Login

russian armor

OKW :Faction design Failure

29 Oct 2015, 17:21 PM

Buff Sturms vet, swap the kubel with the MG34, make the puma/flak HT cheaper, give T3 tommy healing for sturms while slightly increasing the tech cost.

Basically make T3 viable to buff their crap early/mid game. I'm fine with volks being fodder but at the moment they have zero supporting units apart from the leig to make them effective.

t.l33t proski OKW player

29 Oct 2015, 18:03 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW is currently, in my opinion, the least playable faction. Not even because of balance, but because of overall fun.

And unfortunately the upcoming new commander tries to emphasize what OKW is all about: Infantry spam.

Of all factions this one needs the biggest redesign in my opinion.

Fuel and ammo penalty should be removed. Schrecks on Volks are a stupid idea. Obersoldaten are in an odd place to say the least. Kübelwagen was a horrible idea to begin with.

With all the attention the allied side recently got (new faction, new >useful< units) Id love to see the OKW fundamentally changed.
29 Oct 2015, 23:58 PM

I have never understood this whole vet 5 and resoruce penalty system. If you are messing with basic game's assumptions, it will never work.

• 100% income
  • vet 3
  • caches
  • more expensive teching and upgrades (starting fuel 10, Med HQ 50F, Mech HQ 70F, Schwerer HQ 120F)
  • no more locking down with schwerer (change flak for MG or some crapy AT gun a ka M42)
  • JPIV moved to Mech HQ
  • Luchs moved to Mech HQ
  • Stuka moved do Schwerer HQ
  • 251/17 moved to Med HQ
  • need to tech all HQs (with 100% income and caches 11min Panther aint fun), Volks are able to equip PzSchreck or MP44.

Hey guys, I saw you had a unique, well designed faction here that has a ton of depth. I came to fuck it up.

Hat
30 Oct 2015, 00:49 AM

Why are you guys complaining about the walking Stuka? Its fantastic.
30 Oct 2015, 00:52 AM

Obers with Stg44s are still really good, and the Special Operations doctrine is pretty good.
30 Oct 2015, 01:21 AM

Honestly, remove IR half track from Med HQ and give them Panzerjager.

Now make their basic infantry G41 equipped Panzerfusilier(model),keeping incendiary made but going to 4 man size. Make them equivalent to Stormtroopers in recieved acc.

Make Kubel starting unit, allow it to decapture points, make suppression cost munis.

Put IR half track in breakthrough(recon! Same role Pfusies are meant to be) and put Volks in fortifications, spec ops, and scavenge.
30 Oct 2015, 04:33 AM

They are, beyond a doubt, the worst-designed faction in the game right now. Probably not worse than CoH1 Brits, but close.

What can be done about that? Absolutely no idea.
30 Oct 2015, 09:21 AM

OKW can't continue like this..relic really needs to act.'Theme' went too much into their heads.
30 Oct 2015, 17:02 PM

Honestly, remove IR half track from Med HQ and give them Panzerjager.

Now make their basic infantry G41 equipped Panzerfusilier(model),keeping incendiary made but going to 4 man size. Make them equivalent to Stormtroopers in recieved acc.

Make Kubel starting unit, allow it to decapture points, make suppression cost munis.

Put IR half track in breakthrough(recon! Same role Pfusies are meant to be) and put Volks in fortifications, spec ops, and scavenge.

Wow...interesting, but could work.

Austerlitz, you are right...okw is mission impossible now and badly designed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★