Login

russian armor

OKW vs. UKF 1v1 sniper spam

18 Oct 2015, 20:37 PM

First of all, I know theres another OKW vs. UKF sniper thread right on the corner, but it was for 2v2, which means theres a chance for your team mates to go ost and counter snipe or if he's crazy enough, uses the scout car to hunt the sniper.

I played on Kholodny Ferma winter map today vs UKF who build at least 4 snipers (maximum 3, I did manage to kill 2 before he build naother 1) in that game. Game lasted around 35 minutes. ended when I field a KT (and p iv so, I can honestly say I did dominate the map)

first 15 minutes I dominate the map control, but slightly and steadily loses map control and get squad wiped by snipers. I used luftwaffe doctrine to ambush the snipers and some mg for map control (fun fact if you exit any building with the last member of mg team and the sniper killed you right on exit, the HMG wont drop on the ground).

to my avail, 3 coordinated fallsh ambush didnt work (1st one sniper survived with 1 single drip of health, note theres already 2 snipers on minute 12), 2nd due to deep snow (map on kholody ferma winter. house in the middle still have deep snow), 3rd one the same as 1st, 1 dead, another sniper get away.

to counter that I build 1 leig on minute 10 and another one at minute 25 (since I cant counter his snipers with anything else that I have). And those leig did their job. I admit it was OP, and the guy keep complaining that the thing is OP (which they do, I admit) but how else am I suppose to counter the snipers? kubels didnt work.

during minute 15 until 25 is a hell for me since he had fielded a Cromwell even though I practically control 2 fuel pts until mid game. fielding panzer 4 with volks support, i successfully killed the cromwell behind his 2 AT guns (snipers were else where, thankfully) this happens on around minute 20. then on min 30 he fielded churchill, which I stall with small dmg and faust with fallsch and keep pounding the churchill with leig so it wont get repaired. I the fielded KT on min 35, that thing shot just 2x, and he complains again then surrender.

I was lucky at that game since I uses 2 leig (since fuck it that guy fielded 4 snipers). I never fielded more than 1 leig in my 1v1 OKW, but that pushes me. question is, after the nerf what is another strategy againts 2-4 ukf snipers on 1v1? since theres no unit in okw that could reliably counter ukf sniper until mid game (even leig is actually, gamble on UKF player micro)

if possible can anyone provide some replays on how to counter UKF sniper as OKW in 1v1 to it?

Thank you very much
19 Oct 2015, 04:05 AM

ISG counter sniper hard. Build 1 or 2 of them and then spam volk, 4 sniper mean the guy can't cap worth a damn, then rush a PzIV and hunt for snipers.
19 Oct 2015, 09:35 AM

I don't have a replay, but when I face somebody who goes double sniper I just build a lot of cheap spammable infantry. That means 3 volks + 3 Panzerfusiliers. They don't bleed you that much and a brit player just can't keep map control pop cap wise.
7 Nov 2015, 03:04 AM

Wait to do some damage in the sniper. When they reach 70% of hit point spawn the jeager light infantary the can insta kill the wounded sniper even in retreat. But u need to wait hit some shots first. Try to do this with your volks or even arty
7 Nov 2015, 11:41 AM

Panzerfusiliers or Jaeger Recon from the Scavenge doctrine. Falshirms are sh*t and a waste of money if you don't kill his sniper from the house drop, whereas PF's and Jaegers are solid throughout the entire match and can 'counter-snipe' (with their great long range accuracy) their sniper in battle. I wouldn't even go Luftwaffe vs Brits.

You should also be spamming Volks up until you can start spamming Jaeger/PF's too. Play against Brits like you're USF against Ostheer. Flanks, nades, spam. Don't worry too much about getting your Schwerer up and focus more on 2x Jagdpanzers.

Thats my 'tips' any way, i often don't even follow my advice but this is what works on paper. OKW is generally just super hard right now IMO.
9 Nov 2015, 14:59 PM

Thanks, guys. I was actually about to make a post about dealing with double snipers. It sucks the kubel is useless, i got shot once, dropped to 5 percent health and i never fielded it again after that. Lucky it got vet 1 so i just used it as a radar.

My opponent had snipers backed up by MG and trenches. I built 2 ISGs but had super bad RNG and never hit the snipers for more 30% health at any point in the game, he just stuck around and was moving them a little. ISG was a bad call IMO. I regretted not aiming it at his MG or trench instead of trying to get lucky. Lost me the game due to bad bleed.

This was 2v2 but my allie was kinda noobish so I didn't ask him to field a sniper for me.

I also usually go for Obers, that was also a mistake in retrospect, took me too long to get them out. I just find jagers and fusiliers to be a bit on the weaker side compared to obers.

Anyone actually have any luck sniping snipers with ISG?
Also, who is better it terms of DPS? Jager or fusiliers?
16 Nov 2015, 05:46 AM

Additionally, you can try ambush it, try to hide s pios around corners waiting, if he walks past or you get a chance to charge him, go for it.

Also, mines are a lovely way to dispatch a sniper. If you can force a retreat, get a couple mines down.

Im really finding mines to be a huge boost as OKW atm.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★