Login

russian armor

Current balance opinions?

12 Nov 2015, 20:11 PM

Are the Allies stronger than the Germans since the last patch?
Or does the Axis still posses the arsenal with the biggest punch?

Your Opinion?
12 Nov 2015, 20:30 PM

It depends on the game type, in 1v1 Allies take the cake and USF is really powerful right now due to Rifle Company. Ostheer is still alright in 1's and OKW is pretty bad in it's current state.
12 Nov 2015, 20:37 PM
Donator 11

I had same views as clarity at first but the more I play this patch the more I enjoy the game and more ballanced it seems to be. If I was relic I would concentrate on bug fixes while waiting for meta to clear up as from what I'm seeing its still developing and it makes deciding what should be changed really hard right now.
13 Nov 2015, 00:19 AM

OKW has a lot of units bug at Leig and 251 aa halftrack. so it's unable to play OKW.
13 Nov 2015, 01:14 AM

Axis right now feels a bit up hill in 1v1 and 2v2...

3v3 and up I won't comment.
13 Nov 2015, 01:23 AM

USF is a bit strong, OKW is a bit weak. I feel like a lot of people who say "Allies are OP" are using USF to pull the weight of their accusations, and people who say "Axis are trash" are using OKW to pull the weight of their accusations.

I think nerfing USF, buffing OKW, and slightly changing up UKF would be a good step in the right direction.
13 Nov 2015, 05:17 AM

I think things are pretty balanced. The problems that bug me are design choices more than anything.

My main gripes right now are how expensive specific grenades are to use. (Specifically the extremely expensive pgren bundled nades, non-commando gammon bombs and guard rifles grenade)

I also have a huge beef with the homogenization of mines. Ostheer is the only faction with any sort of diversity and it is absolutely killing me. Soviets have a few doctrinal things and their vet 1 mines but OKW, USF and Brits are all ZZZ copy paste the same thing. It's lazy and boring.

I could also bitch about the game pacing for hours but the train sailed long ago on that one.

13 Nov 2015, 05:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 01:23 AMHorasu
USF is a bit strong, OKW is a bit weak. I feel like a lot of people who say "Allies are OP" are using USF to pull the weight of their accusations, and people who say "Axis are trash" are using OKW to pull the weight of their accusations.

I think nerfing USF, buffing OKW, and slightly changing up UKF would be a good step in the right direction.

Pretty much this. Because USF and UKF is a bit strong where they shouldn't be, it does take the shine off Ost.
13 Nov 2015, 06:13 AM

Balance is still a mixed bag as always if not bad. Flamers for USF is slightly ovepowered. Brits are recently balanced so they are ok. Ostheer is underpowered because grenadiers are too weak and map balance is dependent on whether or not they have good mg coverage. You can go ostheer at least. OKW is bad simply from a design point. Depending on trucks and their resource tax is something that can't really be balanced well given the huge diversity of maps.

1v1 is in a better place than it was last month but the overall state of the game is not in a great place with the optimization issues and the design issues the game has had since launch.
13 Nov 2015, 06:49 AM

So everybody thinks ostheer is fine? :lolol:

It's fine allright if you are able to play without grenadiers.... and manage to resist with your mgs against all light vehicles that try to rush, flank and burn you in early game....or against smoke ....

Wake up people. OKW still manages to hold its ground and retaliate in lategame. Not ostheer's case anyway. They don't have one unit which is not to weak to expensive or does not comes to late when the battle is allready decided.
13 Nov 2015, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 06:49 AMJohnnyB
So everybody thinks ostheer is fine? :lolol:

It's fine allright if you are able to play without grenadiers.... and manage to resist with your mgs against all light vehicles that try to rush, flank and burn you in early game....or against smoke ....

Wake up people. OKW still manages to hold its ground and retaliate in lategame. Not ostheer's case anyway. They don't have one unit which is not to weak to expensive or does not comes to late when the battle is allready decided.

You have serious L2P issue.

Post some yours replays and we will try improve you game play.
Can you post your playercard? You are realy that bad as ostheer?

PS: ballance
- 1v1 and 2v2 allies are stronger
- 3v3 and 4v4 in advantage axis
13 Nov 2015, 07:13 AM

JohnnyB is one of the most biased fanbois here, dont take his messages seriously.

IMO Soviets, USA and Wehr are pretty equal. Meanwhile OKW and Brits are sooo weak.
13 Nov 2015, 07:16 AM

In 1vs 1 ostheer is viable.
It sniper is still insanely strong agains 4 men british sqaads.

Brits dont have counter to mg except carrier that die to pfaust and expensive mortar emplacement.

Grens are weaker , but they have better support.

And you can aways go 3 ostruppens with 3 mgs into 2 222.

Agains USA snipers work too + teller mines are beast , also mg 42 const usa a lot of munition.

Agains soiets they are balanced.

OKW :D

I found that okw is only viaable at goint medics + JLI spam into puma into oswind or else they get stomped by USA

Agains brits , double sutrm + fussieliere spam works and if you add 2 luchs you can win even before brits start to snowball
13 Nov 2015, 08:02 AM

Wehrmacht issues
1.Grenadier has no scaling lategame vs vetted allied inf and too high reinforce.Pzgren and gren 4 man wipe too easy and can't stop allied lmg blob.

2.T4 unattainable.

3.Light vehicles too weak.

4.Pazner 4 overpriced and without specific role.Ostwind underperforming for cost.

13 Nov 2015, 08:06 AM

In 1vs 1 ostheer is viable.
It sniper is still insanely strong agains 4 men british sqaads.

Brits dont have counter to mg except carrier that die to pfaust and expensive mortar emplacement.

Grens are weaker , but they have better support.

And you can aways go 3 ostruppens with 3 mgs into 2 222.

Agains USA snipers work too + teller mines are beast , also mg 42 const usa a lot of munition.

Agains soiets they are balanced.

OKW :D

I found that okw is only viaable at goint medics + JLI spam into puma into oswind or else they get stomped by USA

Agains brits , double sutrm + fussieliere spam works and if you add 2 luchs you can win even before brits start to snowball

have no osttruppen commander:guyokay:
13 Nov 2015, 08:10 AM

Axis still has all the advantages. Early suppression, snipers, snipers that are great for scouting late game where USF has NO counter (don't say M8 since it'll get raped by the AT from the scouting), OP tanks, and more call ins that across the board.
13 Nov 2015, 08:30 AM

have no osttruppen commander:guyokay:

Your can have one of mine. :nahnah:
13 Nov 2015, 08:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 07:06 AMAradan

You have serious L2P issue.

Post some yours replays and we will try improve you game play.
Can you post your playercard? You are realy that bad as ostheer?

Click on the little soldier bellow my avatar picture.... are we going to discuss playercards? I fail to see the point of it, unless proving that someone plays exclussively one faction which kinda' could rise doubts about his knowledge about how playing other factions feels like.
13 Nov 2015, 08:58 AM
Donator 11

How can OKW counter MGs in buildings? (if firestorm doctrine is not an option)
13 Nov 2015, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2015, 07:13 AMl4hti
JohnnyB is one of the most biased fanbois here, dont take his messages seriously.

No problem, post your playercard and prove me you play all factions you own, like I do. Show me that at least you do that, letting alone your bias.

I fail to see why ostheer is so strong. In 1v1 case things could be quite different but in team games I really believe Ostheer is weak and because of it and that could sink the entire team.
USF it's powerfull, its weakness is the mp bleed but still, well-conserved and scalled riflemen can do wonders.
Soviets are okish, have alot of options and perform well, except lategame.
OKW can realy hold its ground then slowly push in lategame. Currently is verry risky to play to agressively in early game with them.
Brits don't have a great startgame but they wuickly compensate in middle and lategame.

What ostheer has? Grenadiers are shit, so you cannot be agressive in startgame, because you constantly have to retreat them. Going on mgs is verry risky due to quick early game allied light vehicles and USF's smoke. What gives you middle game? Expensive armor and underperforming. Compare OStwind with Centaur. P4 is to expensive and quickly becomes obsolete. Sure you can go on stugs and try to resist untill late game to help with a Tiger but not even the Tiger is what it was. T4? T4 finaly has some good units but if you manage to build it and have some units from there, you are lucky.
That is why I consider ostheer weak. It allways have to turtle, defense, try to resist, being cornered. No initiative, no nothing. And after being cornered most than half of a game, you are expected to bring panthers or other T4 units in order to put a good fight.

What am I saying is that if you don't clearly have a higher skill than your opponent (which simply translates into higher APM and that's all), you just can't win with ostheer. It's as simple as that.

So we should let ostheer to PROs and things are solved? Aren't everybody supposed to play all faction he owns and have a chance to win? Just wondering.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★