Login

russian armor

Whermacht inf squad size

5 Nov 2015, 02:07 AM

I think you could maybe tweak the grenadiers to 5 men at Tier 3 or 4 as an unlock. However PGs shouldn't go up to 5....german infantry should be less numerous with more elite lite abilities/automatic weapons.

LOL pls tell me why german infantry should be like that. Just because Allies infantry won't win easily by walking into? The PGrens are already like paper now, they can't even stand against Allies rifle infantry. And you still say the german infantry should be "weak"?

BTW, elite abilities? you mean the bundle grenades which is weaker than common 30 munitions grenade? lol...Use it once then you will never use it any more.
5 Nov 2015, 02:18 AM

The whole big problem I have with this is it completely breaks the ost theme.... As if relic hasn't broken it already.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/44241/state-of-balance-thematic-problems-in-coh2

But with the MG34 threads around, I suppose no-one cares about it anyway. Carry on.
5 Nov 2015, 02:30 AM

adding 5-man squads to grens and pgrens are great and all, against usf and brits, but would be op vs soviets because the majority of their infantry will be cons.
5 Nov 2015, 02:42 AM

the british tommies get a squad size upgrade because they pay for it in advance.

there's no way that a 4 men tommies squad is worth 280mp. Their "real" cost is closer to 260-240 mp but definitely not 280.

this means that the british is paying the price of a 5 men squad in the beginning for a 4 men squad. They then need to spend additional mp and fuel to unlock the missing man.

the wehr grenadier are straight worth 240 mp. If the grenadier get a 5th men they would be worth 300 mp.

the biggest problem is more with the rifleman and Tommy veterancy. Their vetted received accuracy value is just too high. This put the grenadier at a huge disadvantage in a small arms fight as well as artillery duel.

Now that the pack howizter is actually decent the USF doesn't need to rely on rifleman.

british vs wehr is a bit more tricky since the british doesn't get any mobile artillery except for the sexton.
5 Nov 2015, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 01:14 AMHat

Yes they do. These units are amazing once given either rifles or Lmgs. They start with AT and excellent nades.

Making them 5 man would have to involve changing what I mentioned above.

Don't spread propaganda.The units gren or pzgren are NOT 'amazing' in any sense,they are thoroughly mediocre and dominated by allied infantry with poor durability.And they don't have excellent nades either.Rifle nade is now useless vs capable player and bundle is shit.

If u don't give them 5 men then they need big buffs to recieved accuracy or allied infantry need nerfs.

5 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2015, 02:07 AMatouba

LOL pls tell me why german infantry should be like that. Just because Allies infantry won't win easily by walking into? The PGrens are already like paper now, they can't even stand against Allies rifle infantry. And you still say the german infantry should be "weak"?

BTW, elite abilities? you mean the bundle grenades which is weaker than common 30 munitions grenade? lol...Use it once then you will never use it any more.

Because the army in the East at the time this game is taking place was suffering far more from man power shortage than the Soviets and the soon to arrive USA. They made up for this by better combined arms tactics than the russians which is why their Kill/Death Ratio was over 2 to 1 across the whole campaign in the east. Unfortunately for them, Russia had a lot more men to throw away. German squads should be smaller with better acc/DPS as well as better support weapons. All of these things are pretty much true in the game right now, the only problem is with the recent buffs at vet 3 to conscripts and USF and overall strength of the UKF's game, the Ostheer infantry is in the worst state.

And by the way, if you look at my player card you will see I play Ostheer 2v2 ranked more than anything else. I like playing Ostheer, I'm not a fan boy for either side. I look for historical resemblance and balanced gameplay. I am not saying Ostheer infantry should be weak, but they should absolutely be more fragile/vulnerable to wiping while being better at damage at least vs the SU whom they dominated in terms of infantry kill to death ratio.
5 Nov 2015, 16:09 PM

I think this is a great idea - I'm all for upgrades that give players more choices in overall build orders and increasing functionality of units. I think this mindset could be expanded to give upgrades to other units too. For extra cost, lets say you could increase squad size of support weapons. Or you could increase the armor of your medium tanks across the board.

These upgrades could be across factions and could really increase the depth of choice you would have for build orders and overall strategy.

Other possible upgrades -

Wehrmacht Light Vehicle Brigade - Open up access to more variants of light vehicles, including the ability to upgrade your halftrack to a forward retreat point.

Soviet Logistics - Decrease upkeep cost of army.

USF Artillery Support - Add an extra 2 shells to all artillery bombardments.

OKW - Hardened Veterans - Infantry Veterancy makes squads more expensive to reinforce, but adds additional bonuses.
Hat
5 Nov 2015, 18:53 PM

Don't spread propaganda.The units gren or pzgren are NOT 'amazing' in any sense,they are thoroughly mediocre and dominated by allied infantry with poor durability.And they don't have excellent nades either.Rifle nade is now useless vs capable player and bundle is shit.

If u don't give them 5 men then they need big buffs to recieved accuracy or allied infantry need nerfs.

I see more calls for buffs than calls for Brit/USF nerfs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★