Login

russian armor

OKW Honor Guards?

15 Nov 2015, 04:33 AM

At first I heard t from the fusiliers squad chatter that the honor guards are fanatics etc, killers etc. Then I thought, that the units that fusiliers was talking about is the obers, because what else would they be referring to as that is the OKW most 'elite' unit in the game and their chatter is quite ... I say closest to be fanatical. But then I watch this video :

skip to 7:06 for the Obers unique chatter and they will say that "If our forces was like the Honor Guards, perhaps we won't be in this position". And then now I am confused. Are relic supposed to have another type of unit planned but didnt released or abandon them?

Sorry if this question seemed dumb or already been discussed and cleared before.
15 Nov 2015, 04:37 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2015, 04:33 AMDebtCo
At first I heard t from the fusiliers squad chatter that the honor guards are fanatics etc, killers etc. Then I thought, that the units that fusiliers was talking about is the obers, because what else would they be referring to as that is the OKW most 'elite' unit in the game and their chatter is quite ... I say closest to be fanatical. But then I watch this video :

skip to 7:06 for the Obers unique chatter and they will say that "If our forces was like the Honor Guards, perhaps we won't be in this position". And then now I am confused. Are relic supposed to have another type of unit planned but didnt released or abandon them?

Sorry if this question seemed dumb or already been discussed and cleared before.

Honour Guard are Obers. There're most likely referring that all units should be like them. Their sound file is also called honour guard.

15 Nov 2015, 10:02 AM

Honor Guard is early alpha ober name if I'm not mistaken.
15 Nov 2015, 11:49 AM

yea, honor guards are obers. but it would be fun to see true 100% nazi v2 obers :foreveralone:
15 Nov 2015, 21:14 PM

Where does those dialogue lines come from? Are they real in game dialogues? I have never heard them!
15 Nov 2015, 22:52 PM

Yeah, the reason why they're being called 'fanatics' is because the Honour Guard/Obersoldaten are really just renamed Waffen-SS troops. They used to have a modifier that made them fire accurately at retreating enemies, just to emphasize how merciless they were.
16 Nov 2015, 04:56 AM
Donator 33

Where does those dialogue lines come from? Are they real in game dialogues? I have never heard them!

Those dialogue lines then to happen when units are standing still, ie behind a line of sandbags guarding a point. I've heard most of those, though I think it tends to be situational. For example, I remember having a squad of Obers standing beside a King Tiger, and I probably heard the "German Engineering" line 3 times in quick succession.
16 Nov 2015, 10:47 AM
Donator 33

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight