Login

russian armor

Matchmaking Pickle

3 Nov 2015, 08:55 AM

So I have come to the conclusion that I will not play with randoms anymore. I know I'm only level 88 but my experience as a COH player is way beyond that and I'm constantly paired with people near my level that are sub par and the enemy team is always full of 100 Max Prestige players. I know level isn't everything but to be honest I manage to beat a maxed out player 2 out of 10 times I play them if I'm playing with randoms. Is there any way to fix this or is matchmaking that bad and unbalanced like the rest of the game? I do have a lot of people I met on this game who play it but they never want to play and mostly play other games instead of COH most of the time. I really lost my desire to even play at all because of this.
3 Nov 2015, 09:16 AM

The matchmaking is pretty broken but once you get to higher ranks it gets a lot better, when you're starting to play teamgames you're always going to have bad teammates, even I have teammates under the 1st prestige while playing ostheer eventhough i'm rank 2 atm.

It's just how teamgames work and personally i'd rather play instead of wait in the que for 10-15 minutes to get a "balanced" match
3 Nov 2015, 09:20 AM

3 Nov 2015, 09:26 AM

3 Nov 2015, 09:28 AM

Your welcome! :)
3 Nov 2015, 09:30 AM

The matchmaking is pretty broken but once you get to higher ranks it gets a lot better, when you're starting to play teamgames you're always going to have bad teammates, even I have teammates under the 1st prestige while playing ostheer eventhough i'm rank 2 atm.

It's just how teamgames work and personally i'd rather play instead of wait in the que for 10-15 minutes to get a "balanced" match

I would play 1v1 but that's just not me. I don't like 1v1 scenarios (Unless it's a FPS game) in any video game because I'm strictly a team player and I'm only as good as my team is, but it's hard to work with people in COH2. I see people pick terrible commanders and make really bad decisions in their build order while I'm playing and when I call them out on it they just curse at me and call me a noob even though I'm right. I'd be alright if I was going up against people around my level because I'd clearly just shine through, but putting people on my team as the same level is a problem because although I'm an exception to the rank rule it doesn't apply to everyone.
3 Nov 2015, 09:36 AM

I would play 1v1 but that's just not me. I don't like 1v1 scenarios (Unless it's a FPS game) in any video game because I'm strictly a team player and I'm only as good as my team is, but it's hard to work with people in COH2. I see people pick terrible commanders and make really bad decisions in their build order while I'm playing and when I call them out on it they just curse at me and call me a noob even though I'm right. I'd be alright if I was going up against people around my level because I'd clearly just shine through, but putting people on my team as the same level is a problem because although I'm an exception to the rank rule it doesn't apply to everyone.

You're just going to have to cope with people doing "bad" build orders, there's more than one or two build orders to play with, this game is not too strict, or perhaps they're trying something new etc..

And most of the times when you see a terrible commander the thing is that he might like playing with it, or he doesn't own any better commanders, (of course if he picks something like German Infantry Doc the player is trolling or just plain dumb :snfPeter: ) and for many of the Non-meta commanders there's a lot of cheesy or just simply good builds to do.

3 Nov 2015, 09:44 AM

You're just going to have to cope with people doing "bad" build orders, there's more than one or two build orders to play with, this game is not too strict, or perhaps they're trying something new etc..

And most of the times when you see a terrible commander the thing is that he might like playing with it, or he doesn't own any better commanders, (of course if he picks something like German Infantry Doc the player is trolling or just plain dumb :snfPeter: ) and for many of the Non-meta commanders there's a lot of cheesy or just simply good builds to do.

For example I played a game on Montherme earlier with my friend I know in rl and a random. I played Brits and the kid played USF along with my friend playing USF. Now I struggled on my side mainly because I got my least favorite part of the map and I had someone blobbing me the entire time. To make matters worse, because the random guy couldn't secure his side, I had his enemy coming over to help my opponent making it even more difficult to push him. So I decided to see what the problem was and I noticed that he was running straight into the enemy bunkers with a rifle blob, among the rifle blob was a Major with a bazooka, and all he had were 2 ATs and an MG facing his enemy where he dug in. So instead of making Pak Howies like a normal player to dislodge the Ostheer bunkers, he just decided to sit there in front of it and stare at it the entire duration of the game instead of even bothering to contest it. We ended up losing due to lack of defense and once again the random called me a noob regardless of how bad he played.
3 Nov 2015, 10:26 AM

Play at least 10 games in your preferred game mode. Matchmaking doesn't work properly before that.
Also prestige means nothing, I've seen players with full prestige that played like complete noobs because they wasted their time playing the same faction in 3vs3 exclusively. You can run Celo, so that you see the ranks of your opponents, so they don't intimidate you with their stars.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★