Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Map Name: Kolodny Ferma

Weather: Spring

Created by: Relic

Players: 1v1/2v2

Tactical Map:
26 Jun 2013, 02:53 AM

While I really enjoy this map I have one big issue with it -- I find it to be too easy to cut off fuel on the right side of the map compared to the left side (see image).

The red circle area which is bordering the centre cuts off the entire south part for the east player as it stretches all the way to the edge of the map. If you look at the western side of the map you can still access fuel via the point NE of the base (which more or less translates to the one SW of the eastern base), but the one SW of the eastern base does not connect to the base, you need the red circle first. I think this should be changed, and the eastern player should have the SW point connect to base (as indicated by yellow arrows).

Hux
26 Jun 2013, 09:50 AM
Patrion 14

^ I agree. Although I think a cutoff sector should be added to the western side of the map. If you look at the Eastern base, there are four points adjacent to it (one of which is a cutoff) whereas on the western base there are more like 3 with a fourth located between the south ammo and the western base).

I think to counter this problem the two points that are south East of the Western base (just above the VP) should be turned into a single point and this gives the option to add a cutoff the follows the road northwest.
26 Jun 2013, 10:14 AM

i think this is because there used to be only 1 fuel point down south, and no fuel up top (but 2 VPs). you can cut off the western player from the south just as easy as the eastern player, but the cut off is more important for the eastern player because of the fuel.

i guess that they didn't think about that one when switching the points around.
Hux
26 Jun 2013, 15:32 PM
Patrion 14

^ spot on.

if that is balanced out between the two sides then I don't really see any major problems with this map. Maybe a bit more cover allocated to around the church -which isn't just one huge fence- (to balance out the house+Green cover brick wall + Truck wreck + Panzer IV wreck combo).

Having said that, one thing I do really like about the spring version of this map is that there is more opportunities to flank i.e the fence to the west of the north fuel point being gone. really makes it a fast paced map
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★