Login

russian armor

What did I do wrong here?

7 Nov 2015, 14:56 PM

Permanently Banned
What on earth did I do wrong here, please tell me, because I did almost everything right, he did everything wrong, yet still can rush a unit after losing so much and get the game

just lol relic, just freaking lol

http://www.coh2.org/replay/44377/usf-can-be-used-to-win-by-everyone/page/1#post_id434964
7 Nov 2015, 15:04 PM

the the love of all of all that is holy can you stop fucking posting about how op allies are? we fucking get it already
7 Nov 2015, 15:07 PM
Donator 11

Lol, man, the chat :huhsign: i dont even need to watch the replay to see how toxic you are and that you lost because of bad build and micro.

I'll give you a good advice though: Never upload a replay when you say anything more than gl hf and gg wp. At least you wont loose all the credibility right from the get go.
7 Nov 2015, 15:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Lol, man, the chat :huhsign: i dont even need to watch the replay to see how toxic you are and that you lost because of bad build and micro.

I'll give you a good advice though: Never upload a replay when you say anything more than gl hf and gg wp. At least you wont loose all the credibility right from the get go.

just watch it, clearly you haven't. I outplayed him, yet he won due to game design. I am not saying USF is op, you can beat them. Yet they are easy as ****
7 Nov 2015, 15:14 PM
Donator 11

Maybe I will but I hate chat warriors so much that I already know it will not be a pleasure. I would watch it without a doubt if not the toxic chat.
7 Nov 2015, 15:16 PM

Permanently Banned
Maybe I will but I hate chat warriors so much that I already know it will not be a pleasure. I would watch it without a doubt if not the toxic chat.

oh it is toxic, you are warned xd
7 Nov 2015, 15:17 PM

Well I'm not at my computer right now, but I'm going to go ahead and say you you lost because you were to busy raging in chat instead of microing your units.
7 Nov 2015, 15:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Well I'm not at my computer right now, but I'm going to go ahead and say you you lost because you were to busy raging in chat instead of microing your units.

didn't you read it? I wiped 5 of his squads :snfPeter:. Bad micro my ass. It was kharkov north and USF rifle company that won the game.
7 Nov 2015, 15:25 PM

Lets jut watch the replay and then comment,otherwise useless posts.
7 Nov 2015, 15:30 PM

didn't you read it? I wiped 5 of his squads :snfPeter:. Bad micro my ass. It was kharkov north and USF rifle company that won the game.

sorry to say so, but you build 3 sturmpios in first 3 mins in AN OPEN MAP.

your poor tactic lost the game. not the commander of the opponent.
7 Nov 2015, 16:20 PM

It's already written in the Pantherfibel:
"Erfolg hängt ab zu gut zwei Drittel
Nur von der rechten Wahl der Mittel"

Which roughly translates into: Success depends on the right means by 2/3.
7 Nov 2015, 16:26 PM
Donator 11

Ok, I've watched it. First of all what you have to do in the early game is make your sturmpios and kubel fight while volks capture the map. You had only sturmpio early on and that means no map controll and loosing fights because capping even one point at the time means a major part of your fighting force (320mp!) is idle. Thats a major waste.

Secondly you fight out of cover, what is partially coused by the fact that you cap on the spots that are far away from nearest cover. Always cap in the spot of the circle that is nearest to cover so you can hop inside if you are being attacked without being cought out of position. And again, you would have more cover if you had a unit that can build it during capture.

To precise I dont think sturmpios are bad. I think they are micro intensive to use with 4 expensive models and dps decreasing a lot with every dead model, this is a risky strategy and you were totally not prepared to make it work.

In 2:30 with open map and enemy capturing points in the open ground it was a perfect time to choose a doctrine and support your attack with mg34, there is no way to attack with only sturmpios as they should always attack with support of other squad that engages before them and soaks up damage or suppresion unit like kubel or mg to decrease enemy RoF while you charge. What you did instead? You build 4th sturmpio... this is hardly a combined arms strategy to spam expensive units that work badly on current map. Even if you didn't know how bad they are there you should have known by watching first engagement and its outcome. By the time of next engagement you could have had 2 mg34s, 3 volks and a sturmpio instead of just 4 sturmpios...

And here comes the second engagement itself: the place is bad as fighting over central vp gives you no resources and it is a problem as opponent has your fuel. You are in a cover position for no more than a second. Instead of winning it with focused fire of 12 stgs you come out of cover and rush into enemy second squad that is already in green cover. You win that only because he messed up with retreat and because it was whole your army blobbed but the problem is you have no territory, and you are not even fighting for it, you fight for a scrap of open ground with no resources.

Then instead of pushing the advantage of won skirmish and cutting enemy off resources (north ones) you capped you start to dance under fire in the middle of map, loosing models and having to retreat a squad, that is 1/3 of your shock force. You win another skirmish but again you capture a point that has no value as you are not connected to it and it doesnt cut off your opponent. While it all is happening you float to over 400mp.

Now that enemy retreated all his squads you start mining, cool idea but he is still getting resources from your fuel and muni and you still get none. If only you had one capping squad. Oh wait, you have 400mp dont you? When you start capturing your fuel enemy is still connected to it. Remember that it is faster to decap strategic point than fuel or muni point so while you capture it enemy still gets a lot of resources. Cutting him off first would have been much better option. Mind that before you are able to decap your fuel he already connected south one, he is still on the top here.

You got really lucky with rifle wipe on a mine. He messed up ofc but he shouldnt have lost that rifle to one mine.

Again attacking over open ground, without losses as the opponent plays even worse running to cover and loosing the LT. At least he flanks you and that puts your sturmpios in dangerous situation. Should have retreated that squad much earlier, now its dead. And it was more expensive than LT... Overall in this engagement he looses 300mp and you loose 356mp, well you call that outplaying him?

Next one goes better but you are cought out of position in the beginning, that costs you 2 models and you have to retreat one squad. You retreat both for whatever reason giving opponent free reign over top resources. Still floating over 400mp. Mind that because of that float enemy REs capped whole south-west part of the map. It would have been yours if you made one more squad, even volks, to scare them off and cap by yourself. He also wouldnt be so comfortable to attack your resources if his resource points were threatned. Here you end the float making 5th squad of sturmpios... They must have been amazing in this match as you build so many of them, oh wait, they were not.

Another problem with spamming only one unit is that opponents has easy time countering it. Rifles are good but flak ht is much harder of a counter to AI squads with no snare. If only some of them had shrecks...
You feel that standing in base healing is a bad idea while opponent has the whole map. Well coming out of it with hurt models is even worse one. As soon as you meet rifles you take model losses, should have healed them up better. Again, you are rushing in the open ground into green cover frontally in open ground. Even with more twice more troops you will loose more mp and health during this. Well unless he forgets to retreat... but thats still a win for him as you lost all your fighting strength and are unable to recover territory, after aa ht comes to sweep up wiping another squad.

At the same time rifles catch your raketen completely out of position giving flak ht a free window of opportunity. You end up only slightly in favour in terms of manpower value but also totally in the stone age in terms of tech. 100 fuel wit + 10 gives no chances for jpzer. GG

Oh and try to use camo on the raketenwerfer ;)

Here you have it. You can tell me whatever you want but that was a really bad match. On both sides.

Btw telling that your opponent is unskilled due to wipes when you alredy lost 640mp in wipes is kind of funny :D The same goes for calling rushing into green cover a good play :D

7 Nov 2015, 16:29 PM
Patrion 14

use the strat page.
7 Nov 2015, 16:41 PM

Permanently Banned
Ok, I've watched it. First of all what you have to do in the early game is make your sturmpios and kubel fight while volks capture the map. You had only sturmpio early on and that means no map controll and loosing fights because capping even one point at the time means a major part of your fighting force (320mp!) is idle. Thats a major waste.

Secondly you fight out of cover, what is partially coused by the fact that you cap on the spots that are far away from nearest cover. Always cap in the spot of the circle that is nearest to cover so you can hop inside if you are being attacked without being cought out of position. And again, you would have more cover if you had a unit that can build it during capture.

To precise I dont think sturmpios are bad. I think they are micro intensive to use with 4 expensive models and dps decreasing a lot with every dead model, this is a risky strategy and you were totally not prepared to make it work.

In 2:30 with open map and enemy capturing points in the open ground it was a perfect time to choose a doctrine and support your attack with mg34, there is no way to attack with only sturmpios as they should always attack with support of other squad that engages before them and soaks up damage or suppresion unit like kubel or mg to decrease enemy RoF while you charge. What you did instead? You build 4th sturmpio... this is hardly a combined arms strategy to spam expensive units that work badly on current map. Even if you didn't know how bad they are there you should have known by watching first engagement and its outcome. By the time of next engagement you could have had 2 mg34s, 3 volks and a sturmpio instead of just 4 sturmpios...

And here comes the second engagement itself: the place is bad as fighting over central vp gives you no resources and it is a problem as opponent has your fuel. You are in a cover position for no more than a second. Instead of winning it with focused fire of 12 stgs you come out of cover and rush into enemy second squad that is already in green cover. You win that only because he messed up with retreat and because it was whole your army blobbed but the problem is you have no territory, and you are not even fighting for it, you fight for a scrap of open ground with no resources.

Then instead of pushing the advantage of won skirmish and cutting enemy off resources (north ones) you capped you start to dance under fire in the middle of map, loosing models and having to retreat a squad, that is 1/3 of your shock force. You win another skirmish but again you capture a point that has no value as you are not connected to it and it doesnt cut off your opponent. While it all is happening you float to over 400mp.

Now that enemy retreated all his squads you start mining, cool idea but he is still getting resources from your fuel and muni and you still get none. If only you had one capping squad. Oh wait, you have 400mp dont you? When you start capturing your fuel enemy is still connected to it. Remember that it is faster to decap strategic point than fuel or muni point so while you capture it enemy still gets a lot of resources. Cutting him off first would have been much better option. Mind that before you are able to decap your fuel he already connected south one, he is still on the top here.

You got really lucky with rifle wipe on a mine. He messed up ofc but he shouldnt have lost that rifle to one mine.

Again attacking over open ground, without losses as the opponent plays even worse running to cover and loosing the LT. At least he flanks you and that puts your sturmpios in dangerous situation. Should have retreated that squad much earlier, now its dead. And it was more expensive than LT... Overall in this engagement he looses 300mp and you loose 356mp, well you call that outplaying him?

Next one goes better but you are cought out of position in the beginning, that costs you 2 models and you have to retreat one squad. You retreat both for whatever reason giving opponent free reign over top resources. Still floating over 400mp. Mind that because of that float enemy REs capped whole south-west part of the map. It would have been yours if you made one more squad, even volks, to scare them off and cap by yourself. He also wouldnt be so comfortable to attack your resources if his resource points were threatned. Here you end the float making 5th squad of sturmpios... They must have been amazing in this match as you build so many of them, oh wait, they were not.

Another problem with spamming only one unit is that opponents has easy time countering it. Rifles are good but flak ht is much harder of a counter to AI squads with no snare. If only some of them had shrecks...
You feel that standing in base healing is a bad idea while opponent has the whole map. Well coming out of it with hurt models is even worse one. As soon as you meet rifles you take model losses, should have healed them up better. Again, you are rushing in the open ground into green cover frontally in open ground. Even with more twice more troops you will loose more mp and health during this. Well unless he forgets to retreat... but thats still a win for him as you lost all your fighting strength and are unable to recover territory, after aa ht comes to sweep up wiping another squad.

At the same time rifles catch your raketen completely out of position giving flak ht a free window of opportunity. You end up only slightly in favour in terms of manpower value but also totally in the stone age in terms of tech. 100 fuel wit + 10 gives no chances for jpzer. GG

Oh and try to use camo on the raketenwerfer ;)

Here you have it. You can tell me whatever you want but that was a really bad match. On both sides.

Btw telling that your opponent is unskilled due to wipes when you alredy lost 640mp in wipes is kind of funny :D The same goes for calling rushing into green cover a good play :D

Thank you for your assessment.

I understand your point and will take the advice by heart. You are right I did play bad and should have used cover better, but I still played better than him, which is the point, because he played worse and could still pull a win. He lost 4 rifle squads and a LT squad, I can safely tell him that he is unskilled due to the fact that he lost so many of his squads. I just tried something different than the mg34 and volks..

What do you suppose I should do vs the rifle hordes then? MG34 isn't going to cut it, as soon as smoke comes out, it is hard countered for good. Volks don't feel like a solid choice other than capping power and some at, they are weak in my opinion.

I don't know man, after all these games lately, I just don't feel it for OKW anymore. Just tried something new since MG34 with volks just get stomped and smoked and flanked.

Everyone keeps telling me and others to use MG34 and volks, but they are both shit..
7 Nov 2015, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned

sorry to say so, but you build 3 sturmpios in first 3 mins in AN OPEN MAP.

your poor tactic lost the game. not the commander of the opponent.

Lol, he lost 5 squads in total, I can bet my ass safely that I didn't lose just by sturmpio build. MG 34 and volks would have lost me the game as well, I had north side Kharkov.

All excuses and possibilities aside, I didn't play at my best most certainly, but telling me my build was 100% lost case when I wipe 3 of his units isn't that big of statement my friend.
7 Nov 2015, 16:51 PM

if u dont like these units, call fusiliers. they garden rifles
7 Nov 2015, 17:01 PM

OP, try planting a Shu mine directly in front of an MG34. (Or put a MG34 behind a Shu mine.)

Rifles smoke, go to rush it, and BOOM. Heavy losses inflicted on squads that your Volks can mop up.

OP, I also recommend Panzerfusiliers into JP4, and 3 Volks/2 Sturms/3 MG34, with a beeline to T3 so you can get Panther. Puppchens, mines, and shreks are AT.
7 Nov 2015, 17:06 PM

to be fair you open yourself up to a lot of criticism when you ask what you did wrong but your absolutely correct by saying unskilled players have better matches using rifles
7 Nov 2015, 17:07 PM
Donator 11

Thank you for your assessment.

I understand your point and will take the advice by heart. You are right I did play bad and should have used cover better, but I still played better than him, which is the point, because he played worse and could still pull a win. He lost 4 rifle squads and a LT squad, I can safely tell him that he is unskilled due to the fact that he lost so many of his squads. I just tried something different than the mg34 and volks..

What do you suppose I should do vs the rifle hordes then? MG34 isn't going to cut it, as soon as smoke comes out, it is hard countered for good. Volks don't feel like a solid choice other than capping power and some at, they are weak in my opinion.

I don't know man, after all these games lately, I just don't feel it for OKW anymore. Just tried something new since MG34 with volks just get stomped and smoked and flanked.

Everyone keeps telling me and others to use MG34 and volks, but they are both shit..

What can I say? Okw is weakest 1v1 faction right now. From what I can see this patch, last patch meta with medhq, volks, and early kubel into double ISG, jegers, jpzer and ostwind still works the best, not even that much worse than last patch with some micro or carefull attack ground.

If you want to experiment there are ways to do so though:
Flak ht has its problems but works pretty well vs brits if supperted by sturmpio and raketenwerfer. Wouldn't try it against usf or soviets unless I had godlike micro.
Pzfusiliers can also do wonders, they work well against brit sniper strats and usf overall. This strategy needs some carefull raketenwerfer micro as spending muni on g43 leaves you without shrecks, it is good to make only 2 volks and not upgrade to shrecks until mid game. Then you can build more and upgrade them right away.
Some players also tend to use falls recently but I dont know how to make it work without flakht. It is a good suplement to anti brit ht strategy I wrote before though.

Basically the most powerfull units of okw are now jpzer and raketenwerfer, with the latter one working well in buildings, in camo or in groups of 2 at least, in 1v1 you can hardly make more. The problem is with infantry but the ISG still can give you an edge if microed.

The most important thing is resource management. You say you outplayed him. I would say you both forgot about one of essencial parts of 1v1 game. He forgot to retreat, or maybe just has bad reflexes. You totally forgot about resource/strategy part. Both are fatal and there is no way to discuss ballance with such mistakes.

As for experimenting: Its a great idea! Okw meta is stale and by experimenting you can sometimes win by shocking your opponent with some kind of build he wasn't expecting. There are 2 principles though:
1. Always change your build only slightly. One or 2 more sturmpios can work well but not 4 of them.
2. Never make your build predictible. The whole point of playing out of meta is to be unpredictible. Your build was both worse than optimal one and super easy to read as it consisted of one type of units. That means it was just plain worse than meta one and you didn't have to play that match to figure it out. Some strategies can be thrown away already on the drawing board.
7 Nov 2015, 17:25 PM

Please next time move your lost game into replay review , many starts. want to help you be here in LOLforums ? NO . With this amound of sarcasm here i refuse to help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment