Login

russian armor

Pershing & Rangers Speech Audio is Bland

1 Nov 2015, 18:24 PM

They can't.

There's a lot more legal entanglement here than y'all understand.

When Dawn of War 2 retribution came out, they had to re-record dialogue for every single unit. They weren't able to use any voices from the original release or the first expansion. I forget why they had to do it, I believe it had something to do with the game beng a standalone release that was utilizing steamworks rather than GFWL.

There's also the matter of budget. An expansion like Brits will get far more resources allocated to it than commander DLC.

Commanders cost more than the dlc of vcoh lol.
1 Nov 2015, 18:36 PM
Donator 11

Commanders may cost a lot but while most players own all multiplayer factions, lots of them bought only a few commanders or none at all. Commanders can be farmed or just dropped in game, factions cant. It is pretty obvious that expansion gives them more money than commander dlc.
1 Nov 2015, 18:44 PM

Commanders may cost a lot but while most players own all multiplayer factions, lots of them bought only a few commanders or none at all. Commanders can be farmed or just dropped in game, factions cant. It is pretty obvious that expansion gives them more money than commander dlc.

That's your assumption and you have no idea how many people buy commanders. There's a reason why in game cash transaction models are so successful. People spend thousands of dollars on cs reskins of weapons despite being able to obtain them.
1 Nov 2015, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

That's your assumption and you have no idea how many people buy commanders. There's a reason why in game cash transaction models are so successful. People spend thousands of dollars on cs reskins of weapons despite being able to obtain them.

Well, if this is the case then why okw and usf got their first additional commanders 1,5 a year after initial release? Why would relic make efford to implement brit faction if they could just make some new commanders using one new feature and mix of old ones in each, gaining more money?

Maybe its just me but I had all the factions on release and while I bought some commanders, all of it was on sale long after their release.
1 Nov 2015, 20:42 PM

Is it possible to get all Rangers quotes in video or something similar?
1 Nov 2015, 21:09 PM

The cost to the consumer is irrelevant. It's all about development resources. Most DLC like that is a couple of people. Maybe 1-2 artist, someone to implement it and then testing/balance.

An expansion is a much more sizable production.

Relic hasn't done a proper expansion since Retribution though. Everything is being cut out and sold individually and Ardennes assault was massively overpriced. Always felt lke Relic of old would have made Ardennes assault and WFA as one $50 expansion.

Wouldn't be surprised if a Brit campaign pops out for $60 tomorrow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★