Login

russian armor

USF Captain and Lieutenant Unit Behavior

17 Oct 2015, 22:23 PM

This needs to be addressed big time. The both of these units NEED to stop auto seeking cover.

It can be "game breaking" or even simply battle breaking.

How many times have you tried to attack a light vehicle and this idiot runs around and jumping around and never shooting his zooks. (zooks never hits ANYTHING anyway so this compounds the issue)

He needs to act like PGs with shrecks or Volks with shrecks where they just simply stop moving and shoot their rocket immediately.

Same with the LT jumping around to a charging sturmpioneer and lose the engagement being the squad doesn't stand still and fire.

Honestly I think all squads should never auto seek cover. If you put them there, great, if you dont and they are standing in red cover for example, they shouldn't jump out of it b/c that was your microing mistake.

I've had my Captian charge after units when you right click on them instead of shooting, correctly me if i'm wrong but it seems that he Cap doesn't shoot at max zook range, he moves close for the thompson range which may also be messing up his behavior.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
17 Oct 2015, 22:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

This needs to be addressed big time. The both of these units NEED to stop auto seeking cover.

It can be "game breaking" or even simply battle breaking.

How many times have you tried to attack a light vehicle and this idiot runs around and jumping around and never shooting his zooks. (zooks never hits ANYTHING anyway so this compounds the issue)

He needs to act like PGs with shrecks or Volks with shrecks where they just simply stop moving and shoot their rocket immediately.

Same with the LT jumping around to a charging sturmpioneer and lose the engagement being the squad doesn't stand still and fire.

Honestly I think all squads should never auto seek cover. If you put them there, great, if you dont and they are standing in red cover for example, they shouldn't jump out of it b/c that was your microing mistake.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Its because theyre fresh out of college and dont know what theyre doing.

I think its realistic. And should be left as is.
17 Oct 2015, 22:27 PM

Its because theyre fresh out of college and dont know what theyre doing.

I think its realistic. And should be left as is.

We both know there is nothing "realistic" about CoH 2 :D
17 Oct 2015, 22:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

We both know there is nothing "realistic" about CoH 2 :D

joking aside,I agree. it needs to be fixed. I have a hole in my wall because of this bullsh*t.

Captain lost to a half health engine damage luchs because he felt like dancing instead of killin'.
17 Oct 2015, 22:30 PM

Guards also love to dance before firing their PTRS.
17 Oct 2015, 22:31 PM

joking aside,I agree. it needs to be fixed. I have a hole in my wall because of this bullsh*t.

Captain lost to a half health engine damage luchs because he felt like dancing instead of killin'.

It gets extremely frustrating when he get pinned from a Kubel bc he cant just shoot the damn thing and kill it. It's silly to have to buy a tank or ATG to kill it.
17 Oct 2015, 22:31 PM

Guards also love to dance before firing their PTRS.

so it seems to be allied AT who seem to be retarded and Axis AT is best :O
17 Oct 2015, 22:34 PM

This is a bug which happens ironically only with allied units and relic won't fix it because of the lack of tears - but enough of fanboyism.... so, what have you found?

It appears to be an issue with ai behaviour and it's not just the Captain and Lieutenant who suffer from it. Guards and Shock have the same or similiar problems. Since Relic cares a fuck about this bug ("no! it's a feature!") which exists since release(!), the only workaround is to order "Stop" (bug only appears when units are moving) before assigning the target.

There are also problems with stances in case of Assault engineers (USF) and Sappers which hit the dirt if they are ordered to attack a unit, even if it's standing right infront of them.
17 Oct 2015, 22:37 PM

This is a bug which happens ironically only with allied units and relic won't fix because of not enough tears, but enough of fanboyism.... so, what have you found?

It appears to be an issue with ai behaviour and it's not just the Captain and Lieutenant who suffer from it. Guards and Shock have the same or similiar problems. Since Relic cares a fuck about this bug ("no! it's a feature!") which exists since release(!), the only workaround is to order "Stop" (bug only appears when units are moving) before assigning the target.

There are also problems with stances in case of Assault engineers (USF) and Sappers which hit the dirt if they are ordered to attack a unit, even if it's standing right infront of them.

So red, when you press "S" to stop them, is the captains unit priority vehicles or infantry or whatever is closer? What if there are axis troopers around let say a puma/scout car/kubel.

Will the cap shoot the light vehicle or the axis troops?
17 Oct 2015, 22:41 PM

So red, when you press "S" to stop them, is the captains unit priority vehicles or infantry or whatever is closer? What if there are axis troopers around let say a puma/scout car/kubel.

Will the cap shoot the light vehicle or the axis troops?

The nearest unit ofc (which happens to be the infantry mostly). Hitting vehicles is very hard, since they move around and you are often fighting them on max distance. So, once they are out of range the Captain will give chase and you have him on the move again...

18 Oct 2015, 20:07 PM

Lieutenant works fine for me, however captain is really unreliable he just takes ages to fire his zook and sometimes you see his models crawling on the ground for no reason, then standing up then crawling again I've no idea whats up with this unit.
18 Oct 2015, 20:24 PM

Yup, so annoying.

This better be fixed in the October patch...
18 Oct 2015, 20:24 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

:facepalm:

It's the weird behaviour of squads who spawn with diffrent types of weapons. PTRS and DP28, Bar and Thompson, Zook and Thompson, etc.
18 Oct 2015, 20:26 PM

yup got a couple of holes lying around here becuase of this 1o points
18 Oct 2015, 20:36 PM

Today I played a game where Rifles auto-seeking cover won me an engagement. I came to conclusion that it can be useful, especially when unit is going to be suppressed and the cover isn't trustworthy (Opel trucks, which are usually angled, make squads suppressed after several seconds).

My suggestion: leave auto-seeking on AI units, remove it from AT units (including Guards)
18 Oct 2015, 20:59 PM

Today I played a game where Rifles auto-seeking cover won me an engagement. I came to conclusion that it can be useful, especially when unit is going to be suppressed and the cover isn't trustworthy (Opel trucks, which are usually angled, make squads suppressed after several seconds).

My suggestion: leave auto-seeking on AI units, remove it from AT units (including Guards)

So, units which do something else, for the order they actually received is fine? Do you know any other RTS games which contain that logic?
18 Oct 2015, 21:13 PM

Permanently Banned

:snfPeter:

19 Oct 2015, 06:20 AM

So, units which do something else, for the order they actually received is fine? Do you know any other RTS games which contain that logic?

Every RTS ever with bad pathfinding? :snfPeter: no but seriously, AI entities have no problems of weapons not firing until found cover (at least from my experience) and it takes very little time, and can actually help so in this case it could stay.
19 Oct 2015, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2015, 20:24 PMluvnest

:facepalm:

It's the weird behaviour of squads who spawn with diffrent types of weapons. PTRS and DP28, Bar and Thompson, Zook and Thompson, etc.

This is what I figured. I think they should make the Thompson, rifles, zooks shoot at the sames range but ofc the accuracy values all different. To fixed this unit behavior.

Like an SMG can shoot that far but wont hit anything yet a rifle could.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★