Login

russian armor

Katysha opinion (Buff,nerfs,changes)

20 Oct 2015, 13:38 PM

The Kat is not in a good place right now and this has been the case for a long time. While the ML-20 overperformed and the werfer underperformed it was ignore-able.

Currently, it fails to be an area of denial weapon (which is the stated goal). Even in 4v4's I have had Kats not get more than 25 kills after 30 minutes of game play because of the low AoE which results in few kills on first hit and then instant retreat leaving the Kat firing at dirt. The Werfer and Stuka by contrast deliver their payload all at once making it deadly.

There are many potential ways to buff the Kat but it definitely needs a buff.
20 Oct 2015, 13:42 PM

Kats missiles are now more scattered, we don't need another nerf.
20 Oct 2015, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 13:30 PMTAKTCOM

Brits Release Ninjas
Nerfed:
...Katyusha...(reduced aoe damage modifiers)
http://www.coh2.org/topic/39437/brits-release-ninjas/page/1#post_id385911

So it was nerfed on 3rd sept. Fine, at least I'm not mad.
Btw, Pwerfer got buffed on 17th Sept by resulting in more damage on aoe profile and less scatter.

20 Oct 2015, 14:23 PM

Brits Release Ninjas
Nerfed:

Needs to be reverted :foreveralone:
20 Oct 2015, 14:52 PM

Permanently Banned

Brits Release Ninjas
Nerfed:

Relic :facepalm:
20 Oct 2015, 15:23 PM

lol finally after years nebelwerfer 42 can compete with katyusha and allied fanboys start to cry.

its already a wiping machine i win button on okw trucks that requires no micro or brain usage.
i think it should be a bit more expensive so panzerwerfer is not outclassed by lower teching costs.
20 Oct 2015, 15:42 PM

This is just stupid.
Please stop trying to buff indirect fire.. imo indirect fire's place in coh2 is to support actual tangible units and not to be spammed and replace actual tanks/infantry in the game because who needs units when you can one shot suppress/wipe before they even reach you right?!
Currently, its a retardfest of leigs, pak howies and pwerfers(before that, ml120 and lefh barraging from base to base and even further back, close air support/120mm mortar wrecking everyone.)
20 Oct 2015, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2015, 15:42 PMbert69
This is just stupid.
Please stop trying to buff indirect fire.. imo indirect fire's place in coh2 is to support actual tangible units and not to be spammed and replace actual tanks/infantry in the game because who needs units when you can one shot suppress/wipe before they even reach you right?!
Currently, its a retardfest of leigs, pak howies and pwerfers(before that, ml120 and lefh barraging from base to base and even further back, close air support/120mm mortar wrecking everyone.)

Indirect fire is part of the game, you just have to know how to counter it. I agree LEIGS and Pack Howies are just a retarded phenomenon in COH2 now.
20 Oct 2015, 15:48 PM

It doesn't come out later at all in relation to every other factions tech. It actually take less fuel to reach soviet T4 then ostheer T3. Stop acting like the changes delayed soviet medium armor more then other factions, because they didn't.

sov T4 = 165/175
wher T3 = 175
usf Major = 155/165

What are you talking about? Before the tier change the russian T4 cost 120 fuel (with t2, 2 buildings) to tech in total. Now it's about 175 fuel with 3 buildings minimum.
20 Oct 2015, 15:50 PM

lol finally after years nebelwerfer 42 can compete with katyusha and allied fanboys start to cry.

its already a wiping machine i win button on okw trucks that requires no micro or brain usage.
i think it should be a bit more expensive so panzerwerfer is not outclassed by lower teching costs.

It's a ninja nerf, it's seems logical that players complain a few .... Ninja nerf on tiger, no germans players will complain at all ?

Stop rage.

20 Oct 2015, 17:18 PM

What are you talking about? Before the tier change the russian T4 cost 120 fuel (with t2, 2 buildings) to tech in total. Now it's about 175 fuel with 3 buildings minimum.

EVERYONE'S FUEL COSTS WERE RAISED!
Why is that so hard to understand. It was a change in the pace of the entire game, not just soviets. At the time ostheer's and USF's fuel costs were also around 120 fuel and were raised as well. The T34's timing in the game was pretty much unchanged. Only OKW wasn't changed, but because even ostheer was changed that means it was a buff for OKW, not a nerf for soviets.
20 Oct 2015, 21:33 PM

EVERYONE'S FUEL COSTS WERE RAISED!
Why is that so hard to understand. It was a change in the pace of the entire game, not just soviets. At the time ostheer's and USF's fuel costs were also around 120 fuel and were raised as well. The T34's timing in the game was pretty much unchanged. Only OKW wasn't changed, but because even ostheer was changed that means it was a buff for OKW, not a nerf for soviets.

The Katyusha just happens to be the counter against OKW turteling and blobbing. Using it against Ostheer was far less effective.
20 Oct 2015, 22:03 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I believe that the Katyusha is fine. As Kreatiir and dasheepeh said, it is fine.
Perhaps there could be two salvos of 6 rockets rather than 3 salvos of 4. That's a nice compromise; that's it.

someone argued that rushing a Katy was good against blobs.
I guess that's true, but it was also extremely effective at sealing a Soviets v Ostheer game because when Ostheer is behind, they rely on team weapons, notably PaKs, for AT. When you could rush out a Katyusha there were so many games where it was impossible to hold a line because of a Katy. Ostheer don't have a light vehicle with enough durability to chase an enemy artillery vehicle behind the front line. 222 doesn't have the durability.

The katyusha seems worse because of its ninja nerfs (keep in mind that most axis squads are 4 men, not 5 or 6 like allies) and the later arrival. The later arrival means more infantry squads and team weapons at double/triple vet, making them more durable.

N.B: I remember watching a Relic stream or a video and the Katyusha's rocket pattern was addressed. The first 4 rockets tend to fire slightly farther while the next two salvos will launch their rockets closer. I can't cite that, as I don't recall when or where I saw the video, but to me, I take that as fact and often move infantry where previous rockets fired. There is an art to dodging artillery. No round or rocket will fall on the same spot twice.
20 Oct 2015, 22:40 PM

I play 3v3 a lot, usually as soviets. Whenever I go against the OKW, I know I need a Katyusha. The thing is, since last patch every single blob got to escape before getting wiped out. I've tried with 2 (and sometimes 3) katyushas, and can't get to kill them (not even at the closest range).
I can't understand why Panzerwerfer can wipe static weapons + pin troops...
If Kat could launch salvos faster, I'm pretty sure no squad would run away with 1-2 models left after 2 kats barrage.
21 Oct 2015, 00:43 AM

Decrease rocket damage and add 2 additional rockets to each salvo.

You know the Katy only has 16 rockets to work with right????

4 rockets for 3 salvos.

The katy can't magically get 22 rockets comrade, it only carries 16.
21 Oct 2015, 00:47 AM
Patrion 28

the katy isn't bad, and the length of the barrage does have some advantage over the pwerfer (specifically, it's easier to hit retreating units at OKW's t1) but the pwefer is definitely better against vehicles. the vet 1 creeping barrage is also hilariously good, especially since it was supposed to be a nerf from the concentrated barrage.

all rocket artillery (katy, pwerfer, and wurfrahmen) are RNG abilities on a long cooldown. i've seen all of them miss on direct hits due to shitty scatter and i've seen all of them make amazing wipes. it's the misses you remember though.
21 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM

You know the Katy only has 16 rockets to work with right????

4 rockets for 3 salvos.

4*3=12...
21 Oct 2015, 18:58 PM

4*3=12...

bhaahahahha, what a drunk fool I am. Touche.

I mean't 4 rockets for 4 salvos.
21 Oct 2015, 19:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Eh either revert nerfs, or just halve barrage interval delay. I think that would be good.
21 Oct 2015, 19:46 PM

Eh either revert nerfs, or just halve barrage interval delay. I think that would be good.

Halving barrage delay would probably hit weapon teams hard while reverting nerfs will hit blobs hard.... quite easy to choose from my perspective.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight