Login

russian armor

King Tiger

PAGES (9)down
9 Nov 2015, 22:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 22:02 PMRMMLz
It's just not the best unit for 1s, deal with it. I know your frustration, both Axis factions are UP at them moment. This makes you seek a WildCard iWin Anti Everything tank to turn the tide and win the game after like 20 minutes of frustrating struggle against RifleDerps.

Point is, a supported KT (mostly in 2s+) is a beast. It really is. If OKW is overhauled/tweaked/buffed you would not need a better KT. Imagine if other units had better synergy with the current KT, what would happen then? So I think you want KT to be more powerful to compensate other flaws, which is not the way to balance OKW. OKW needs a total overhaul, and apparently relic is willing to do that.

If Relic removes OKW's fuel penalty then I can see the KT as being better, but I would still like some kind of speed increase or HP buff, because as is, it really doesn't combat tanks very well and given the fuel penalty you can't afford anything to support it. I think the Allied fanboys are still scared of it when it had over 400 armor, but now it doesn't plus most Allied AT got some kind of buff.

For a doctrinal unit this one goes next to the T34/76 as something that is too expensive and UP for all the tech costs you have to jump through to get to it.
9 Nov 2015, 22:18 PM

ISU152/IS2 envies the KT on the "wiping whole squads" department, that's where it shines.

I mean, it's a great infantry destroyer, perfect for defending VPs, if you want to fight Tank Destroyers (firefly, m36, su85) then you should build proper counters.

I think the KT is fine.

EDIT: Jagdtiger on the other hand needs to have the "crew shocked" debuff gone, this is a leftover from when it could shoot through walls, now it's not needed anymore.
9 Nov 2015, 22:23 PM

ISU152/IS2 envies the KT on the "wiping whole squads" department, that's where it shines.

I mean, it's a great infantry destroyer, perfect for defending VPs, if you want to fight Tank Destroyers (firefly, m36, su85) then you should build proper counters.

The ISU can at least hold some ground vs a Panther, the KT has to start rolling away the minute it gets hit and even then the speedy Allied tanks can catch it and destroy it without it being in range or having the turret rotate fast enough to fire back a single shot. The ISU also doesn't require any tech so you can save fuel for it, where as the KT costs all the tech plus the fuel penalty.

At the very least make it faster, because its speed is such an issue. Increase its scatter or the explosive impact of shells a little to make it less wipey against Allied infantry, but as just an AI tank it is too costly.
9 Nov 2015, 22:30 PM

Can give it an engine upgrade like the jagd, i'm always for more customizabiliy of units.
9 Nov 2015, 23:10 PM

No tank deserves passive self spotting in this game, not even tiger ace(even if it can with 3x sight bulletins).

remember SU85? (with super awesome pen and RoF and mobility)

and pre-nerfed ISU?
9 Nov 2015, 23:11 PM

remember SU85? (with super awesome pen and RoF and mobility)

and pre-nerfed ISU?

And are they like it now? So your point is what exactly?
9 Nov 2015, 23:14 PM

And are they like it now? So your point is what exactly?

My fucking point is that SU85 can still self-spot, actually even seeing longer than its gun range.

ANd it is fucking like it now. Yes.
9 Nov 2015, 23:16 PM
Patrion 14

My fucking point is that SU85 can still self-spot, actually even seeing longer than its gun range.

That comes with penalties on being slower, having a cone for a vision arc, and not being able to turn very well. And tracking costs munitions to use so it's fine for a T4 turretless TD unit.
9 Nov 2015, 23:22 PM

That's not what you wrote about in the post I quoted.

Here, I'll help you remember:

"remember SU85? (with super awesome pen and RoF and mobility)"

So the point of your original post was that it had no point, because what you were trying to relay from your head, to your keyboard, then onto us, had absolutely nothing to do with what you wrote. You also mentioned ISU for apparently no reason at all.

I can understand that this type of affliction can be very frustrating, but please try not to vent that frustration on me in future. Thanks.
9 Nov 2015, 23:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I buy it to fight infantry and wreck stuff, not to fight tanks. That's what Volks Shreks, Panthers and JP IV are for.
10 Nov 2015, 00:08 AM

That's not what you wrote about in the post I quoted.

Here, I'll help you remember:

So the point of your original post was that it had no point, because what you were trying to relay from your head, to your keyboard, then onto us, had absolutely nothing to do with what you wrote. You also mentioned ISU for apparently no reason at all.

I can understand that this type of affliction can be very frustrating, but please try not to vent that frustration on me in future. Thanks.

the fuck are you talking about? the fuck are you trying to say?? because apparently I dont understand what you are trying to tell me from this wall of text?

well. except the part where you think i'm venting...my frustration on you? since when i'm venting anything, especially on you?
10 Nov 2015, 00:10 AM

That comes with penalties on being slower, having a cone for a vision arc, and not being able to turn very well. And tracking costs munitions to use so it's fine for a T4 turretless TD unit.

it's pretty good for a 120 fuel TD to have self spot 60 range. Mobility isn't really much of a problem since we're using it at max range.

And best part is it can spot of other units like ATG ISU Jackson/Firefly.

I can't see the point of Tracking at all.
10 Nov 2015, 00:17 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Give KT 100 range, 640 damage because fighting jacksons,su85, and slow ass expensive firefly+tulip with a JP fucking 4 AKA the best TD in the fucking game that solos all of those at vet 0 is too much effort. Not to mention it al fucking ready out ranges most mediums and can reach out and slap a Jackson on most maps even with its paltry 45 range.

Give KT 1000 front Armor because TOP 3 highest armor value in the game is NOT ENOUGH ARMOR.

Also, make KT main gun have twice the AOE, and one shot squads and AT guns even more so than it does currently.
10 Nov 2015, 00:18 AM

KT needs slight vet buffs, thats all.

10 Nov 2015, 00:20 AM
Patrion 14

I can't see the point of Tracking at all.

Tracking is given to all turretless soviet tanks, even ISU-152. For the same reason all medium and heavy tanks in the soviet arsenal have 'secure mode' for their vet 1 ability :snfPeter:
10 Nov 2015, 00:23 AM
Donator 33

Give KT 100 range, 640 damage because fighting jacksons,su85, and slow ass expensive firefly+tulip with a JP fucking 4 AKA the best TD in the fucking game that solos all of those at vet 0 is too much effort. Not to mention it al fucking ready out ranges most mediums and can reach out and slap a Jackson on most maps even with its paltry 45 range.

Give KT 1000 front Armor because TOP 3 highest armor value in the game is NOT ENOUGH ARMOR.

Also, make KT main gun have twice the AOE, and one shot squads and AT guns even more so than it does currently.

Please contain your excitement!

*Ahem* i think the 425 armor could make its return to King Tiger if Relic would increase its fuel cost to 300 (Original IS-2 cost 300 fuel and lost to a STUG in a 1vs1, back in 2013)since here is a video of 2 king tigers with 425 armor attacking the Soviet Base, there might be some RNG affecting the battle, but the increased fuel cost would solve the issue, enjoy! :romeoMug:

10 Nov 2015, 00:28 AM

Tracking is given to all turretless soviet tanks, even ISU-152. For the same reason all medium and heavy tanks in the soviet arsenal have 'secure mode' for their vet 1 ability :snfPeter:

the funny thing is tracking is quite useless at the moment for its cost :p oh well, they dont really need it anyway
10 Nov 2015, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2015, 00:23 AMATCF

Please contain your excitement!

*Ahem* i think the 425 armor could make its return to King Tiger if Relic would increase its fuel cost to 300 (Original IS-2 cost 300 fuel and lost to a STUG in a 1vs1, back in 2013)since here is a video of 2 king tigers with 425 armor attacking the Soviet Base, there might be some RNG affecting the battle, but the increased fuel cost would solve the issue, enjoy! :romeoMug:

Higher Armor for Higher cost isn't really going to make it more playable unless the higher armor is so high Allied players rage. I really think the cost, speed, and HP are the 3 sectors that need to be looked at and one of these adjusted (If they remove the fuel penalty then a slight speed buff would do it IMO).
10 Nov 2015, 01:38 AM
Patrion 28

i really don't see the issues with the VI B. it's got 45 range and is good against all targets. the only thing that causes it issues is TDs on open maps and that can be mitigated by support rather easily, particularly in team games. if you over extend it and get it killed that's your issue, not the tank's issue.
10 Nov 2015, 02:18 AM

+90000 thats a nice buff :snfPeter: , DO IT RELIC !!
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 11
Germany 612
unknown 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L