Login

russian armor

Inaccurate long range artillery units. your thoughts?

29 Oct 2015, 11:47 AM

Accurate small artillery like mortar, ISG and pack howitzer play their role, but inaccurate long range artillery units like sexton underperform for their cost(almost 2 times more expensive than small one. almost same with medium tanks). They have too long cooltime(60~90s) but not enough fire power. They have huge scatter(especially vertically) but have not enough area damage radius. They have no auto-attack so they should be more devastating when using long cooltime artillery ability.

Conclusion is that one more tank is more efficient and stable for every situation I can imagine, or just 2 mortar is better to all situation than big artillery(Two mortars can concentrate one target for firepower or diffuse power in some of situation. and they have auto-attack!).

what's your thoughts?

edit- mortar has strange modifier to building so they have 2x damage to building, but long range artillery units don't have this damage modifier like mortar.
29 Oct 2015, 14:06 PM

Priest is really good, Sexton is really bad.
29 Oct 2015, 14:07 PM

Sexton is the one that's currently the big loser of them all. It could be buffed so it becomes better.
29 Oct 2015, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 14:06 PMBlalord
Priest is really good, Sexton is really bad.

I think two pack howitzer is better than priest. they have auto-attack ,suppression and good firepower together. priest underperform and sexton is worse than mortar right now.
29 Oct 2015, 14:45 PM
Donator 11

I think two pack howitzer is better than priest. they have auto-attack ,suppression and good firepower together. priest underperform and sexton is worse than mortar right now.

2 pack howitzers are better but:
1. They are getting nerfed this patch as they are OP
2. They are much more expensive and take more popcap than a priest, 2 pack howitzers cost the same as tiger ace!
29 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

2 pack howitzers are better but:
1. They are getting nerfed this patch as they are OP
2. They are much more expensive and take more popcap than a priest, 2 pack howitzers cost the same as tiger ace!

-> priest costs 480 mp 115 fuel. almost same with 2 packs(760 mp). I concede that 2 packs are expensive.
you can just compare performance of priest and 2 mortars(480).
29 Oct 2015, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

-> priest costs 480 mp 115 fuel. almost same with 2 packs(760 mp). I concede that 2 packs are expensive.
you can just compare performance of priest and 2 mortars(480).

Mortars neither can move quickly nor they can shoot on long enough range to hit bases or fortified positions supported by LeIGs or stukas. Priest can shoot, kill all LeIGs, damage stukas and okw trucks, then run without taking damage and hop out the crew for less upkeep and repairs while reloading. Mortar has to stand still for a long time, it can be killed with one stuka salvo and captured by enemy, if flanked, it has to run to base, reinforce costly, and come back to the field and it takes a lot of time in larger games. Its also much easier to preserve vet in priest case.
29 Oct 2015, 16:06 PM

Mortars neither can move quickly nor they can shoot on long enough range to hit bases or fortified positions supported by LeIGs or stukas. Priest can shoot, kill all LeIGs, damage stukas and okw trucks, then run without taking damage and hop out the crew for less upkeep and repairs while reloading. Mortar has to stand still for a long time, it can be killed with one stuka salvo and captured by enemy, if flanked, it has to run to base, reinforce costly, and come back to the field and it takes a lot of time in larger games. Its also much easier to preserve vet in priest case.

it's not easy to get Leig kill with big arty. because they can easily move. arty can be good to defensive structure. and that's all. it has too long cooltime. it would be good if they have half of the firing shells and half of the cooltime.
29 Oct 2015, 16:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Hard to balance heavy artillery because if they too good then all people do is build artillery that rain down on you all game and theres nothing you can do about it. There's nothing you can do about surprise easy wipe crap. Just look at isg and pack howitzer. I vote to keep artillery bad.
29 Oct 2015, 18:11 PM

Hard to balance heavy artillery because if they too good then all people do is build artillery that rain down on you all game and theres nothing you can do about it. There's nothing you can do about surprise easy wipe crap. Just look at isg and pack howitzer. I vote to keep artillery bad.

All strategic choices must have weakness and strongpoint. they must be like rock-paper-scissors. BS must be gone.
29 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I'd rather the game be about unit positioning. Not who amasses the most artillery and turtles up. This isn't real life. Artillery wars or spam is fucking stupid
29 Oct 2015, 20:09 PM

Sexton is so bad I consider it bugged
29 Oct 2015, 20:14 PM

Permanently Banned
At most, id suggest making sexton a priest clone, and make artillery emplacements 500 mp. Nothing more.
30 Oct 2015, 08:30 AM

At most, id suggest making sexton a priest clone, and make artillery emplacements 500 mp. Nothing more.
yes i want this.
30 Oct 2015, 17:22 PM

I'd rather the game be about unit positioning. Not who amasses the most artillery and turtles up. This isn't real life. Artillery wars or spam is fucking stupid

artillery is what punishes turtling....if you are always on the move then field artillery barrage pieces are almost worthless...if you turtle you present a ripe target for said field artillery. The only time artillery leads to turtling is if one side gets no arty of their own either off map or on map and therefore teh opposing side can build massive batteries of rocket launchers/mortars/field artillery and the only threat is an enemy break through. I'm not saying make all artillery better but it is a great element of gameplay that punishes campy players and is so rewarding when you hit blobs
3 Nov 2015, 17:29 PM

artillery is what punishes turtling....if you are always on the move then field artillery barrage pieces are almost worthless...if you turtle you present a ripe target for said field artillery. The only time artillery leads to turtling is if one side gets no arty of their own either off map or on map and therefore teh opposing side can build massive batteries of rocket launchers/mortars/field artillery and the only threat is an enemy break through. I'm not saying make all artillery better but it is a great element of gameplay that punishes campy players and is so rewarding when you hit blobs
Great. I want to say like you. i am not fluent in English. Sexton doesn't provide that thing currently.
3 Nov 2015, 19:13 PM

sexton needs a buff, its pretty weak. shells can land on a model head without doing serious damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★