Login

russian armor

Rangers feedback

1 Nov 2015, 03:02 AM

Hi all,
First of all, I am completely unaware of the "numbers" behind the Rangers; this is just my opinion...they seem somewhat underwhelming. For a squad that costs 400 MP, and comes at 3 CP, I expected a bit more punch. They seem to die fairly easily, at least they did to fallschirmjaegers, a unit which , if I'm not mistaken, costs the same. Also, I seem to remember a description of them as being troops that specialize in marksmanship and demolitions. Yet, they are lacking in demo charges, and any special marksmanship related ability. At the very least, in order to fulfill their role as frontline shock troops, I'd like to see Fire Up. I'd also like the Thompsons to be free. Leave everything else as is, I guess, since they don't seem to have very many hit points....
1 Nov 2015, 03:13 AM

Theyre great when used properly. They are almost identical to paras stat wise. They just need some abilities other than a standard nade.
1 Nov 2015, 03:26 AM

ranger are awesome, they deal really good dmg and get fast vet :wub:
1 Nov 2015, 10:57 AM

Hi all,
First of all, I am completely unaware of the "numbers" behind the Rangers; this is just my opinion...they seem somewhat underwhelming. For a squad that costs 400 MP, and comes at 3 CP, I expected a bit more punch. They seem to die fairly easily, at least they did to fallschirmjaegers, a unit which , if I'm not mistaken, costs the same. Also, I seem to remember a description of them as being troops that specialize in marksmanship and demolitions. Yet, they are lacking in demo charges, and any special marksmanship related ability. At the very least, in order to fulfill their role as frontline shock troops, I'd like to see Fire Up. I'd also like the Thompsons to be free. Leave everything else as is, I guess, since they don't seem to have very many hit points....

+1
I donno why usF get all the shit stuf
i think rengers and pershing will get a buff soon
2 Nov 2015, 04:49 AM

Just a grenade as a special ability is pretty lame.
When there is an expectation that they will be something akin to the Fox company rangers in Ardenne Assault the delivery of the unit as is falls way short.

Currently the late arrival of the unit and the expense plus the extra munitions needed to upgrade to Tommys does nothing to prompt clicking the call in.

They do look neat rushing through a gap to waste gun crews tho.
2 Nov 2015, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2015, 10:57 AMbicho1

+1
I donno why usF get all the shit stuf
i think rengers and pershing will get a buff soon

Are you serious?

Both units are fine. Relic actually gave a balanced unit to us for once. USF are far far strong than OST and much stronger than OKW as of now (1v1). They get all the shit stuff? Like Easy 8, flame rifles, rangers, paratroops, Priests, and pershings right?
2 Nov 2015, 05:14 AM

im using rangers to great success every game. i even replace my riflemen lategame with rangers because they can fight axis vetted inf without having vet themself.
2 Nov 2015, 05:25 AM

They sucky if they are outnumbered, they are really really good if you can 1v1 squads or sneak up on them.

Seem fine to me
2 Nov 2015, 05:44 AM

Meh, they are just copypasted paratroopers with fewer skills but 0.8 rec accuracy.

They should get demos or something to atleast make them different from paras. Right now literally the only thing they can do is throw a grenade, while paratroopers can put a timed demo and get access to skills after weapon upgrades.

2bland4me
2 Nov 2015, 05:49 AM

Wot? They absolutely shred squads up close with Thompsons.. And they have 3x Inventory space. You can even equip them with a BAR (or 3 of them). They dish out serious damage m8.
2 Nov 2015, 05:58 AM

They are good, but bland.
2 Nov 2015, 06:05 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I think they are good but they need some kind of special ability. There is really no big difference between them and paras.
2 Nov 2015, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Nov 2015, 06:05 AMTobis
I think they are good but they need some kind of special ability. There is really no big difference between them and paras.

hm maybe that they are in a commander with a pershing and they fit very well in the commander because you got a great shock unit+ strong tank? + their grenade range is HUGE which makes mg's rather hard to use for the enemy
2 Nov 2015, 07:10 AM

They melt infantry from close range like no tomorrow. Better at this job than paras, no matter what figures say. This is my experience with them.
2 Nov 2015, 07:23 AM

They melt infantry from close range like no tomorrow. Better at this job than paras, no matter what figures say. This is my experience with them.

Anecdotal evidence > facts

2 Nov 2015, 07:45 AM

Anecdotal evidence > facts

fact: rangers are more durable-> they rarely lose a model while approaching->close quarter distance with 5 man alive->much dmg

just look at my playercard, i played almost all games with pershing commander, and im instantly rank 300 without even knowing how to play usf and when, what to tech while im sitting at 800 with my main faction. but im fine if u want buffs, so i can play usf a little bit more easier than it is now :'D

edit: the games i lost were versus top 10 players(theodosis for example) who just anally buttraped me in 10mins
2 Nov 2015, 07:51 AM

What about a thermite grenade for a special ability? Useful for destroying resource caches or destroying unmanned AT guns/mgs, while behind enemy lines.

I was actually reading about the rangers during their assault on Point Du Hoc and they used thermite grenades to destroy the German artillery pieces. M1941 LMGs would be sick as well.
2 Nov 2015, 08:05 AM

bla bla bla i am the best player

nerf usf pls

facts:

Paratroopers have 6 models which have the same weapons as the 5 rangers models.

(80/1)*6 = 480
(80/0.8)*5 = 500

If a squad takes enough damage for a ranger model kill, Paratroopers will also lose a model and another one will be mildly damaged, but they will still have better dps due to an extra model.

Paratroopers have MARGINALLY worse survivability vs small arms, and better against anything else due to more models.

Paratroopers and rangers use identical thompsons.

Paratroopers gain access to tactical assault with the thompson upgrade.

Paratroopers and rangers have identical veterancy buffs

Keep telling yourself that rangers have higher dps. Try spawning a thompson para squad next to a ranger thompson squad and see who wins.

2 Nov 2015, 08:15 AM

facts:

Paratroopers have 6 models which have the same weapons as the 5 rangers models.

(80/1)*6 = 480
(80/0.8)*5 = 500

If a squad takes enough damage for a ranger model kill, Paratroopers will also lose a model and another one will be mildly damaged, but they will still have better dps due to an extra model.

Paratroopers have MARGINALLY worse survivability vs small arms, and better against anything else due to more models.

Paratroopers and rangers use identical thompsons.

Paratroopers gain access to tactical assault with the thompson upgrade.

Paratroopers and rangers have identical veterancy buffs

Keep telling yourself that rangers have higher dps. Try spawning a thompson para squad next to a ranger thompson squad and see who wins.

sure i said im the best player while admitting im on a shitty 800/700/300 rank. atleast i have a playercard so someone can validate what im saying. and no i dont want rangers to be nerfed, wtf where do you pull that out? im even fine with buffs, last time i played axis is days ago, allys are just more fun (like the rest of the community if u watch automatch distribution or check stats on coh2charts)
2 Nov 2015, 08:15 AM
Patrion 14

They're pretty meh to me, they feel low budget. They lack a specific role, USF is like a giant support army, every unit serves a role and helps each other. Arguable the pershing has a role of a damage sponge but when you think about, how do rangers help in anyway? Riflemen have exactly the same role but less damage up close but more at far range. They even get the at nade and smoke, they are much more versatile.

Rangers don't have anything compared to other units the USF has. Perhaps sprint at vet 1 would be nice, so it'll be a flanking unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 28
Russian Federation 72
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak