Login

russian armor

Community Map Spotlights

24 Oct 2015, 02:16 AM

I would really love to see more original maps making their way from the community into automatch, especially for 1v1. 5/13 maps are remakes from CoH1 and it is pretty stale imo. I can't even veto all of them anymore now that Sturzdorf is there.

Is there anywhere we can vote or recommend maps to Relic?
24 Oct 2015, 16:09 PM

I suggest we start a "Praise A Map" thread here on CoH2.org. The purpose of the thread will be for posters to extol the virtues of a map they like to play, and especially ones which can be used for competitive purposes.

This doesn't necessarily feed directly into Relic, but it might serve to raise the profile of new maps. Also, things like upvotes, recommendations and spotlights don't actually tell you WHY a map is good. I'm imagining posts that include screenshots of the layout and so forth, as lack of info on what a map actually contains can also cause it to be overlooked.

I'd love to see more maps make it into the tournament scene. And getting more maps into that scene will also offer motivation to mappers, rewarding their substantial efforts.
Only Relic postRelic 5 Nov 2015, 19:03 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I would really love to see more original maps making their way from the community into automatch, especially for 1v1. 5/13 maps are remakes from CoH1 and it is pretty stale imo. I can't even veto all of them anymore now that Sturzdorf is there.

Is there anywhere we can vote or recommend maps to Relic?

Hello, sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

I am trying to give the spotlight maps a fair amount of time in the limelight while also trying to keep it fresh, it's a fine balance.

I have my eyes on a lot of awesome community made maps and I'd love to see them added into the game at some point. If you see a community made map that you feel is great please create a thread for it and let me know. That way the map can be dissected and any issues brought to light before being considered for competitive play.

thanks!
5 Nov 2015, 19:59 PM
Senior Editor Badge

If you see a community made map that you feel is great please create a thread for it and let me know.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013879847/myworkshopfiles/?appid=231430
5 Nov 2015, 20:14 PM

Hello, sorry I didn't see this post earlier.

I am trying to give the spotlight maps a fair amount of time in the limelight while also trying to keep it fresh, it's a fine balance.

I have my eyes on a lot of awesome community made maps and I'd love to see them added into the game at some point. If you see a community made map that you feel is great please create a thread for it and let me know. That way the map can be dissected and any issues brought to light before being considered for competitive play.

thanks!

Please, please keep an eye out for competitive maps. Balanced ones.. :)
I don't want to sound rude but so many maps in the automatch are complete crap to play competitive games on.. :s. Would be cool if it was like 50% cool, good maps and 50% competitive ones :).

Thanks for reading the forums.!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 47
South Africa 1
Germany 21
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L