Login

russian armor

Vet threshold; AVRE 45 KIA + panther and no vet 3

28 Oct 2015, 03:47 AM

This is simply taken from my post when I created the replay

This game has a problem with some units being ridiculously easy to vet up regardless of the targets they are facing and some units needing to kill lots of units to even sniff late level veterancy. Obviously a heavy like an AVRE shouldn't be easy to vet up as it deals massive damage (albeit the mortar shell is very slow and has a long reload time) but in this game I got 45 total kills (1 was a panther) and I also did base building damage to OKW/Ost which isn't reflected in the kill count. At the 43:50 mark I get a nice shot off on 2 panthers side by side and do about 1/4 of full hp damage to each one. At 47:00 mark I take out 2 entire vetted PG squads with schrecks and that almost gets me to vet 3 but I'm still sitting there with about 15% to go. To recap, other than one blast that killed 9 volks, all my targets were high value infantry, tanks and base buildings.

There are other units, but this is the most recent that I have come across where you should have a chance to get and use highest levels of veterancy without having to kill for 20 minutes. Most games will be over before then and it makes highest levels of vet almost pointless except for 1 hour long slog team matches. This situation is exacerbated in 1v1 and 2v2 matches where there are less targets around per square meter of the battlefield and less carnage per player overall.

I don't think the AVRE is at an insanely high vet threshold but I do think a 15-20% tweak would be very welcome along with a look at each unit on every faction.

Is there any talk from Relic at looking at vet thresholds on all units...I know AVRE isn't nearly the worst.
28 Oct 2015, 04:13 AM

Permanently Banned
Thank you, someone else finally notices. Why do chruchills and other british tanks vet up like a volks squad with 2 panzerschrecks.
28 Oct 2015, 05:46 AM
Patrion 28

churchills probably vet fast because of the low fuel requirements. fireflys i would guess vet fast from dealing shit tons of damage.
28 Oct 2015, 05:48 AM

firefly will always vet up fast lol, those tulips fuck stuff up. Churchill? I think its requirements are low.
28 Oct 2015, 06:06 AM

I actually think 45 kills and not vet 3 is a little sad considering the targets I was killing. If it was mostly Volks and Ostruppen then I would not complain about vet gain. I watched every shot fired in the game to make that recap and Volks were only once a target
28 Oct 2015, 06:41 AM

It's a problem, that lelic still haven't fixed
28 Oct 2015, 07:25 AM

Permanently Banned
Ive gotten crocodiles to vet 3 with only 20 infantry kills. Yet it requires 60 kills with a brummbar to get even close to vet 3. Lol what a joke, lelic might as well have these units spawn at vet3.

Like this kind of thing is stupid, either lelic purposefully releases these new units like this. Completely exempt from what other units in other factions have to achieve to reach the same status, or they are just incompetent as always and don't check or compare for shit when they are programming. Things like this and snipers released not being able to miss squads, and many others is just...rofl lmao, just so stupid. Its like they think people won't notice, just like all the ninja changes we always find? How about some consistency lelic? We shouldn't have to make threads about stupid shit like this. Idiots. Whats next, what other bullshit that should be common sense do we have to point out? Rangers releasing with double received accuracy buffs when retreating? Pershing being able to self repair while moving and shooting? Sturmpioneer flamethrower having old crit system? Things like that. Lol. Quit trying to pull one out on the community, it gives me a headache.
28 Oct 2015, 10:03 AM
Patrion 14

Vet requirements on british tanks can be considered game breaking if they are too low. As vet 3 for churchills pretty much stops any snare from crippling them.

Add to that, the last time I used a comet I also had this funny feeling it was vetting up faster than a panther or panzer IV. Even my sherman doesn't get vet as fast as a comet does and it's supposed to be cheaper in the fuel department.

Remember when paks had to be adjusted because they were instantly getting to vet 3 after 3 pak shots? Same thing needs to be done with the british tanks.
28 Oct 2015, 11:11 AM

Soviet vehicles get vet too slowly and their vet is often bad.
Brit armor gets vet quickly, but it it not very good (comet vet 3 has faster movement, more accuracy and auto 3 sec fuse nades. not much compared to Panther vet3)
All light vehicles (especially kubel) should be faster to vet up.
Infantry in general gets too much vet from AT.
Vehicle crew vet should be harder to get but more effective.
28 Oct 2015, 14:53 PM

Ive gotten crocodiles to vet 3 with only 20 infantry kills. Yet it requires 60 kills with a brummbar to get even close to vet 3. Lol what a joke, lelic might as well have these units spawn at vet3.

Like this kind of thing is stupid, either lelic purposefully releases these new units like this. Completely exempt from what other units in other factions have to achieve to reach the same status, or they are just incompetent as always and don't check or compare for shit when they are programming. Things like this and snipers released not being able to miss squads, and many others is just...rofl lmao, just so stupid. Its like they think people won't notice, just like all the ninja changes we always find? How about some consistency lelic? We shouldn't have to make threads about stupid shit like this. Idiots. Whats next, what other bullshit that should be common sense do we have to point out? Rangers releasing with double received accuracy buffs when retreating? Pershing being able to self repair while moving and shooting? Sturmpioneer flamethrower having old crit system? Things like that. Lol. Quit trying to pull one out on the community, it gives me a headache.

Definitely agree with you there. I don't have any valid replays since the patch but I don't think I have ever gotten to Vet 3 with Brumbarr. Churchill crocodiles are more potent and have fast reload time so I think their vet requirement could actually go up but I stand by my position on AVRE as starting out it can only fire about 1x per minute and has a very slow easy to dodge shell unless you have static targets, damaged armor or you aren't paying attention
29 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM

Take a look at this: www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/v/22867189?t=26m50s it takes the Pershing 3 shots on the flamenpanzer Hetzer to reach vet 1 :rofl:
29 Oct 2015, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:11 AMMuxsus
Brit armor gets vet quickly, but it it not very good (comet vet 3 has faster movement, more accuracy and auto 3 sec fuse nades. not much compared to Panther vet3)
Infantry in general gets too much vet from AT.
Vehicle crew vet should be harder to get but more effective.

I disagree with comet vet beeing weak. No i wont explain how AmazIng the mobility vet in combination with the special pathing ( when do other factions get the same awesome vehicle pathing? !?!)
29 Oct 2015, 13:19 PM

I disagree with comet vet beeing weak. No i wont explain how AmazIng the mobility vet in combination with the special pathing ( when do other factions get the same awesome vehicle pathing? !?!)

Panther have all that amazing mobility AND bonus armor AND bonus hp.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 11:11 AMMuxsus

I can agree to that.
29 Oct 2015, 13:19 PM

Pwerfer also has ridiciulous low vet req compared to other similar units, and shermans have hetzer level of exp required to vet past vet 1
29 Oct 2015, 13:20 PM

this is a very big issue for okw their vet should be divided as if they have to reach vet 3 ( so same xp to reach vet as vet 3 ) and some of the okw units just take ages to reach even vet 3 many usf and ukf units just vet up too fast while soviets okw wher takes such a long time...its shows plain stupidity from relic parts well this issues is nothing compared to the mountain of issue this game has
29 Oct 2015, 13:24 PM

Pwerfer also has ridiciulous low vet req compared to other similar units

Not really, but its recent buff made it wipe whatever weapon team it shoots at, which leads to quick vet.
Something that Katy can only dream of with half-map scatter and extremely long and ineffective barrage you can simply walk away from.
29 Oct 2015, 13:28 PM

I would say all vet should be based on damage dealt (or, better, have damage dealt prevalent factor in vet formulas), not cost of vehicle other vehicle shotting at.

I hate to deal fuckton of damage to churchills with axis tanks to barely get 1/3 of vet lvl coz churchills cost so little and have so much hp.
29 Oct 2015, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 13:28 PMJadame!
I would say all vet should be based on damage dealt (or, better, have damage dealt prevalent factor in vet formulas), not cost of vehicle other vehicle shotting at.

I hate to deal fuckton of damage to churchills with axis tanks to barely get 1/3 of vet lvl coz churchills cost so little and have so much hp.

Vet is based on:
Cost of unit attacking
Cost of unit receiving
Damage dealt(75% value)
Damage received(25% value)
Vet of unit attacked(20% bonus for each vet star)

Model kill count is completely irrelevant for the vet, it only means how much attrition this particular unit caused.

Panthers will have harder time getting vet if they are fighting 100-150 fuel tanks then if you've used it against 180+ fuel ones.

OKW vet5 system allows them to have much better vet bonuses, but allied units shooting at 5 star squads will vet much faster as well, which is why its easier to vet crock churchill in late game on infantry.

If you want to vet quickly on churchills, simply use StuGs or JP4 as panther will not be most effective in both, getting vet or even being a reliable counter as its designed to fight high armor targets, not high hp ones.
29 Oct 2015, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 13:48 PMKatitof
Panthers will have harder time getting vet if they are fighting 100-150 fuel tanks then if you've used it against 180+ fuel ones.

Thanks for formulas, hoverer it still problem of large hp pool on top of low cost of churchills.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2015, 13:48 PMKatitof
If you want to vet quickly on churchills, simply use StuGs or JP4 as panther will not be most effective in both, getting vet or even being a reliable counter as its designed to fight high armor targets, not high hp ones.

Only panther i use with OKW is cp, however jp4 and cp for mark target spam have one of the best AT synergies in the game. Still, they take too much time vetting on churchills. Its just wrong.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 25
Germany 21
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak