Login

russian armor

Opposing team "drop hack" resolution?

26 Oct 2015, 21:01 PM

Can someone explain how this works? in a 4v4 AT game last week, we had won every game that night and then in a long slog game where one of our players was AFK for a few minutes at the start we managed to right the ship with 50 VP left to 200 VP for our opponent. Our left flank had a decisive engagement destroying most the british armor and right after that my barrage in center destroyed their 75mm howitzers + ambulance and scott and a couple seconds later we all got a sync error followed immediately by a defeat screen and then bug splat. There was no game text indicating anyone dropped either. I went to the ladder and it shows 0 disputes for our team (if this had been a normal dropping by the host shouldn't the game be a dispute?). My allies said this means it was an intentional drop by our opponents. The timing seems fishy being as it happened after we decisively turned the tide.

Because of crash I can't access replay but I did go to recently played list in Steam and wrote down the names of the opponents. With that, can Relic look into the game if I give them the approximate time? Any advice for what I should do if this happens again as well as how I can differentiate between a bug and a player caused crash.
26 Oct 2015, 21:40 PM
Donator 11

There is a bug that can sometimes cause sync errors when players leave. Most of the time when this happens tho it is a drop hack.
26 Oct 2015, 22:22 PM

You could have saved the game. The last played game is always temp.rec in the replay folder. One need simply change its name to save it permanently.
28 Oct 2015, 03:16 AM

You could have saved the game. The last played game is always temp.rec in the replay folder. One need simply change its name to save it permanently.

I didn't think to check since, are you sure even if it's a bug splat? Hopefully relic can still investigate it with what I sent.
28 Oct 2015, 04:49 AM

Upcoming patch notes:

"Games will no longer desync for the remaining users when one user quits the match"

Until then, I wouldn't worry about it.
28 Oct 2015, 05:32 AM

If you see desyncs after that patch Cyanara mentioned is released then its obviously a drop hacker or maybe a chance relic screwed up but if they fixed it they fixed it.
28 Oct 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 04:49 AMCyanara
Upcoming patch notes:

"Games will no longer desync for the remaining users when one user quits the match"

Until then, I wouldn't worry about it.

That's the patch on 29th?
29 Oct 2015, 06:15 AM

Correct. Not long now :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak