Login

russian armor

HotKey Groups

25 Jun 2013, 20:41 PM

Any Suggestions for Hotkey groups. Usually I am capable of going from 1-6.

Also is there any way to quickly add a unit to an already existing group. EX. Starcraft 2, Shift + #.

Thank you in advance.
25 Jun 2013, 20:51 PM
Coder Red Badge

Unfortunately you can't shift-add units to control groups in CoH2. Your best bet is to select the control group you want to add the unit to, hold shift, select the unit you want to add to the control group, and re-assign the entire group (with CTRL+#).

As for actual groups, I use the following...

1 (and sometimes 2) for vehicles/tanks
2 for AT guns, AT tanks
3 for snipers
4 for artillery/mortars, sometimes extra sniper
5 for artillery/mortars if I need it

This is the setup I used in vCoH. I'm in the process of revising it, however, since in CoH2 I find myself using snipers far less and needing extra control groups for vehicles/tanks far more often.
25 Jun 2013, 22:03 PM

Thanks for the reply! Anyone else want to share their hotkey set up. I am curious to see what others do as well.
25 Jun 2013, 22:10 PM

I can't wait until we can finally edit the hotkeys (need .sga packer for modding).
25 Jun 2013, 22:10 PM

I usually do the following.

1) main infantry unit i use
2) engineers
3)support
4-6) various vehicles and tanks
7-0) [starting at 0 and working down to 7] my buildings. 0 being hq, 9-7 being the next buildings in order.

However, I am finding more and more that managing my units from the top right status views is proving to be better for me and saving my units so therefore, I am trying to use hotkey groups less and less (another huge factor is i'll have a group selected, go to select the wounded unit, tell them to retreat and either i miss clicked on the unit or it didn't work right, and i'll accidentally send the whole group home and give up the front. It's stupid mistakes like that, and a few other minor details about hotkey groups that's leading me away from using it anymore.

Though that being said, I still keep my buildings hotkeyed.
25 Jun 2013, 22:18 PM

I usually don't hot key my buildings because there already automatically binded to F1-F5. Interesting tho, anyone else hot key buildings?
25 Jun 2013, 22:40 PM

hmm. Never knew f1-5 did that. I guess i'm just super use to the hotkeys i use on them.
26 Jun 2013, 16:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I always hotkey my MGs, snipers, mortars, and light vehicles. Also, usually a key for any artillery piece just to make it faster to check the cooldown between barrages.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★