldn't even do anything if we compare it to the maxim or the vickers.

yes yes the player card, almost nobody plays this game anymore, steam charts show decline since the end of September.
18 Nov 2015, 19:09 PM

btw how many demos do I Need, to destroy a bridge?

Demos have brits crit death function
18 Nov 2015, 19:11 PM

If demos get 5 second detonation then they should cost like 30 munny.
If they cost 30 munny you cat build them with mine.

Now you have 60 munny die in touch demo for 60 munny that can kill everything to panzer 4 (including)
18 Nov 2015, 19:35 PM

MINESWEEPERS! 30 fuc*ing munitions you should try them

REALITY! Not being able to harrass round the map because you have to always wait for your minesweepers. This is called "ramifications". So yes, minesweepers can detect demo but what are the ramifications? reduced ability to harrass and less map control.

If every faction had the ability to lay demo - everybody would be saying "ok, this sucks, unit preservation is a key point of the game's enjoyability, demo spoils that. Let's get rid of it."

18 Nov 2015, 19:51 PM

About this point i am wondering ever since CoH2 has been released:

Why ffs does Axis have no demo charges!?
18 Nov 2015, 19:58 PM

About this point i am wondering ever since CoH2 has been released:

Why ffs does Axis have no demo charges!?

only axis are blobbing :bananadance:

seriously, ive never looked for it but not a single axis unit has demos? always thought some unit may have it but didnt care
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★