Login

russian armor

Puma Far Accuracy [OKW]

17 Oct 2015, 23:14 PM

I feel that the far accuracy of the puma could use a slight buff. I find it missing far too often at far range. Givin the nature of the units armour and the good range it has, its hard to utilize it to its full potential. It has a hard time even hitting large targets. I depend on this unit because I use mines and not shrecks. What do you guys think?
17 Oct 2015, 23:25 PM
17 Oct 2015, 23:25 PM

Given its penetration curve, it can be used at max range, but isn't intended to vs med armor and its not any less accurate then any other armor vs lights.
17 Oct 2015, 23:26 PM

I feel that the far accuracy of the puma could use a slight buff. I find it missing far too often at far range. Givin the nature of the units armour and the good range it has, its hard to utilize it to its full potential. It has a hard time even hitting large targets. I depend on this unit because I use mines and not shrecks. What do you guys think?

I disagree. The puma doesnt need any support for its vision so it shoots at max range, its extremely fast and kills mediums tanks due to its high rate of fire and its pen.

Don't forget about smoke.
17 Oct 2015, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 23:25 PMKatitof
Given its penetration curve, it can be used at max range, but isn't intended to vs med armor and its not any less accurate then any other armor vs lights.

I use it against medium armour all the time, it's a huge threat to all the USF armour, as well as most of SU armour. And used effectivly at range, the problem is is it misses half the time.
17 Oct 2015, 23:43 PM

I disagree. The puma doesnt need any support for its vision so it shoots at max range, its extremely fast and kills mediums tanks due to its high rate of fire and its pen.

Don't forget about smoke.

I don't really know where your trying to get at? I'm talking about accuracy?
17 Oct 2015, 23:44 PM

I use it against medium armour all the time, it's a huge threat to all the USF armour, as well as most of SU armour. And used effectivly at range, the problem is is it misses half the time.

Like any other vehicle on the move, used at maxed range.
I rather doubt you stop for a shot.
17 Oct 2015, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2015, 23:44 PMKatitof

Like any other vehicle on the move, used at maxed range.
I rather doubt you stop for a shot.

I almost always stop for the shot, for the accuracy increase. It's in all cases and situations, It misses a lot.
18 Oct 2015, 00:24 AM

it indeed does miss a lot
18 Oct 2015, 03:12 AM

I don't really know where your trying to get at? I'm talking about accuracy?

You're talking about a buff that the unit doesn't need. One of the few units that performs EXACTLY how it is intended to.
18 Oct 2015, 03:23 AM

maybe katitof is right, cause i always get like this,

puma get in range puff shot fired b4 i can even stop it.then when i stop the enemy move cause the 1st shot give away the surprise, then i move to get a clear shot 1 more shot, puff shot back.

u see, the reaction n the shot doesn't syncronize..he got a point, happen to me alot.
19 Oct 2015, 03:42 AM

SturmTigerSotka didn't seem bothered by Puma's accuracy. Sure, only one data point but the Puma seems fine for those with good micro. I've been shredded by Puma's when going armor company when someone could micro them well.

19 Oct 2015, 04:00 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's fairly inaccurate but I think it's other qualities make up for that.
19 Oct 2015, 04:30 AM
Patrion 14

Even though I use the Puma quiet often (mostly with 3 pen bulletins), I never noticed its far accuracy being that bad. It pretty much a micro thing. As a buff, would rather see its fuel cost decreased.
19 Oct 2015, 16:36 PM

Offensively, the qualities it has are range and speed. Iv been experiencing it for a long time know. It will miss 1 or 2 shots out of 5. On the move, while stationary, mid to far range. Range is the pumas biggest allie.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★