Login

russian armor

LeIG AND Packhowitzer are useless without auto facing

PAGES (8)down
15 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 17:09 PMHorasu
I disagree completely. The nerf was not "artificial," it was necessary. First of all, how can you have trouble managing the gun? If you position right, and stay relatively far away so that the traverse is bigger, then it should cover any part of the field that is an active combat zone. Second of all, the "micro tax" is miniscule at best. A couple of clicks per minute is nothing compared to what USF has to deal with. It opens up a lot of options for the opposing player to deal with the ISG while, if you can even ink out 1-2 more APM than what you're currently doing, it should have little to no effect on its performance. It's a nerf which doesn't kill the weapon.

This change might not have been my #1 go-to, but it'll do and I'm willing to get behind it over Relic doing nothing at all. Peoples main complaints are that it's "not like a mortar." But who would want it to be? They are not mortars. They are light artillery. They suppress. They wipe a hell of a lot better. They should not be mortars.

Very well put. The micro is no more artificial than having to face an MG the proper direction, except easier considering the range on these pieces is long enough they shouldn't need frequent refacing unless you're aiming for highly mobile targets, which is not what artillery is meant for anyway.

I think removing suppression could have been a fine fix too, but a weapon with so much range should not be completely effective without some player input required. Players decent enough to face it correctly will still be rewarded with accurate shots that suppress (a reduced amount) and do good damage (a slightly reduced amount for LEIG, not reduced at all for Howie).

The barrage reload change was reverted and they are still fairly cheap, the LEIG especially. The nerfs don't seem too harsh and I think this change will mostly be an issue for people expecting the unit to sit in one place and be effective the whole match without touching it.

15 Oct 2015, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 17:13 PMHorasu

So people who have been saying "I've been using the ISG w/o autoface, it's trash now" are making it up?

Pretty much....
bC_
Only Relic postRelic 15 Oct 2015, 18:45 PM
Developer Relic Badge

now it has been updated! just an fyi. #confirmed
15 Oct 2015, 19:03 PM

LOL the OP and everyone agreeing with him just lost all credibility.

Thread of fucking liars.
15 Oct 2015, 19:09 PM

whats the idea behind turning small field guns into mgs ? you have to actualy understand that even thou they have nice ranges the arc of fire or kinda small - will that change anything i dont think so - models will still die in masses cause ponpoint accuracy and most people did actualy click the units they wanted to atack so i dont get such changes - whats next relic we turn them into normal howis with barrage only cause this nerf wont fix anything ? just revert the last 2 buffs that introduced supression
15 Oct 2015, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 19:03 PMJ1N6666
LOL the OP and everyone agreeing with him just lost all credibility.

Thread of fucking liars.

OP was flaming people and calling them "shitheads" for not playing the game before giving their opinions, too.... Can we get a thread lock? This is a joke.
15 Oct 2015, 19:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Please keep it non-autoface.

You should at least have to put the slight effort into FACING it the right way. If theyre gonna be 100 range MGs...
15 Oct 2015, 19:49 PM
Donator 11

15 Oct 2015, 19:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 19:10 PMHorasu

OP was flaming people and calling them "shitheads" for not playing the game before giving their opinions, too.... Can we get a thread lock? This is a joke.

Yea, pretty embarrassing for Mr. OP. I knew a lot of balance posts come from limited experience playing against something or not playing the opposite faction (good old l2p,) but maybe these reactionary knee jerk posts stem from even less.
15 Oct 2015, 20:05 PM
Patrion 14

You people let the cat out of the bag too fast; I wanted to see how many more were going to say "I played the preview and no autoface was a disaster!"
15 Oct 2015, 20:10 PM

I appreciate this change, actually it was annoying that the isg/pack howi rotates and targets the squads I don't really need to focus/suppress.
15 Oct 2015, 20:19 PM
15 Oct 2015, 20:31 PM

Smoke and flank.
15 Oct 2015, 20:45 PM

Just shows you, axis are going to gripe on the forums about things that they didn't even test out and lie about, just so they can attempt to hold onto their op weapons...nothing new here. Sadly the devs were probably sitting there agreeing with them on this thread..probably got a red alert on their computers that axis are crying and they need to nerf something of allies, without realizing they didn't update their own game they never test lol.
15 Oct 2015, 21:08 PM

Just remove suppression and they will be :thumb:
15 Oct 2015, 21:27 PM

since they are not auto facing, i think all fire rate and barrage rate, and pin should reverted. or buff the barrage pin back to old on at least because if use as pin weapon it don't pin as fast as i wish for now.
aaa
15 Oct 2015, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 19:10 PMHorasu

thanks but dont worry. I dont take that idiot seriosly.
15 Oct 2015, 21:50 PM

This thread is hilarious! Just goes to show you how many people are willing to lie to influence balance the way they want.
aaa
16 Oct 2015, 00:12 AM

This thread is hilarious! Just goes to show you how many people are willing to lie to influence balance the way they want.

to defend autoface of this unit one must be real idiot. I say it not to insult its a honest belive. This unit has arc.

Plus I doubt that autoface removal is enough. It can turn into old bugged vickers MG with way more instant dmg and smaller arc.
It supresses everithing around forcing constant retreats.
16 Oct 2015, 03:41 AM

I actually like this and would like to see it on AT guns. Or just remove the A move button completely for AT guns and force the user to set them up, very easy to control group PAKs, Brit AT gun and Raketenwerfers to A move behind infantry and automatically salvo fire into a vehicle once it gets into range killing it. This would help eliminate A-moving with AT guns which Axis and Brit players love to do and force players to be deliberate in using them and placing them.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS