Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing Needs a SFX Buff/Fix

2 Nov 2015, 00:13 AM
Developer Relic Badge

For being the M26 Pershing, I expected its gun to be a bit more powerful.

Currently it sounds like the Pershing is using the Sherman Dozer 105mm for the main gun when it should sound much closer to the M36 Jackson which has a pretty epic SFX. It may get a little confusing as to what's shooting at you, but it could just be slightly more dulled/without the mechanisms working like how the 88mm works for the Elephant versus Pak 43.

Not only that, but the Pershing should have a unique voice or at least hire an actor to do voicelines for USF heavy armour if there are ever more plans. Heck, I would do it for Relic and for free if I had a good studio. Since I live in the same city as the studio I should record all the stuff and drop it off at their front desk :P

Miragefla's example of the Pershing:

Also its MGs are currently MG34s and not .30cals that needs to be fixed
2 Nov 2015, 01:36 AM
2 Nov 2015, 03:51 AM
Patrion 27

+1 and good luck :snfQuinn:
2 Nov 2015, 05:33 AM
Donator 11

I wouldnt mind getting a different voice. hard to tell what it would sound like with out all the static and radio additions to it but I hope Relic sees this.
2 Nov 2015, 07:01 AM

+1. Jackson's SFX is fantastic and it would suit Pershing better.
2 Nov 2015, 07:31 AM

For some reason, a US-crewed StuG III has many unique voice lines not heard in any other vehicle. I originally assumed these were intended for the Pershing, since they refer to a large vehicle ("Don't throw any tracks!" and "Alright, nice and easy...let's go!") with a particularly unreliable transmission ("Easy on the transmission this time!").

I think that if they're not going to bother recording new voice lines for the Pershing, they may as well use these, if only because you hardly ever hear them. You can listen to them yourself by using the Cheatcommand mod, and spawning in a StuG while playing as USF.
2 Nov 2015, 08:20 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I wouldnt mind getting a different voice. hard to tell what it would sound like with out all the static and radio additions to it but I hope Relic sees this.

Well the radio does a lot. I didn't realize that the Ostheer medium tanks was also that Ostheer soldiers who knows about that girl "who can do it standing on her head" or "New guys stay on my ass!".

I tried to do some minor radio effects through editing, but it didn't turn out that well. You can sort of hear it in the first line.

2 Nov 2015, 11:02 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Will get Relic's attention on this :P
2 Nov 2015, 11:19 AM
Patrion 14

Fun fact: Yesterday I played a Custom 1v1 with a friend. I had a Jackson. He didnt see it, but it fired once. He thought it was a Pershing.
2 Nov 2015, 12:38 PM
Donator 33

Miragefla´s voice is 100X Times better for Pershing, than what we have now, Relic you should hire this guy, just like you allowed COH 1 players to insert random unit quotes as "lines" to the game when COH 2 launched (Roses are red, Violets are blue, im stuck on the Eastern front, and so are F*king you!, By: HelpingHans)
2 Nov 2015, 13:13 PM

For being the M26 Pershing, I expected its gun to be a bit more powerful.

Currently it sounds like the Pershing is using the Sherman Dozer 105mm for the main gun when it should sound much closer to the M36 Jackson which has a pretty epic SFX. It may get a little confusing as to what's shooting at you, but it could just be slightly more dulled/without the mechanisms working like how the 88mm works for the Elephant versus Pak 43.

Not only that, but the Pershing should have a unique voice or at least hire an actor to do voicelines for USF heavy armour if there are ever more plans. Heck, I would do it for Relic and for free if I had a good studio. Since I live in the same city as the studio I should record all the stuff and drop it off at their front desk :P

Miragefla's example of the Pershing:

Also its MGs are currently MG34s and not .30cals that needs to be fixed

cool video and i agree,the m26 pershing doesnt sound unique.

2 Nov 2015, 13:21 PM

cool video and i agree,the m26 pershing doesnt sound unique.

The point beeing...?
I don't think Pershing needs a buff, use it like a Tiger (remember?) meaning with support.

What people wanted anyway? A tank that looks cool and single handed kill all units of axis' opponent? But we have this in game. It's called churchill.
2 Nov 2015, 13:44 PM
Benefactor 115

The point beeing...?
I don't think Pershing needs a buff, use it like a Tiger (remember?) meaning with support.

What people wanted anyway? A tank that looks cool and single handed kill all units of axis' opponent? But we have this in game. It's called churchill.

You do know that this thread is about 'buffing' Pershing's sound assets, right?
2 Nov 2015, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 13:44 PMKisiel

Of course I...didn't. Yeah, nevermind.
2 Nov 2015, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 13:44 PMKisiel

He is local Axis Troll, Ignore him.
2 Nov 2015, 15:42 PM

Bro, that gave me goosebumps. That is sick. Good work haha. It would be cool to have a southern accent for the tank. Different regions of the US for units. Like how UK is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 11
France 1
New Zealand 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %