Login

russian armor

CoH2 Day 1 DLC why I think it's "pay to win"

30 Jun 2013, 17:13 PM

By the logic in this thread vCOH was pay to win too, because you had to pay to get access to PE and Brits. Hey, it doesn't matter if they're well balanced, because more strategic choices is an advantage, right?

COH 2 isn't P2W and neither was vCOH. No one is being forced to buy anything, and nothing on offer has any particular advantage on the battlefield. Get over it.

The British ToV units were p2w because they were insanely broken, but agreed this isn't.
1 Jul 2013, 05:29 AM

I agree with a lot of the points made by AE, I'm distressed by the DLC; I was considering a purchase but thus far I've held off and stuck with vCoH on the basis that I have no idea how SEGA/Relic will manage CoH2. The uncertainty caused by the day one DLC is keeping me from buying the game so far, despite vCoH being one of my favorite games ever.

SEGA's managed Total War mostly well but Shogun 2 had some ridiculous DLC. Chiefly the blood effects DLC but as shitty as that DLC was, it still had no effect on gameplay & it was purely visual. Also Total War has a way less competitive multi scene vs. CoH.

I think there's a lot of potential in CoH2 but I honestly don't see myself purchasing the game for at least a year at this point. I need to ensure I won't get ripped off, buying into a game that I think will be kept fair only to have some new OP DLC.

If SEGA wants a big franchise they'll need to sacrifice small profits like this DLC in favor of long term growth of CoH as an esport. A sizable esports community won't develop if large swathes of said community feel they are at a strategic disadvantage. As a long time SEGA fan (going back to Genesis/Mega Drive, depending on your territory) I'm not sure they are competent enough to pull it off. I've watched that company make blunder after blunder at the management level despite the extremely creative individuals inside of their dev teams.

So to any relic devs reading, I say: try to exercise as much weight as you can to ensure the integrity of the game is preserved.
1 Jul 2013, 05:36 AM

I agree with a lot of the points made by AE, I'm distressed by the DLC; I was considering a purchase but thus far I've held off and stuck with vCoH on the basis that I have no idea how SEGA/Relic will manage CoH2. The uncertainty caused by the day one DLC is keeping me from buying the game so far, despite vCoH being one of my favorite games ever.

SEGA's managed Total War mostly well but Shogun 2 had some ridiculous DLC. Chiefly the blood effects DLC but as shitty as that DLC was, it still had no effect on gameplay & it was purely visual. Also Total War has a way less competitive multi scene vs. CoH.

I think there's a lot of potential in CoH2 but I honestly don't see myself purchasing the game for at least a year at this point. I need to ensure I won't get ripped off, buying into a game that I think will be kept fair only to have some new OP DLC.

If SEGA wants a big franchise they'll need to sacrifice small profits like this DLC in favor of long term growth of CoH as an esport. A sizable esports community won't develop if large swathes of said community feel they are at a strategic disadvantage. As a long time SEGA fan (going back to Genesis/Mega Drive, depending on your territory) I'm not sure they are competent enough to pull it off. I've watched that company make blunder after blunder at the management level despite the extremely creative individuals inside of their dev teams.

So to any relic devs reading, I say: try to exercise as much weight as you can to ensure the integrity of the game is preserved.

.this
1 Jul 2013, 05:38 AM

look here
http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/

10 Commander Archetypes
Soviet Commanders
Anti-Infantry Tactics
Conscript Support Tactics
Terror Tactics
Armored Assault Tactics (released July 2nd)
Mechanized Support Tactics (released July 2nd)

German Commanders
Joint Operations Doctrine
Spearhead Doctrine
Storm Doctrine (released July 2nd)
Fortified Armor Doctrine (released July 2nd)
Lightning War Doctrine (released July 2nd)

released July 2nd!? WTF!
1 Jul 2013, 06:36 AM

look here
released July 2nd!? WTF!

whats the problem? They are going to release more commanders, is that really that big a surprise?
1 Jul 2013, 07:59 AM

the supprise will be than these ones are op and they are $6 each.
1 Jul 2013, 08:38 AM

TFN tournament is over.

and now, just Let's think about new commanders.

were they OP?

I think, It's absolutely not.
1 Jul 2013, 19:22 PM

I'm confused, looking at german commanders, unless you pay for a commander you cannot access the Tiger tank?
1 Jul 2013, 19:39 PM
Benefactor 115

you can but at level 45
1 Jul 2013, 19:42 PM

I'm confused, looking at german commanders, unless you pay for a commander you cannot access the Tiger tank?

Don't worry, you aren't missing out on much this patch.
1 Jul 2013, 19:59 PM

you can but at level 45

Thanks for clarifying Ip, nice Akira DP! I'm a Lau Chan main myself, I also like Eileen.

Don't worry, you aren't missing out on much this patch.

What's this inferring? I don't completely get what you're indicating here.
Seb
1 Jul 2013, 20:02 PM
Admin Black Badge

Tiger is just bad for its cost on this patch (mostly range issue).
1 Jul 2013, 21:06 PM
Benefactor 115

Thanks for clarifying Ip, nice Akira DP! I'm a Lau Chan main myself, I also like Eileen.

Choke slams! first person to know who the guy in my avatar is :D
1 Jul 2013, 22:48 PM

You can get a Tiger at LV 45. It's the Assault Support Doctrine.

You don't need pay for a Tiger. and That's the best commander of german.

The Spearhead doc is good too. but, That has not a Opel truck and Strafing Run.

Many german users uses the Assault Support Doc. They doesn't pay to win.
2 Jul 2013, 18:00 PM

So, the rest of the commanders released today for the CE. Have folks formed any opinions yet? Not sure how long they've been out, I have them but I don't know if they came out at midnight or what.
2 Jul 2013, 18:29 PM

German commanders look interesting for sure. The Soviets didn't really get anything interesting.
2 Jul 2013, 18:30 PM
Benefactor 115

indeed, mechanized support is the best out of the bunch but to be fair the starting 3 commanders are easily the best of the bunch.
2 Jul 2013, 20:21 PM

crosspost because relevant:
2 Jul 2013, 20:52 PM

None of the new commanders are OP. Of the Ostheer ones, the only one that could be midldly effective is the Armored one (Elefant,+ hull down+ commander tank +defensive smoke? yes please).

Other than that, the rest are situational. Mechanized is okay, but there are better Soviet ones. Same for germans.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★