Login

russian armor

Why are Internet requirements so high?

aaa
16 Oct 2015, 21:37 PM

Today its an insanety. Input delay is 2-3 sec USSUALY. While i can watch youtue in HD flawlessly.
I even ordered an signal implifier (antenna). But will it help? May be its different issue. Why coud i play starcraft with worse connection? And never had input delay.

I lost like 5 games in a row to noobs. This is so frustrating. Im ok losing to normal players but those 2v4 noobs defeating me cuz of some technical issue WTF. Plz help.
16 Oct 2015, 22:05 PM
Patrion 28

there are a LOT of possible issues. it could be a problem with your computer (network card, cpu, gpu, software interference, etc), with your router, with relic's servers, or with any piece of hardware or wire between you and relic's servers.

playing on wifi will always have higher ping then a wired connection though, that's why i have 100 feet of shielded cat5.
aaa
16 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

thats pingtest of my mobile conection. its above and beyond compared to my previous internet cons. But i have delays opening some sites. This one reloads in like 2-3 sec. Some doesnt load at all. Ussualy theyload in 1 sec.
16 Oct 2015, 23:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 21:37 PMaaa

I lost like 5 games in a row to noobs.

you either die a pro
or you live long enough to become the noob yourself
16 Oct 2015, 23:58 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2015, 22:49 PMaaa

thats pingtest of my mobile conection. its above and beyond compared to my previous internet cons. But i have delays opening some sites. This one reloads in like 2-3 sec. Some doesnt load at all. Ussualy theyload in 1 sec.

if that's off a phone it's even worse then household wireless. pings will vary a LOT just from second to second. i did a couple of ping tests on old phone a while ago and got anywhere from 30ms to 600ms for ping.

the numbers on the test suggest that you generally have pretty good ping and that it shouldn't be an issue but it is something to keep in mind.
aaa
17 Oct 2015, 00:13 AM

if that's off a phone

not a phone but similar thing with SIM card. Losing 5 games in 30 mins to bad players is so unfair.
17 Oct 2015, 02:27 AM

The input delay isn't an internet thing.
17 Oct 2015, 03:24 AM
Patrion 14

Input delay has literally nothing to do with bandwidth. If you increase your car's cargo compartment that doesn't mean it will get to its destination any faster.
17 Oct 2015, 05:55 AM

COH2 optimization is crap since day 1, but still the input delay used to be way worse.
26 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM

If you are using a sim card product to play a game you are doing it wrong. Even DSL would perform better. 100ms pings to a speedtest site likely means your pings to the relic server are 200ms+ or so. This is simple math because you are using cheap internet. 200ms means .2 seconds by the way. My comcast has a ping of 20 or so to google; speed matters little compared to a reliable low ping. Also all units always have a delay.

All units have a formula for the time it takes before the first shot (setup time+ready aim time+windup). Look at this to get an idea for your units. Some are more responsive than others.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IX68mtMEFLUVZCJpdgLxtm9cLajZATNRwISihru8rZM/edit?pli=1#gid=0

26 Oct 2015, 10:16 AM

Permanently Banned
lelic servers are to blame. A lot of people are complaining about it. The number of games that have my opponent drop out after he or she is loading in for 5 minutes have increased ten fold.
26 Oct 2015, 18:47 PM

lelic servers are to blame. A lot of people are complaining about it. The number of games that have my opponent drop out after he or she is loading in for 5 minutes have increased ten fold.

The dude has 100ms pings to a SPEEDTEST site. How is this a server issue? I have seen a few people drop in 2v2s but if he didn't have such strange internet he wouldn't be experiencing the issue he is talking about.
26 Oct 2015, 19:07 PM

I used to play on wireless and had to invest in ~$700 worth of hardware to get a decent connection in my house.

I got an ASUS wireless adapter and the Netgear Nighthawk router.

Even then, playing on a 5GHz connection wasn't stable due to the shorter range of the signal and me being on a different floor than the router. On a 2.4GHz connection I could get a decent ping most of the time but even then there would be a temporary connection loss once in a while.

When playing a shooter, the connection issues were even more apparent.

Bottom line: WiFi and gaming don't go well together unless you're close enough to the router to wire it in the first place.

26 Oct 2015, 20:32 PM

Permanently Banned

The dude has 100ms pings to a SPEEDTEST site. How is this a server issue? I have seen a few people drop in 2v2s but if he didn't have such strange internet he wouldn't be experiencing the issue he is talking about.

A lot of people are bitching about CoH2 and its latency. I myself have it as well, with 09-13ms ping :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★