Login

russian armor

USF cakewalks OKW and Ostheer

6 Nov 2015, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Hi
I'd like to add that the game is unbalanced not only because of units stats. It's because of many little things that add up to a lack of balance. Some players fail to notice how important those 'little' things are. To point out just a few.
1. Number of models in a squad. When it's 4 it means being unable to recrew weapons effectively. It's not only about stealing them, but also about recrewing you own weapons after a won skirmish. With ost it's essential to be able to recrew a pak/mg. It may happen you have to sacrifice a squad or aboandon the weapon. This turns a repelled attack into a loss in manpower war.
2. The repairing of the vehicles - You need to withdraw 200 manpower from the line to repair a vehicle. It stops you from capping, laying mines and very often may tip the balance of a skirmish. Also you must synchronize it with retreating a vehicle. Very often a pio must get to the place when a damaged engine vehicle is. It also delays the coming back of the vehicle into combat. It is a huge contrast with effective and quick repairs by the vehicle crew which can cap at the same time.
3. Teching and not getting any units. With ost you must spend resources to tech + spend resources to build a building (again a pio retreated). A USF player will invest these resources in units running on the field, which changes the balance of the number of units on the map too much. The original design was to make it happen because ost would field much better quality units after teching. It's not true any more. Ost units after teching are on equal or even worse quality than the USF/Soviet units on the field.
I don't want to bore U ppl to death but imo this should be fixed first. Especially teching. If ost could just build buildings without battle phases it would be enough to make it a competitive 1v1 fraction again. The rest could stay the same. What do U think?

I agree with your points, but removing battle phase upgrades is not something I would want to happen. The battle phases are ok, but the prices of Ost T4 and T3 need to be adjusted. Further more, vet 1 riflemen at 0cp with the current scaling or riflemen is just absurd and I agree. You will hit the terminator vet 2 status at a mere 3-4 minutes in game :foreveralone:
6 Nov 2015, 19:25 PM

Riflemen need to be good and scale into lategame, as USF has no non-doc elite inf, and can't build anything else before tech.

Before any adjustments are made to riflemen themselves, Rifle Company needs to be adressed, otherwise USF may get overnerfed, classic Relic way.

As many already pointed out, flamers on main line inf are quite retarded. Just replace it with M1919 and push back vet-rifle call-in in CPs so it can be used only for replacing losses.

Buffing OST/OKW in response to flamer rifle problem may in turn screw SOV.
One fix at a time, I say.

Rifle vet is extreme atm.As is tommy vet.
6 Nov 2015, 19:25 PM

Permanently Banned
Riflemen need to be good and scale into lategame, as USF has no non-doc elite inf, and can't build anything else before tech.

Before any adjustments are made to riflemen themselves, Rifle Company needs to be adressed, otherwise USF may get overnerfed, classic Relic way.

As many already pointed out, flamers on main line inf are quite retarded. Just replace it with M1919 and push back vet-rifle call-in in CPs so it can be used only for replacing losses.

Buffing OST/OKW in response to flamer rifle problem may in turn screw SOV.
One fix at a time, I say.

Agreed. OKW needs a total overhaul and USF doesn't need to overnerfed into uselessness again. Tricky situation in which Relic put themselves once more...
6 Nov 2015, 19:27 PM

Permanently Banned

and tommies reinforcement cost is lower than that of grenadiers :foreveralone:
6 Nov 2015, 19:30 PM

An that may as well be the case. What I say, is to fix the most important issue first, and then see whether the rifles are still problematic. The problems are interconnected, so it's safer to fix them one by one.
6 Nov 2015, 19:36 PM

An that may as well be the case. What I say, is to fix the most important issue first, and then see whether the rifles are still problematic. The problems are interconnected, so it's safer to fix them one by one.

Riflemen didn't need the lategame vet buff.If u wanted to fix lategame rifle MP bleed easy way was to give an upgrade in HQ after atleast 2 tiers built that would decrease rifle upkeep a little or reduce reinforce cost a bit.So earlygame remained same,but lategame bleed eliminated.

Instead they broke the infantry balance completely with uber vet bonuses now dodging bullets.
6 Nov 2015, 19:42 PM

I disagree on this, maybe the buff was too big, though. As I said, in order to avoid possible overnerf again, I advocate fixing Rifle Company first, all I'm saying.

Cheers,
ng
6 Nov 2015, 21:23 PM

Permanently Banned

Riflemen didn't need the lategame vet buff.If u wanted to fix lategame rifle MP bleed easy way was to give an upgrade in HQ after atleast 2 tiers built that would decrease rifle upkeep a little or reduce reinforce cost a bit.So earlygame remained same,but lategame bleed eliminated.

Instead they broke the infantry balance completely with uber vet bonuses now dodging bullets.

Tommies have same absurd vet. Meanwhile volks, sturmpioneers and grenadiers are crying in a corner.
6 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM

Tommies have same absurd vet. Meanwhile volks, sturmpioneers and grenadiers are crying in a corner.

The funny thing is diff between grenadiers and riflemen is justified by 40 mp diff so they 'should lose at all ranges'.
However same 40 mp difference between strumpios and rifles is different story.Sturmpio needed nerf into a state where volks defenceless vs rifle horde.

Allied fanboy logic.
6 Nov 2015, 21:30 PM

Permanently Banned

The funny thing is diff between grenadiers and riflemen is justified by 40 mp diff so they 'should lose at all ranges'.
However same 40 mp difference between strumpios and rifles is different story.Sturmpio needed nerf into a state where volks defenceless vs rifle horde.

Allied fanboy logic.

:foreveralone:
7 Nov 2015, 02:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

But I just read that riflecompany is totally fine and justified by the fact that USF was shit a few patches ago.

I agree completely with you

That kind of logic doesn't work with me.
Rifle was and is broken. Fixing issues with USF has nothing to do with Rifle company overperforming.

I won't talk about OKW as i'm not playing 1v1 with OKW (yes on other modes), but as OH you have the tools. Is it harder, probably. You have to be on point with your MG/sniper play.
7 Nov 2015, 09:12 AM

Hi
I'd like to add that the game is unbalanced not only because of units stats. It's because of many little things that add up to a lack of balance. Some players fail to notice how important those 'little' things are. To point out just a few.
1. Number of models in a squad. When it's 4 it means being unable to recrew weapons effectively. It's not only about stealing them, but also about recrewing you own weapons after a won skirmish. With ost it's essential to be able to recrew a pak/mg. It may happen you have to sacrifice a squad or aboandon the weapon. This turns a repelled attack into a loss in manpower war.
2. The repairing of the vehicles - You need to withdraw 200 manpower from the line to repair a vehicle. It stops you from capping, laying mines and very often may tip the balance of a skirmish. Also you must synchronize it with retreating a vehicle. Very often a pio must get to the place when a damaged engine vehicle is. It also delays the coming back of the vehicle into combat. It is a huge contrast with effective and quick repairs by the vehicle crew which can cap at the same time.
3. Teching and not getting any units. With ost you must spend resources to tech + spend resources to build a building (again a pio retreated). A USF player will invest these resources in units running on the field, which changes the balance of the number of units on the map too much. The original design was to make it happen because ost would field much better quality units after teching. It's not true any more. Ost units after teching are on equal or even worse quality than the USF/Soviet units on the field.
I don't want to bore U ppl to death but imo this should be fixed first. Especially teching. If ost could just build buildings without battle phases it would be enough to make it a competitive 1v1 fraction again. The rest could stay the same. What do U think?

Very observational and insightful post man ! One of the best I've seen on the topic, and actually addresses some of the aspects not mentioned ever before :thumbsup:
7 Nov 2015, 13:01 PM

I disagree on this, maybe the buff was too big, though. As I said, in order to avoid possible overnerf again, I advocate fixing Rifle Company first, all I'm saying.

Cheers,
ng

even before the rifleman veterancy buff, rifle company was already considered the "go-to" for US in 1v1.

The only problem with rifleman previously was the USF lack of artillery and the weakness of the bar. Admittedly I think the bar is still a bit weak, but the pack howitzer is pretty awesome now.

The pack howitzer buff is major, especially since most axis squad are vulnerable to explosive due to low member count. If the grenadiers are not getting killed by terminator, they are getting killed by pack howitzers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★