Login

russian armor

Just a few questions to developers

25 Jun 2013, 12:05 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Just-a-few-question-to-Developers

Here is the post i would be glad if one of the relic guys specially quinn duffy answers my questions either on this post or on the other one on official website
25 Jun 2013, 12:29 PM
Donator 11

Is that a troll post? MVGame
25 Jun 2013, 15:41 PM

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forums/company-of-heroes-2-discussion/topics/Just-a-few-question-to-Developers

Here is the post i would be glad if one of the relic guys specially quinn duffy answers my questions either on this post or on the other one on official website

I totally agree with you.
"Please frame questions in a manner which are constructive and in the spirit of making the game better, not just to be insulting."
He took it personally, but its a business. And you just asked a question which was asked 10000x time already. In coh bren carrier was a tier1 tank, destroying sandbags, wire, with button ability. If they cant see this as a problem, we shouldn't talk about it....

Im glad i didnt pay for this and talked off 3 friends.
25 Jun 2013, 17:33 PM

Why? If you hate the game, dont play/buy it instead of being an asshole to devs. Number 7 was not a question, it was "Hey you guys are stupid." If you want to ask questions, dont ask ones we know the answers to, and ask serious ones instead of "ThiiS IS DUMNB WILL you FiX?"
Only Relic postRelic 26 Jun 2013, 18:08 PM

Why? If you hate the game, dont play/buy it instead of being an asshole to devs. Number 7 was not a question, it was "Hey you guys are stupid." If you want to ask questions, dont ask ones we know the answers to, and ask serious ones instead of "ThiiS IS DUMNB WILL you FiX?"

Yup.

We're happy to answer questions when we can, and have time. But if your question is simply a disguised insult or rhetorical point, then we're not going to deal with it. Treat us like we're professional game developers who spend a lot of time and effort making things, and we'll treat you like people who love the game and know a lot about it.

That's how a mutually constructive relationship works best.
26 Jun 2013, 19:32 PM
Patrion 14

^ Agreed but, hey, this is the internet. If all the entitlement kiddies just fucked off it would be a lot easier.
26 Jun 2013, 20:05 PM

Well I dont want to take sides, but we are the consumers. Without us relic nor thq would exist or thrive. And as consumers we expect a product to be to our liking, we especially expect promises to be kept to us by the company we buy our products from. What I am getting at is, we are entitled to a certain degree. We spend our hard earned money (in some cases parents money) on these products. Dont you want that product to be ss good as advertised?? I am a bit dissapointed by coh2 and its condition, however, I still bought an entirely new pc just for coh2 and I eventually will buy the product once my next paycheck hits becusse vcoh brought me lots of joy. I will continue to support this game since I have invested a lot into it. I also hold out hope that coh 2 will get better as time goes on.
26 Jun 2013, 20:14 PM

There is no "we" here. Some people might agree with this post, others don't. I for sure don't. In the way he frames his questions he comes of rather dickish, and he doesn't even care about formatting or even proper language, so if I were some Relic dev, I wouldn't bother answering them at all.
The fact that two relic guys already responded shows how much they value close interaction with the community.
26 Jun 2013, 22:14 PM

Well I dont want to take sides, but we are the consumers. Without us relic nor thq would exist or thrive. And as consumers we expect a product to be to our liking, we especially expect promises to be kept to us by the company we buy our products from. What I am getting at is, we are entitled to a certain degree. We spend our hard earned money (in some cases parents money) on these products. Dont you want that product to be ss good as advertised?? I am a bit dissapointed by coh2 and its condition, however, I still bought an entirely new pc just for coh2 and I eventually will buy the product once my next paycheck hits becusse vcoh brought me lots of joy. I will continue to support this game since I have invested a lot into it. I also hold out hope that coh 2 will get better as time goes on.

^^^^

Video games are one of the only segments of entertainment media (that I can think of) that have an organic quality to them after they are released. By that I mean that you can't simply patch a movie after it's been released to theaters and hope to make it better. Kanye can't release a Day 1 new album because his first go was half-assed. Because of this, there is hope that the consumer can somehow convince the developers to mold a game in a manner that creates a joyful gaming experience (in rts games I guess the appropriate term is a balanced experience). It is this hope that makes the player keep coming back and spending 20-30 sometimes 60 minutes a match grinding out games, but it is inherently frustrating to see kinks not worked out after over 7 years of practice and a continued reversion of course from implementation of the Brits until now (as far as fluid gameplay is concerned). I think the reviews coming in are showcasing this general feeling. I trust IGN's 8.4 and that seems fair. FWIW, IGN said it felt like a massive expansion pack to an earlier product that just builds on a winning formula...something like that. They also said the weather was really unforgiving (as were flamethrowers).

No doubt Relic will work to create a more joyful experience for all to be had with coh2, but some updates on what they plan to do would be nice - transparency. I liked the little survey I got in game about the AI...cool technique to gather data I think. If it was helpful or not I don't know.
27 Jun 2013, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 18:08 PMNoun

Yup.

We're happy to answer questions when we can, and have time. But if your question is simply a disguised insult or rhetorical point, then we're not going to deal with it. Treat us like we're professional game developers who spend a lot of time and effort making things, and we'll treat you like people who love the game and know a lot about it.

i already answered that on your official website Noun. i know alot of work makes people tired and they suddenly might rage at anything which is opposite of their desire because you work to bring joy to the players and also yourself so if someone just shows up with different opinion you get pissed (this is same about all of us) , yea ACCEPTED and RESPECTED you worked over 10000 hours for this game so did i over Beta and Alpha and over the original game COH1 to help you guys make a better game. Probably i am expecting the same from developers when i post something about a game glitch or balance issue or bugs ? i do like to see COH2 raping all other RTS games because its my favourite so far but Have you seen Battlefield 3 Facebook page or their official forums or UBISOFT ? even if you give them the most stupid comment and most rude comment they still show respect to the costumers without begging their pardon.
just because i asked "What do we learn from the past about brits and TOV?nothing?" you say i have no manners ? i really see no insulting comment on that post at all and as i said just because this is over internet u might think questions were asked in raging way.
i am done explaining things to people here they just look for a post to see if they can start flaming over it or trolling

Once again Noun If anything in my post insulted you and your team i am sorry about it i thought you read my comment already on your official site
27 Jun 2013, 11:40 AM

There is no "we" here. Some people might agree with this post, others don't. I for sure don't. In the way he frames his questions he comes of rather dickish, and he doesn't even care about formatting or even proper language, so if I were some Relic dev, I wouldn't bother answering them at all.
The fact that two relic guys already responded shows how much they value close interaction with the community.

there is no badge for what you are doing if you know what i am referring to. clearly my questions are just short and not insulting
27 Jun 2013, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2013, 18:08 PMNoun

Yup.

in this case, you are completely right. the way the "questions" were asked implied not only discontent, but pretty much insulted the idea the developers had.

still, i can understand at least part of the frustration, since even from beta (can't talk about alpha, did not have access to the forums) some of the constructive criticsm was met with nicely phrased "lol, no."'s, or was outright ignored. even if seemingly 90+% of the other players agreed (and i'm not talking about balance stuff or ridiculous demands that would entail months of extra work, but "simple" stuff like for example UI details).

on another occasion i was warned by ImperialDane that my thread (on the sony forums) might be closed, because a troll was refusing to read my first post (which had examples, with images) and demanded examples, because he only read my TL;DR section, and i insisted he read my first post (Dane said that I was the one who was trolling, probably because he didn't agree with what i had written).

27 Jun 2013, 15:12 PM

As long as no one is insulting someone directly everything is fine i think because as a consumer you should be able to be constructive whether it is criticism or praise.
But if you react like this it would not be a wonder when there is a CoH3 and no one buys it...
And yes BF3 is a good example for really good support. Think about it.

PS: Why is the pre-order Content for normal pre-order missing now? There was a Special camo for example!?
27 Jun 2013, 15:35 PM
Patrion 14

Maybe I'm just easily pleased or a gibbering fanboi, but am just relieved the game got released *at all*

All the social stuff and competition features will come. I can wait, but then again I'm not a big competitive player.

I want to see ladders, proper lobbies, more maps and stuff that will allow casual stompers to enjoy all the vCoH features. Hell, I want everyone to get what they want.

I'm also confident that it will happen.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS