Login

russian armor

(Experiment)Damage to Garrisoned broken.

8 Nov 2015, 09:21 AM

related patch note

September 17th Patch Notes
- Added back the 50% reduce damage modifer to green cover for explosive weapons

Oct 29th Patch Notes
-All Flak Weapons
This flag was set to false in order to prevent flak weapons from instantly killing all squad members in garrison structures.
Damage all in hold flag set from true to false

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Now All mortars, ISG and pack howitzer inflict seriously small damage to garrisoned infantry
experiment 1:
a conscripts squad in building now takes 15 mortar fires, 15 pack fires or 15 isg fires.

it's not too bad but sniper is more effective to garrisoned now.

2. All flak Weapon damage to garrisoned is broken.
they inflict very small damage due to this explosive nerf and garrison damage all flag "false" nerf.
experiment 2:
a conscripts squad in building now takes 100 seconds fire of centaur or 200 seconds fire of SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-track.

3. so, building counters are only flame and sniper and strong bullets.
OKW has incendiary grenade only. it make OKW unable to paly in some map that has a lot of buildings.

edit : All experiment is measured by game time.

edit 2:

solution

1. give 0.4 modifier against garrison to explosive and mortar
2. give damage all flag "true" to flak weapon. give 0.3 modifier against garrison to flak weapon.
8 Nov 2015, 10:32 AM

It takes almost 3 minutes for SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-track to swipe a conscript in building. I believe that it's not intended balance. I believe.
8 Nov 2015, 12:10 PM

the mortars, LeIG, and pack howitzer all have a .25 damage modifier against troops in building. You basically need to use infantry and/or tank to clear out buildings now.

The Centuar have a "regular" .5D/.4A modifier.

update: actually it seems normal tank gun only deal .25 damage to garrisoned infantry as well. You basically need to use infantry in a direct assault.
8 Nov 2015, 12:25 PM

the mortars, LeIG, and pack howitzer all have a .25 damage modifier against troops in building. You basically need to use infantry and/or tank to clear out buildings now.

The Centuar have a "regular" .5D/.4A modifier.

update: actually it seems normal tank gun only deal .25 damage to garrisoned infantry as well. You basically need to use infantry in a direct assault.

what is mortar for now???? in coh1, it's garrison counter, and that make sense.
this is soviet mortar description

"barrage weapon. Effective against static infantry and structures"
what is static infantry?

now OKW has no reliable building counter either of T1 and T2 like sniper.
8 Nov 2015, 12:27 PM

This explains a lot of what I have been seeing. This needs to be fixed quickly!
8 Nov 2015, 15:10 PM

Good luck clearing garrisoned MG with British infantry lol
8 Nov 2015, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 15:10 PMMuxsus
Good luck clearing garrisoned MG with British infantry lol
they have sniper
8 Nov 2015, 16:37 PM

they have sniper

It is not its intended role, the mg can shoot back and having to get sniper on every building-heavy map is not fun.
8 Nov 2015, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 16:37 PMMuxsus

It is not its intended role, the mg can shoot back and having to get sniper on every building-heavy map is not fun.

agree. that's what i am talking about. now all explosive weapon(mortar, flak) inflict very small damage to mg.
8 Nov 2015, 19:17 PM

Definitely should get put back to .4-5 modifier. Buildings should provide shelter vs indirect but 75% penalty to damage is too much.
9 Nov 2015, 00:31 AM

Definitely should get put back to .4-5 modifier. Buildings should provide shelter vs indirect but 75% penalty to damage is too much.
a little bit nerf centaur and give damage all flag true. Modifier buff needed because we need building counter. Don't forget SdKfz 251/17 Flak Half-track. Relic!
9 Nov 2015, 02:12 AM

they have sniper

The brits sniper has problems to kill garissoned squard. It can't even kill one model in 5 min.
9 Nov 2015, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 02:12 AMatouba

The brits sniper has problems to kill garissoned squard. It can't even kill one model in 5 min.

It fires on the building itself if you rightclick it. Use the stop command instead and he will attack the infantry inside.
9 Nov 2015, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 16:37 PMMuxsus

unless that mg is Vet 1 Vicker
9 Nov 2015, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2015, 10:36 AMMuxsus

It fires on the building itself if you rightclick it. Use the stop command instead and he will attack the infantry inside.

they fixed the british sniper. It no longer have perfect accuracy against infantry in building.

I wouldn't use either the soviet or german sniper as counter to garrisoned infantry, and I woyld't use british sniper as counter to garrison.

Trying to take repeated shot at a garrison is just too risky. Especially if it's against wehr as you're leaving your sniper vulnerable to counter snipe.

unless that mg is Vet 1 Vicker

That would require finding a building that's just happened to be far enough to be out of range of a mg but still close enough for the vet bonus to work. it's not a reliable solution.
9 Nov 2015, 11:23 AM

That would require finding a building that's just happened to be far enough to be out of range of a mg but still close enough for the vet bonus to work. it's not a reliable solution.

is the Vicker bug still in the game?..:(

anyway IS can make the trench for their Vicker
9 Nov 2015, 11:25 AM

they fixed the british sniper. It no longer have perfect accuracy against infantry in building.

I wouldn't use either the soviet or german sniper as counter to garrisoned infantry, and I woyld't use british sniper as counter to garrison.

Trying to take repeated shot at a garrison is just too risky. Especially if it's against wehr as you're leaving your sniper vulnerable to counter snipe.

sniper against 4 man squads in building is kinda effective. you need 2 hits to force him out. if he stays till 1/4 model he runs in danger to get fuked (even more so with the mg due setup/setdown time)

other way around i wouldnt try it, 6 man squads taking way to long with that 50% hit modifier to buildings)
10 Nov 2015, 05:30 AM

sniper against 4 man squads in building is kinda effective. you need 2 hits to force him out. if he stays till 1/4 model he runs in danger to get fuked (even more so with the mg due setup/setdown time)

other way around i wouldnt try it, 6 man squads taking way to long with that 50% hit modifier to buildings)

i didn't know 50% acc modifier of sniper.
Ari
10 Nov 2015, 06:41 AM

Agreed 100%
10 Nov 2015, 07:31 AM

Even the soviet wouldn't use their sniper as a counter to building, although they normally don't need to.

The british could use sniper to counter garrison, but in comparison to other option it's really one of the worst one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★