Login

russian armor

Pershing

PAGES (9)down
14 Oct 2015, 22:48 PM

This thread is for USF FANBOY CIRCLE JERKING ONLY. If youre here to #QQ about pershing make ANOTHER thread and be NEGATIVE there.
Let us USF have our time in the sun. :foreveralone:

Son, I know your emotions are running high today but I assure you, nothing I said was meant to be negative. Such is my appreciation for freedom that 95% of my COH 2 games have been as USF since they were added, and I am a filthy team game playing casual, where USF struggles the most (until I have 5 or more Jacksons).

My post was merely reflecting on the glory of this commander with the respect and humbled awe she deserves.
14 Oct 2015, 22:48 PM

This thread is for USF FANBOY CIRCLE JERKING ONLY. If youre here to #QQ about pershing make ANOTHER thread and be NEGATIVE there.
Let us USF have our time in the sun. :foreveralone:
GET SOME BITCHES!
14 Oct 2015, 22:49 PM

USF PLAYERS. It's time. For years we have endured paper tanks, paper infantry...

But now, men.

Times have changed! Our riflemen are smart and beefy as ever, our new Pershing tanks are finally a match for the German tanks.

And now, our battle hardened Rangers, will turn the tide of battle.

USF PLAYERS. I ask that you BELIEVE,

NO!

I ask that you KNOW

THAT USF IS FINALLY OP.

God bless ALL USF PLAYERS/FANBOIS that have withered the storm through these many months.

The time is now, gentlemen.
GET SOME BITCHES
14 Oct 2015, 22:51 PM

This commander is just asking for nerfs. Rifle mines, rangers, and Pershing? <444>_<444>
14 Oct 2015, 23:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 21:24 PMspajn
now i want flak 88 lelic pls

And Allied warmachine & Med Bunker
14 Oct 2015, 23:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 22:48 PMLuGer33

Son, I know your emotions are running high today but I assure you, nothing I said was meant to be negative. Such is my appreciation for freedom that 95% of my COH 2 games have been as USF since they were added, and I am a filthy team game playing casual, where USF struggles the most (until I have 5 or more Jacksons).

My post was merely reflecting on the glory of this commander with the respect and humbled awe she deserves.

you should be excited more than anyone

#USF can into the late game in 4v4 now!!!
14 Oct 2015, 23:03 PM

I told y'all the pershing was coming.
15 Oct 2015, 01:02 AM

More relevant than ever

this is no doubt the most hilarious thing iv seen all week.
15 Oct 2015, 01:12 AM

Honestly the Pershing seems to be the most underwhelming thing about this doctrine.

800Hp, and 260 armor, it will get smoked by any axis AT, stugs will mop the floor with it.

The really broken part of this commander is the rifle mines and zook totting, smg wielding, rangers along with the offmap smoke call in. I can't see how this doctrine can exist in its current state without making every other doctrine the USF has completely obsolete.
15 Oct 2015, 01:22 AM

The days of coh1 ranger blobs are back with a vengeance. Now rush The huns with the might of heroes backed up by the american warmachine's newest nazi dream crusher

May Kapparino guide you to victory, KNOW USF IS OP!
15 Oct 2015, 01:27 AM

Why am I scared? Im a soviet player. BibleThump
15 Oct 2015, 01:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Honestly the Pershing seems to be the most underwhelming thing about this doctrine.

800Hp, and 260 armor, it will get smoked by any axis AT, stugs will mop the floor with it.

The really broken part of this commander is the rifle mines and zook totting, smg wielding, rangers along with the offmap smoke call in. I can't see how this doctrine can exist in its current state without making every other doctrine the USF has completely obsolete.

Hmm now that most of the cleebration has worn off, well lets see

Recon Support= Obselete
Mechanized= Obselete
Airborne=Obselete or inferior to the top tier docs in 90% of situations
Which leaves

Rifle,Armor,and infantry.

Rifle still offers garrison clearing flame throwers everywhere,and if these pershing stats are true,then the E8 will remain a solid choice for more mobile flanky players. Not to mention,phosphurs is INSANELY good. Free vet is OpieOP as well. This doc is still op.

Armor
The M10 is still the cheapest,most cost effective tank hunter USF has. Assault engineers have previously said mines,and the demos. Dozer again is not that far off durability wise from the SUPPOSED pershing.
240 Arty...is...good.....but can be bad as well. Ill honestly still use this doc alot.

INfantry still hands down has the best indirect fire options,not only for USF,but possibly in the game, with the priest and MHT,combined with popcap abuse.

which ironically IS the weakness of htis pershing commander. YOu MUST use your pershing to soak all the fire,and you have NOTHING that can actually kill the pak43 gun itself. you may decrew it,but thats it.

This means the pershing will have to dive enemy lines with no arty support. which again judging by the stats,it wont be able to do. It seems to be a doctrine that can FINISH a game where the neemy is just barely hanging on...but in evenly matched games,it seems to be very meh. IF these stats are true,I guess. We'll have to see. But the other USF docs are far from "obselete",they just arent as appealing because every usf player has played those docs 690000 times. Time for a change of pace,and I think thats what this USF COMMANDER 1 will offer.

15 Oct 2015, 01:29 AM
Patrion 14

More relevant than ever

lolol.

15 Oct 2015, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I didn't see the stream, how does the smoke sound particularly neat? My first assumption was that it would be utterly redundant considering Riflemen already smoke like nicotine addicts, and they aren't the only units available to USF with smoke.
15 Oct 2015, 01:50 AM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 01:34 AMVuther

I didn't see the stream, how does the smoke sound particularly neat? My first assumption was that it would be utterly redundant considering Riflemen already smoke like nicotine addicts, and they aren't the only units available to USF with smoke.

if it's anything like stuka smoke it'll be amazing.
15 Oct 2015, 01:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

if it's anything like stuka smoke it'll be amazing.

That one was pretty good, but I dunno...Rifle smoke is still pretty long-ranged and responsive to make me imagine the situations where Smoke Bombs will look good be much rarer, and it's no where near the "Fuck your weapon teams" the similar Willy Pete option is to make the latter get used a bunch.
15 Oct 2015, 02:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 01:59 AMVuther

That one was pretty good, but I dunno...Rifle smoke is still pretty long-ranged and responsive to make me imagine the situations where Smoke Bombs will look good be much rarer, and it's no where near the "Fuck your weapon teams" the similar Willy Pete option is to make the latter get used a bunch.

the only problem with RM smoke is there is this weird delay sort of a bug that has yet to be fixed where smoke doesn't fire right away when ordered
15 Oct 2015, 03:44 AM
Developer Relic Badge

the only problem with RM smoke is there is this weird delay sort of a bug that has yet to be fixed where smoke doesn't fire right away when ordered

There's no real delay though. It has to go through its wind-up(time is synched with the animation) before it fires.

The only delay it might suffer aside from the rare bug out is something of an observation I've made and it's that if the model has to reload during the process of ordering a grenade, they'll generally go through their reload before tossing a grenade. A prime example of this is Panzer Grenadiers who tend to reload when stopping after a charge forward as their shortened cooldown means they hit their reload sooner whilst on the move and their small squad size means everyone generally decides to reload at the same time.
15 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

Alright folks this is what is going to happen;
and please remember this :)

They will release this Commander OP, so that everyone go ahead and buys it. Then after a while that Relic collects all his money from COH2 community, they go ahead and will nerf it!!! :)
you will see :)

I just can't wait to see how funny it is when after a while in the patch notes they will write;

"we thought the rangers were overperforming..."
"we thought the Pershing was overperforming..."

(but with that sentance they actually mean, we just wanted your money as fast as possible) :D
15 Oct 2015, 05:17 AM

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight