Login

russian armor

New maps 1v1

22 Jun 2013, 14:39 PM

Hey so I was wondering what other people where thinking of the new maps?

Pripyat winter: just bad, all the res is out so far away making it imposable to hold VPs and res while still having the same clutch point issues its spring counter part had. Also CPs on ice how does that makes sense.

Kholodny Ferma: My favrioute new map good vp spread and the extra munitions point over its winter counter part makes for a much more balanced map.

Minsk pocket: I think the munitions need to be switched with the fuels. Germans to me feel OP in the south where there are more sweet MG spots.

Moscow Outskirts: Way to big to be in the 1v1 pool, just because its not winter like its counter part does not make it magically smaller.
22 Jun 2013, 14:49 PM
Coder Red Badge

Kholodny is really the only good one. The others are either too big or have stupid territory layouts (see three VPs within 5 feet of one another on Pripyat Winter).
22 Jun 2013, 14:56 PM

liking kholodny ... prypiat is good , nice touch on watchtower (more maps need this) but VP placement could be better
22 Jun 2013, 15:48 PM

liking kholodny ... prypiat is good , nice touch on watchtower (more maps need this) but VP placement could be better

Are you talking about Pryait summer or winter? Summer is ok little big, winter is just screwed up.
22 Jun 2013, 16:49 PM

Moscow Outskirts summer I was expecting to really dislike as a 1v1 map. It's definitely pretty big for a 1v1 map (though also, not all that many strat points) and the infantry start is probably a bit slow. The more interesting stuff being some fence-hopping. But I just had a nice tank battly game with the open space. Was enjoyable, not sure if it'll be competitive/interesting but I didn't mind it as much as I thought I would.
22 Jun 2013, 17:25 PM

I think the territory layout needs some major work. The new maps seem really chopped up and don't make for good strategic capping. Especially winter Pripyat
24 Jun 2013, 09:38 AM

City winter...worst map...although not 1on1 obviously. So far to get to anything....just ridiculous.
24 Jun 2013, 12:50 PM

Are you talking about Pryait summer or winter? Summer is ok little big, winter is just screwed up.

Think he was talking bout winter, I also like the watch tower for extended sight range, but the close VP's make it too much of a concentrated battle over the middle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★