Login

russian armor

Reasons why grenades get cancelled?

30 Oct 2015, 07:26 AM

Something has been annoying me for a while and I still can't quite figure out what is going on. It's an old issue that I had figured out, but forgot again during my break a year or so ago.

The problem is this: I order a unit to throw a nade, continues to micro other stuff and starts wondering 'wth are they not throwing yet?'

I go back, checking the unit and find that there is no cool down on the grenade although the target is in range. I.e. the nade toss was somehow cancelled. My question is: why?

I can't figure out what is happening here. All I can see is that my rifle units keep ending up in dangerous positions, getting ripped apart by LMG or HMG where they should have been nading.

Is there such a thing as a short-key that cancels nades? I don't use a key for the nade toss itself - I use the mouse.
30 Oct 2015, 08:08 AM
Patrion 28

when thrown uphill they just wont use the nade if the hill is steep eough. some abilities like the USF AT nade also take forever to trigger. i've also had an issue recently where units that normally don't have issues throwing grenades take forever to do so, kind of like the USF AT nade but with things like molotovs.
30 Oct 2015, 10:23 AM

I've noticed that if soldier that was "thrower" have started to reload his weapon - he won't throw it until he finished reloading.
I had significant delays with throwing, which sometimes leads to squad loss if I got too greedy.

30 Oct 2015, 10:48 AM

I've noticed that if soldier that was "thrower" have started to reload his weapon - he won't throw it until he finished reloading.
I had significant delays with throwing, which sometimes leads to squad loss if I got too greedy.

Good observation, but in mycases, the nade never gets thrown. So it's notlikely the reloading.

Question: if the guy throwing the nade gets killed before he throws it, does the nade toss get cancelled?
30 Oct 2015, 11:11 AM

Good observation, but in mycases, the nade never gets thrown. So it's notlikely the reloading.

In case of AT nades - maybe it happens when soldier finishes reloading when target already far outside range?

Question: if the guy throwing the nade gets killed before he throws it, does the nade toss get cancelled?

No, next guy starts tries to get into throwing range and then starts throwing animation.

Just as example of reloading feature:
That single conscript was ordered to throw AT nade at ~1:05 time mark.
He stops moving as he in range of throw, but also starts to reload and then just got killed by hull MG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_7Aq7pftLg&t=57
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 55
unknown 17
Germany 16
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L