Login

russian armor

ISU-152 feels really weak

5 Nov 2015, 17:34 PM
Donator 33

make concrete piercing shells into a timed AP ability like USF AT gun AP rounds for more penetration for like 20 secs for example while keeping the cost

sounds intresting but would you need to use AT rounds before activating it, or magically switch from HE to concrete?
5 Nov 2015, 17:44 PM

The ISU seems to be underperforming. It seems to hit every bump on the ground unlike other tanks. Now i am not sure where to buff it, but the AT shell is dreadful. It bounces off Panthers regularly. It needs some kind of buff
5 Nov 2015, 17:53 PM

It already has Elefant like range, except it can actually kill ATG and infantry whereas elefant cannot. Comparing it to Elefant, I think I prefer the ISU-152 since it can make an enemy pay no matter what their force composition is. 200 penetration at far range doesn't feel quite right for a 152mm cannon so moving it up a little bit would be fine. But it shouldn't be as good as an Elefant at AT becuase it is a hybrid assault gun, not a tank destroyer as OP stated.

If you could choose between a T-34 and a Sherman, what would you go? Most people would say Sherman even though it is worse than a T-34 in fighting tanks. However it is specialized against infantry while the T-34 is still terrible against tanks . ISU - Elefant relationship is similiar. The ISU can engage tanks and infantry alike, but it doesn't perform excellent in any of those tasks. An Elefant however negates armor gameplay which allows the player to have other anti-infantry dedicated units which are usually countered by armor.
5 Nov 2015, 17:56 PM

Jagtiger is cheap. Battlegroup Headquarters +Call in, easy.

1 PAK + 1 STUG. Or jagdpancer 4 + some folks or Raket.

Your telepathy failed. Now, ISU still one-shot infantry like they do...always? But its effectiveness against german armor is low. Particularly because you use HE-shells. If you not use HE-shells come sherks and PAKs. But this is not problem.
The problem is german heavy TD. ISU will lost once they come into battelfield. And all you may say - "don't take ISU if germans take heavy TD". Thx C.O. But again i don't use ISU anymore.

You foget "flank & smoke". And you words mean nothing, because i don't see ISU in multiplayer. I play all fractions and see ISU rarely as well as T-34-76, penals or SU-85.

If someone can hold out to JT with just battlegroup HQ + Call in, then you failed. please l2p.

Pak and JP4 has 60 range, StuG & Reketen has 50, and you are telling me your 70 range ISU get killed by these? again. L2p.
Tip: Move your ISU back when it gets hit? it has 1080 health so i doubt it will die within 10s

Your telepathy failed. Now, ISU still one-shot infantry like they do...always? It's an Artillery assualt gun designed to snipe infantry with HE shells from afar, and AT shell is just a bonus.
If you want to counter German armor?
IS2 / SU85 + SU76 / T34-85 with Mark target.

You can't everything on one unit. period. what you're expecting is the old broken ISU.

And your words mean bullshit as well, as long as you dont show what skill level we're talking about.

5 Nov 2015, 18:20 PM

If you want to counter German armor?

How do you counter a Jagdtiger or Elefant (with spotting scopes on it or on a 222 with vet2) who are protected by Minefields?
5 Nov 2015, 18:43 PM

Artillery assualt gun designed to snipe infantry with HE shells from afar

But ISU did not do it everytime. The scatter is too large and RNG too high.

You can't counter Jagtiger and Elifant with the support use "IS2 / SU85 + SU76 / T34-85 with Mark target".

L2p. And your words mean bullshit as well, as long as you dont show what skill level we're talking about.

This spell not work sorry. This thread not about my skills. People here say that something wrong with ISU. We do not see it in game. Somthing wrong.
P.S. Does anyone know of a way to counter Jagtiger or Elifant without airsupport?
Hat
5 Nov 2015, 19:09 PM

I know people hate getting gibbed from long range.

I see nobody complaining about OST scopes, SU-85, Searchlight or T-76.

ISU-152 should be a beast.
5 Nov 2015, 20:28 PM

ISU-152 is lackluster on good days, ground pounder on bad days. It is completely overshadowed by better super heavies, and its random ability to wipe squads is as annoying for the player using it as the one getting hit by it.

There are many possible solutions here. Another might be that it comes with AT rounds, but when it reaches vet 1 it gets a bombard ground like the SU-76 with HE. This would give it a more clearly defined role. This does make it similar to the JT, but I just want to see this unit actually be able to take on German armor while limiting squad wipes.
5 Nov 2015, 22:15 PM

How do you counter a Jagdtiger or Elefant (with spotting scopes on it or on a 222 with vet2) who are protected by Minefields?

Sweep/mortar/arty/bomb/nade the mines

roll in with your bazooka blob / AT gun blob / M10 / T34-85 horde, mark target. done.
5 Nov 2015, 22:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 19:09 PMHat

I see nobody complaining about OST scopes, SU-85, Searchlight or T-76.

ISU-152 should be a beast.

That means you are not playing long enough to see the glorious days of 100 Range ISU wiping squads from afar with its self spot with 100% accuracy, while able to chain-stun/pen a Tiger Ace to death
6 Nov 2015, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 07:15 AMMuxsus
The biggest problem with it is the rounds hitting the ground, most noticeable on Angoville and Langres. They just won't hit infantry at max range. 200 pen at max range is not exactly great either, considering that you need to screen its flanks with AT. Right now it just doesn't feel like it is worth it. I'd trade off the ridiculous RNG wipes for some reliability at range and a pen buff.

If I'm not wrong, the pen is 210/230/250,just 10 less than the panther. The ISU-152 is good at AT,btw its damage per shot is 240. it can penetrate the front armor of the panther/tiger,even the elefant which has 400 front armor. The problem is its accuracy VS infantry at max range imo.
Hat
6 Nov 2015, 02:32 AM

That means you are not playing long enough to see the glorious days of 100 Range ISU wiping squads from afar with its self spot with 100% accuracy, while able to chain-stun/pen a Tiger Ace to death

Its supposed to be devastating. It being overpowered in the past doesn't justify it being crap now.

Also, if used properly this gun should be able to counter Tiger Tanks. The Tiger has mobility that the ISU does not.
6 Nov 2015, 02:46 AM

I like using the Guards+mark target+ISU commander when playing as soviet. Generally speaking this unit performs well at AT at max range,it can outrange all the armors except the JT and the pen(230) is good eough,40 more than SU85.

Maybe it could use a slight buff of accuracy vs infantry at max range, but just a slight buff, nobody want the old ISU which slaughters everything back.
6 Nov 2015, 03:17 AM

Unlike typical relic balance, I would like to see it buffed just very slightly

I wouldn't buff the HE shell directly, but I start with making it impossible to impact terrain like hills and little mounds, and I would buff the AP penetration a bit, from 260/230/200 to 270/250/230 or something
6 Nov 2015, 03:49 AM

The monster assault guns need to stay dead. That meta was awful.
6 Nov 2015, 08:05 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 23:15 PMSully
Is this real life?
6 Nov 2015, 16:57 PM
Patrion 14

isu still wipes infantry more than rarely, so i think it is fine.
6 Nov 2015, 17:11 PM

Pretty sure Relic just forgot the ISU was still ingame after the last nerf.
6 Nov 2015, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2015, 03:49 AMWygrif
The monster assault guns need to stay dead. That meta was awful.

so things should be underperforming because it was imbalanced previously? wow sounds logical
6 Nov 2015, 18:09 PM

I hadn't seen this unit in a long long time in 1v1. Came across one recently, my JP4 had no problem countering it at vet 3. This unit definitely needs some work!

I bet you haven't seen Jagdtiger in a 1v1 game for a long time as well. Not every unit is made for 1v1, I know people wish they were, but some are really made for team games. ISU is a good point guard. Have some Engies near a point to sight for the ISU and watch as the Gren blobs approach and your ISU starts sniping squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★