Login

russian armor

Do we need Coh2 expansion?

23 Oct 2015, 05:55 AM

For 2 years Coh 2 hasn’t been completed. So I want to fix it. I really want to play enjoyable Coh2. May be Coh2 expansion would be a answer for it.

Here’s my plan for the coh2 expansion.

ost
For the ost, I think they are most perfect faction in coh2. Yeah there are some balance issues but It is not serious cuz ost’s tech-tree is very stable. We can easily fix balance problem by buff or nerf or modifying cost. There is no need to change tech-tree or adding some units. However I think many ost player feel unhappy about infantry and battle phase. Therefore it would be great to change these things.

*Infantry.

Grenadier : need cost increase and buff

*Battel phase

Give some advantage for Battle pahses.

Battle phase 1 – medics

Battle phase 2 – Repair crew

Battle phase 3 – Nazi Officer.-Discuss it's ability later.

Dear relic
Ost is most balanced faction in the coh2. You can make commanders a lot without destroying game. In other words, U can make money without destroying game! Ost needs more commanders.

Soviet.

I think soviet is changed from the original concept. To deal with Nazi elite units, they have a number of reliable units. But before and even after soviet tech-tree overhaul, Soviet call-in meta haven’t changed. Why? Because Soviet non-doctrinal unit combination is not effective as call-in meta. This deficiency of basic harmony makes soviet player depend on call-in or somewhat op units. Adjusting some unit’s over performance is good thing and Fixing call-in meta is also good thing. However don’t forget the ultimate purpose of the overhaul. Actually making same win-rate is sub goal of the overhaul. Purpose of the over haul is to make more enjoyable game. I think relic tried to give versatility to soviet union but clearly it is failed. It just changes soviet’s first armor(t34 to t70 or t76). Still Su players are tied in call-in. As I said, defendant on call-in units came from the lack of the combination of non-doctrinal units. That is the only reason why soviet players are tied in call-in meta. There are two ways to fix this problem. First, Make soviet tech tree linear like Ost. Second, strengthening tech choice and giving stability in each tech. Honestly I prefer second one so I suggest second one.

*Soviet

Like old tech tree you can choose t1-t4 or t2-t3 or t4.

Starting fuel 40

T0 -no problem

T1 fuel 35

Sniper – just need to increase rate of fire.

M3 Scout car – fuel 10/ though cost is reduced, you have to gather 5 fuel point from the start just like now.

Penal – need 1PTRS as an option. I want to give T1 soft counter. For 222 or flak-half track. So they don’t have to choose guard or T2. But have to give up flame- thrower

T2 fuel 40

Don’t need to change before bug or balance problem.

T3 fuel 120 or 130

M5 Half-Track / fuel 20 – compensate tech-cost

t-70 / fuel 50 – same as luchs. –compensate tech cost. You can choose two t70 or just one t34. In the old tech tree, you can access t34 because it needs 30 more fuel to make t-34 comparing to t-70.

su-76 / fuel 70 – same as now

t-34 fuel / 100 – as it was

T4 =fuel 140 – T4 should have more cost than T3 as they provide more advanced armor.

t-70 / fuel 50 – I think t-70 takes same role as 222 or luchs.

KV-1 / fuel 140 – Cost increase is needed because they need more health it actually feels like mini Churchill.

Su-85 / fuel 120 – As it is.

 Dear Axis player. Yes it is buff for Soviet. To balance with it, cost modification of the ost’s structure and tech up will be needed. My goal is giving player’s lots of strategic option. Not fuck up the axis player. I love to play ost even if I play ally most of the time (cuz my teammate hate to play Axis but my Axis ranking is higher than ally:) I believe perfection of Soviet basic army makes more accessibility to tactics and unit combination which don’t contain call-in units like KV-8, T-34/85 and so on.

*USF

Someone said that Usf is horribly designed and I agree with him. In my opinion, it has more serious problems than soviet. But powerfulness of USF set off this problem by giving victory to USF players. However compare to soviet. At least soviet use more variety commanders and has variety early tactics. So I want to restructure the USF Tech tree. Like British forces, USF can tech up in the base but they need to build officer to get additional units in the tier.

USF Starting fuel 15

T0
Rear Echelon Troops
Rifleman
WC51 30cal / fuel 10 – WC51 is positioned in same position of universal carrier and it can be upgraded to 50cal with 60 munitions.
=====================================
T1 upgrade/ manpower 100 fuel 20
Access to 50cal
Access to Lieutenant
Lieutenant- fuel 30
Access to Pack howitzer
Access to AA-Half Track
*M20 swaps it’s position with WC51.
T2 upgrade/ fuel 40
Access to 57mm ATG
Access to Captain
Captain/ fuel 30
Access to M5A1 Stuart
Access to M8A1 Howitzer Motor Carriage
T3 Upgrade- Require T1 or T2 / fuel 90
Access to M4A3 Sherman
Access to Major
Captain/Fuel 30
Access to M36 Jackson
Access to Advanced Sherman (calliope, crocodile etc…)

I put down fuel points on the board but that is not the point. The point is splitting tech cost between structure and Officers. Is it going to be an enjoyable?

*Dear relic

Expansion pack may can solve both money issues and a turmoil. And it can reset the mess of the war spoils and commanders. U can erase all the commanders for the overhaul except dlc commanders. I know it is pretty dangerous for your company but company of heroes 2 is gonna die if u keep shake by fanboys.As i said erasing the defendant on commanders is key point to revive Coh2. After that u can release various stuff freely without any rage from the players.
23 Oct 2015, 06:14 AM

I like the idea(even though it has some problems), but i doubt that Relic would even consider making changes as drastic as these. They've been unwilling to make structural changes to the game, despite of communitys demand since the beginning(except the recent soviet tech overhaul, that nobody even tough about).
+ people less dependent on commander call ins = less money for Sega/Relic
23 Oct 2015, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 06:14 AMxSakox
I like the idea(even though it has some problems), but i doubt that Relic would even consider making changes as drastic as these. They've been unwilling to make structural changes to the game, despite of communitys demand since the beginning(except the recent soviet tech overhaul, that nobody even tough about).
+ people less dependent on commander call ins = less money for Sega/Relic

Yeah I agree with you. I think they are chasing little money. Coh2 has potential to become number one RTS in the world. It can beat Star craft 2. I really hope coh 2 become a e sports game. (then I won't be able to get in top 500 players. well that is fine with me.)
23 Oct 2015, 06:51 AM

Hi,
That is a very nice wishlist indeed. You seems to have a clear idea of what seems to be best for the game but i'd be glad to see the numbers behind your ideas. That could be very helpful to reinforce your argumentation.
Of course there isn't even a chance that what you ask will happen, but what i suggest you is to MOD it so that we can test your ideas and transform it into experience.
By the way what you posted isn't really an expansion. Usually an expansion add something to the game, maps, army, units, etc. What you proposed was more a big balance patch.
On a personnal taste, most of the balance changes you proposes leaves me cold as i fail to see what was broken in the first place.
With the exception of the inclusion of the KV-1 in the soviet T4. I admit this one surprised me and made me consider the option.

Kozo
23 Oct 2015, 08:46 AM

So, no changes for OKW, they are in a perfect state. I see.
23 Oct 2015, 08:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 08:46 AMJohnnyB
So, no changes for OKW, they are in a perfect state. I see.

I need some time to think about it. Honestly I didn't buy okw cuz their blob style. may be I should buy it to test.
23 Oct 2015, 14:16 PM

I need some time to think about it. Honestly I didn't buy okw cuz their blob style. may be I should buy it to test.

Precise what you mean by "blob style" please, and why okw is blobbier than other faction.

So basically you are making a revamp of the whole balance, techtree, costs and all but you have played with only 3/4 of the game? :/

I am not questioning the rightness of your analysis but its fundation. I'd like to see the number behind your argumentation.
24 Oct 2015, 01:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2015, 14:16 PMKozokus

Precise what you mean by "blob style" please, and why okw is blobbier than other faction.

So basically you are making a revamp of the whole balance, techtree, costs and all but you have played with only 3/4 of the game? :/

I am not questioning the rightness of your analysis but its fundation. I'd like to see the number behind your argumentation.

hmmm. Sorry to disappoint you. Even if i did't buy western frontier,i have tons of chances to play usf. (but haven't played much okw)and most of my analysis came from the ocf. Top player's game play shows more better view from the game.
About Okw, the reason they blob volks is volks are the core unit for anti-infantry and anti-tank. And I think It is not my groud to change design of the basic unit. Furthermore OKW tech tree seems to be fine with me. At least it gives player various options. consquently, If we don't change the design of the volks and strumpio, we would't have chance to overhaul the OKW. So I suggest one example of the OKW overhaul. I changed tier-up advantages.

*OKW

t0 Volks- access to mp40 and medic kit

t1 Volks - access to panzer faust
Strumpio - access to flame-thrower

t2 Volks - access to grenade
Strumpio - access to two panzershreck

Changing upgrade option of the OKW gives them more flexibility. With mp40 they can do close range battle. Splitting and franking is more attractive strategy for them. panzer faust increase their defense ability to armor. Two panzershrecks for pio increase offense ability to armor and it combines well with armor because they can repair vehicle
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★