Login

russian armor

T2-4 Shock Strategy

23 Jun 2013, 05:07 AM

Knowing that whatever specific strategies we work out will be destroyed by balance changes when the game releases, I've been trying to work out more general ideas on how to fit supplementary units in a build strategy, etc., and here's one idea.

It's based around a basic conscript opening of whatever variety you wish. The general idea is three or four conscripts, and possible Molotovs, AT grenades, and the medic upgrade. How much fuel you spend here is based on how fast you feel you need to get to T2 for AT guns. Note that in this strategy, out-teching your opponent doesn't give a massive advantage like it does with others.

Continuing with T2, you have have reliable AT and infantry based AI. When T4 is build, you enhance those abilities with artillery, SU-85s, and my favorite, the SU-76. With those, you have potent AT and infantry and artillery-based AI.

Now for the choice of commander. My philosophy is to determine a basic strategy, and then choose the commander that best supplements it. There are two weaknesses I've identified so far: the lack of early AT (excepting AT grenades) and THERE ARE NO TANKS. While the AT gap could be filled by Guard Rifles, I feel that the AT gun comes out soon enough to counter scout cars, flamer halftracks, and Stugs. The more pressing weakness is the lack of an AI vehicle, which the KV-8 fills admirably. Additionally, it can "tank" for your more fragile AT guns and SU-76s. When you add in the AT gun camo and shock troops, it makes Shock the clear choice.

A few random notes/weaknesses:

This is a very munitions-heavy, fuel-light strategy.

This strategy lacks "shock units." Excepting the KV-8 and IS-2, it has no armored units that can really push. I'm more of a defensive player, so this suits me.

This build has a lack of mobility. It's essential to control the center, so you can react timely to the edges.

Anyway, I wanted to put this out there for feedback. Try it out, and let me know what you think.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS