Login

russian armor

Is USF punishing to play still?

14 Oct 2015, 16:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

OP:
-Micro intensive during the late game > sure.
-Punishing don't think so. I'll say its a bit harder to comeback if opponent get some armor rolling on as you can't rely on AT gun wall.

lol . u cant say KoreanArmy was a bad player though

I cry at how he lost on Crossing in the Woods against USF. Took too many risk (M20 vs 222 and Stuart RNG)
14 Oct 2015, 16:54 PM

It probably depends on your play style.

If your style is to rely on an army of properly combined arms, USF does not work so well. If you like to run a mainly infantry based army with a a few vehicles ortanks sprinkled on the top OTOH, USF is right.

I see some here mention the USF as micro intensive, but on some points it's actually saving you micro. Crew vehicle repairs for example saves a lot of time and messing around to have engies meet vehicles.
14 Oct 2015, 17:14 PM

The reason the USF are considered more "micro intensive" is mostly due to their armor game. The Sherman, for example, needs to be manually cycled between anti-infantry and anti-armor ammunition. The Jackson is the lowest health, highest damage tank destroyer in the game. The 57mm AT gun, while having some useful abilities is, at least in my experience, the easiest AT gun to decrew in the game.

Add to all of this that the USF has no heavy generalist tank akin to a Tiger or IS2, nor a heavily armored anti-armor vehicle like the Panther or Elefant, and you see where the USF late-game struggle begins. While the Germans and late game Soviets have some units they can send into the fray that can perform well enough on their own without needing babysitting, every USF armored unit demands near-constant management.
14 Oct 2015, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 17:14 PMvelmarg
The reason the USF are considered more "micro intensive" is mostly due to their armor game. The Sherman, for example, needs to be manually cycled between anti-infantry and anti-armor ammunition. The Jackson is the lowest health, highest damage tank destroyer in the game. The 57mm AT gun, while having some useful abilities is, at least in my experience, the easiest AT gun to decrew in the game.

Add to all of this that the USF has no heavy generalist tank akin to a Tiger or IS2, nor a heavily armored anti-armor vehicle like the Panther or Elefant, and you see where the USF late-game struggle begins. While the Germans and late game Soviets have some units they can send into the fray that can perform well enough on their own without needing babysitting, every USF armored unit demands near-constant management.

lol i just had that experience a few moments ago with human opponents. i tell u right now the panther is a big fucking scary monster. now i wish USF had the M26 Pershing
14 Oct 2015, 17:31 PM

lol i just had that experience a few moments ago with human opponents. i tell u right now the panther is a big fucking scary monster. now i wish USF had the M26 Pershing

WISH GRANTED, TOVARISH
14 Oct 2015, 22:04 PM

vehicles and armor are very micro intensive and less forgiving...but you don't need mgs or mortars to win early battles as you have the best infantry and often you want to charge to close range with bars/grenades anyway so I think in all it is a wash. Early game, easy micro just stay spread out so MG's can't pin all your squads. Late game, be on point to keep Jacksons at range and shermans firing smoke and crit repairing when shermans take too much damage.
19 Oct 2015, 06:37 AM

This whole game is punishing to play lol
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight