Login

russian armor

Heavy Royal Engineering upgrade

21 Oct 2015, 13:08 PM

I kinda agree it needs a cost. They gain better armor than shocks and a free lmg in exchange for lower speed. Its effectively an lmg squad with better armor than shocks, and at vet 3, ludicrously low reinforce costs. You can add in 2 more lmgs too. And it can lay mines, detect mines and double speed-repair vehicles too.

(I'd add build emplacements, but poor emplacements have been dead a long while cause of flame dmg bug)
21 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM

Permanently Banned
As soon as ranger spam with pershing drops, you will all forget how unfair heavy engineers are. Don't worry, won't be long now!

:)
21 Oct 2015, 13:37 PM

All the salty axis players in this thread lol

On topic: yeah, it should cost muni. People who say it already has a cost are strangely similar to certain other people who say Axis grenades and weapon upgrades are not free because you need to tech ot get them. You are mostly paying the cost for the uber-OP lategame tanks that Anvil and Hammer offer, and other things are just bonuses.
21 Oct 2015, 15:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As soon as ranger spam with pershing drops, you will all forget how unfair heavy engineers are. Don't worry, won't be long now!

:)

Until someones shows up on how to abuse it on automatch :P (reminder of people complaining about M10 and RE spam)
21 Oct 2015, 19:50 PM

Permanently Banned

Until someones shows up on how to abuse it on automatch :P (reminder of people complaining about M10 and RE spam)

Haha spot on brother! :D
22 Oct 2015, 19:23 PM

Looks balanced to me.

I mean in terms of what he is spending on a Churchill it should be able to kill 3 Panzer IV's in a 3 on 1 situation. Otherwise what is the point of building a Churchill? If it dies he won't be able to get 2 -4, and then the British would be in danger of having no chance at a lategame win. Plus it's not like he has any decent alternate AT options that would justify nerfing the Churchill, the 6 pounder and firefly both suffer from lack of penetration and basically suck.

On top of that economically Germans are already OP in the mid and late game due to *ultra cheap* teching costs, so British need the Churchill to have more health than a Kingtiger for incrementally more fuel than the cost of a single Panzer IV in order to compete.

I don't know why people bother posting these ludicrous examples of balance working as intended.

Please be an example of Poe's Law. Please be an example of Poe's Law. Please be an example of Poe's Law. :luvDerp:
23 Oct 2015, 13:01 PM

I wouldn't mind there being a small cost to them.
However I think there are bigger balance issues with the Brits at the moment (looking at you emplacements).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★