Login

russian armor

Arnhem Checkpoint Tips as USF?

6 Nov 2015, 11:28 AM

I cannot figure out how to play this map as USF, from either starting positions. I realise that holding mid is vital to protect your cutoff and a side of the map, but the opponent always rushes an MG to cover mid. From there its just hard to dislodge them until a Pack Howie, while they harass your cutoff and solidify their position on the fuel and VPs. So I'm always forced to yoyo between one side of the map to the other which isn't good.

Any tips on where to focus first? Cap "my" cutoff", rush for their cutoff, or bunker down in mid and go from there?
6 Nov 2015, 11:31 AM

i think this map is really strong for usf. if he gets an mg in the middle, just cap around the map , take his cutoffs etc. since 1 mg is in the mid and your riflemen will ALWAYS (if mircoed right) win a 1v1 vs grens/volks you will take both sides of the map due overhelming force (so both fuels and muni). if u want to go through mid at all cost go rifle company for rifleflamers or stormpios ( the one with flamers and m10).
6 Nov 2015, 12:37 PM

If you have Riflecompany, use it here (map is practically made for it)

As for the map itself, use the flanks as USF, cap cut-off harass fuel and muni etc.
Once you have m20/nades/flamers/pack howi you can start focusing on the mid.
If, for some reason you wish to not wait for any of that, i can suggest using the garrisons and the green cover to fight the opponent in mid, but when he has a sniper or m42, that is generally not manpower effective.

And to answer a question directly, "bunker" down in mid as USF is imo, the fastest way to lose, since you are playing the enemy's game with a faction known to be aggresive, not defensive.

Hope this was helpfull
6 Nov 2015, 12:47 PM

If you have Riflecompany, use it here (map is practically made for it)

As for the map itself, use the flanks as USF, cap cut-off harass fuel and muni etc.
Once you have m20/nades/flamers/pack howi you can start focusing on the mid.
If, for some reason you wish to not wait for any of that, i can suggest using the garrisons and the green cover to fight the opponent in mid, but when he has a sniper or m42, that is generally not manpower effective.

And to answer a question directly, "bunker" down in mid as USF is imo, the fastest way to lose, since you are playing the enenmy's game with a faction known to be aggresive, not defensive.

Hope this was helpfull

Thanks. I guess I was being maybe a bit too passive in capping "my" side first and just letting them turtle in mid and the other side. I'd then just sorta bash my head against mid then lol. I'll try being more aggressive and attacking where they cap first instead, try and keep them occupied while I move into mid from the other side.
6 Nov 2015, 13:06 PM

Thanks. I guess I was being maybe a bit too passive in capping "my" side first and just letting them turtle in mid and the other side. I'd then just sorta bash my head against mid then lol. I'll try being more aggressive and attacking where they cap first instead, try and keep them occupied while I move into mid from the other side.

In that regard, use your RE's to cap your fuel and your rifles to harras/attack him.
And as a golden rule: never attack where the enemy will beat you (still have trouble with that one myself, attacking at the same spot over and over again, knowing i will lose there).
6 Nov 2015, 15:48 PM

Next time you lose on this map as USF and you don't really know why, upload a replay and people will help you.
As others mentioned Rifle Company is really strong on this map, as you can deny the buildings in mid and force players to go on the red cover. Thanks to M20 or Stuart you have also strong harassing tools to which your enemy can't always react since the map is rather big.

In addition to the OCF videos on the map you can check out this video.
Here also Axis player turtles in the middle, why USF player tries to go around that.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 23
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment