Login

russian armor

CAS fuel transfer to munitions needs to be reduced

8 Nov 2015, 08:03 AM

Just played team game with double CAS. It got to be a slugfest with them having Panthers and one team had quad PG all with schreck. We couldn't ever finish off panthers because of CAS support plus PG/Pak backing. I even got a couple wipes on the PG blob and couldn't carry any more weapons over time due to picking up theirs. But because they didn't have to spend fuel on anything at that point they spammed fuel to munition transfer and hit us with constant recon, strafe and Stuka. Was able to dodge most the Stuka except one on major that wiped 3 infantry vet squads. This is entirely broken. I'm ok with very powerful air abilities in this commander since they have no call in units but the 50 fuel to 125 munition allows them to call in their strikes as soon as they come off cool down. It's so supremely frustrating because you can't finish games against it and you have to hold a semi static line with your AA units near the VP's and pray to RNG you can somewhat hold off their air strikes. My proposal is 50 fuel to 75 munition and increase cool down of ability or just remove. The conversion decrease wouldn't remove the abuse but it would tone it down and make it be something you use when there is an emergency and you need some munitions for upgrade, Faust, etc. not just LOL convert, convert and call non-stop air strikes.
8 Nov 2015, 08:23 AM

Already did a few patches ago.And stuka strafe was nerfed too.
8 Nov 2015, 08:28 AM

Already did a few patches ago.And stuka strafe was nerfed too.

I didn't say nerf strafes or bomb. The fuel to munition conversion went from 50 gets you 150 to 125. Very small change and due to short cool down it can be spammed thus allowing player to call in Stuka strikes as often as cool down allows. That's beyond stupid
8 Nov 2015, 09:09 AM

I didn't say nerf strafes or bomb. The fuel to munition conversion went from 50 gets you 150 to 125. Very small change and due to short cool down it can be spammed thus allowing player to call in Stuka strikes as often as cool down allows. That's beyond stupid

Without transfer they can't use teh airstrikes,so whole doctrine becomes irrelevant.
8 Nov 2015, 09:55 AM

It should give muni over time, for example 150 muni over 2 minutes. This was, you won't be able to triple click on Transfer, AI strafe and AT strafe anymore.
8 Nov 2015, 10:06 AM

It's a terrible mechanic. Replace with Smoke Bombs please.
8 Nov 2015, 10:09 AM

more interesting is how he can tech to t4, build atleast 1 panther and continue to spam fuel to muni. did they had all fuel points and on every neutral a fuel cache?

most of the time i pick CAS and its a equal match im getting locked in t2 for most of midgame because of lack of fuel
8 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

Without transfer they can't use teh airstrikes,so whole doctrine becomes irrelevant.

An entire doctrine does not go from tier 1 potency to irrelevant because it loses 25 munitions.

Also I'd suggest you watch Paula's recent games with CAS, he techs to tier four for Panthers, still goes CAS and never uses the fuel to munitions trade, so he's a good one to learn off when it comes to how and when you use the strafes.
8 Nov 2015, 10:11 AM

Yes and give axis pellet guns instead of k98, you know you can get bazookas too right? One on a sqaud, the ability ost players wudnt mind having.
8 Nov 2015, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:11 AMSwift

Also I'd suggest you watch Paula's recent games with CAS, he techs to tier four for Panthers, still goes CAS and never uses the fuel to munitions trade, so he's a good one to learn off when it comes to how and when you use the strafes.

then it wasnt a equal match if he didnt use his commander abilitys. op stated that hey spammed their abilitys every engage, and thats NOT possible without tranfsering which makes getting armor hard.
8 Nov 2015, 10:19 AM

then it wasnt a equal match if he didnt use his commander abilitys. op stated that hey spammed their abilitys every engage, and thats NOT possible without tranfsering which makes getting armor hard.

My point is that top tier players do not require the use of fuel trade, so actually it's not as dominating as many players see it.
8 Nov 2015, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:19 AMSwift

My point is that top tier players do not require the use of fuel trade, so actually it's not as dominating as many players see it.

true, got your point. but they can win without picking any commander too :p
8 Nov 2015, 10:28 AM

Well yeah but so can you if you get it right. No one's unbeatable.
8 Nov 2015, 10:42 AM
Donator 22

they already reduced it some patches ago or not?
8 Nov 2015, 12:15 PM

Why always overnerfing axis abilities/units that already got nerfed?
8 Nov 2015, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Nov 2015, 10:11 AMSwift

An entire doctrine does not go from tier 1 potency to irrelevant because it loses 25 munitions.

My reply didn't imply what you thought.I didn't have problems it wa sreduced to 125,i had problems he wanted to eliminate munition transfer altogether or reduce it even further.That would make airtrikes useless,and render doctrine theme redundant.
8 Nov 2015, 17:08 PM

more interesting is how he can tech to t4, build atleast 1 panther and continue to spam fuel to muni. did they had all fuel points and on every neutral a fuel cache?

most of the time i pick CAS and its a equal match im getting locked in t2 for most of midgame because of lack of fuel

What is sad is we held the left hand fuel all game till end on La Gleize and right hand it changed back and forth. They built fuel points on every strategic point they could which makes sense as it converts to munitions at 2.5 to 1
8 Nov 2015, 17:12 PM

My reply didn't imply what you thought.I didn't have problems it wa sreduced to 125,i had problems he wanted to eliminate munition transfer altogether or reduce it even further.That would make airtrikes useless,and render doctrine theme redundant.

This shows you aren't being at all objective. I didn't say nerf te strikes just the broken transfer. You could still use the strikes often if you build munitions caches and even if you didn't build caches. You just can't click them as soon as they come off cool down. God forbid you need to think about best time to use abilities rather than being able to call it in all the time. Look at my player card, Ostheer 2v2 ranked is my most played mode. I'm not a fan boy for anyone, but having munitions transfer at 2.5 to 1 efficiency plus an amazing roster of strikes is broken as hell. It would be like giving British commanders with Typhoon strafe or Air Supremacy a similar transfer so they could call in those amazing strikes every few minutes
8 Nov 2015, 17:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And stuka strafe was nerfed too.

No it wasn't. That's the loitering one, which in fact was buffed by the change.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★