Login

russian armor

Is USF punishing to play still?

14 Oct 2015, 05:21 AM

curious question since USF is currently still the most micro-intensive faction to play are they the most punishing to play? reason why is from the way I see it axis seems more forgiving to play than USF. If USF make one small miscalculation it's game over while axis appear to be more flexible and adaptable when it comes to making mistakes. what are your thoughts?
14 Oct 2015, 05:37 AM

I've always felt USF is one of the easier factions to play. Also according to coh2charts they are the strongest faction by far.
14 Oct 2015, 05:45 AM

reason why is from the way I see it axis seems more forgiving to play than USF.

Maybe play some (any?) games as other factions to improve your perspective!
14 Oct 2015, 09:34 AM

DevM win Romeo tournament with USF
14 Oct 2015, 09:37 AM

DevM win Romeo tournament with USF

DevM would do this with a block of coal, a slingshot and a toy car.
14 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 09:37 AMKatitof

DevM would do this with a block of coal.

lol . u cant say KoreanArmy was a bad player though
14 Oct 2015, 09:50 AM
Patrion 14

I don't know if they are UP because of micro-intesivity but in random games they are definitely fun to play.

Especially shermans with triple reload bulletins and vet 3 reload modifiers. Badass fury-like tank crews man.

TBH, it isn't that micro intensive anymore. You get used to vehicle crews after muscle memory kicks in and you just click repair and shift for recrew to know when the tanks ready to go again.

Everything else about the faction is pretty simple after that, especially since ambulance is now a lockdown ability. It isn't as hard as it used to be and I'd say it's actually the easiest faction to get an hang of.
14 Oct 2015, 10:24 AM
Patrion 15

I wouldn't say up, but yes still micro-intensive. Their whole early game revolves around microing multiple infantry squads in co-ordinated pushes, as opposed to the 'hold and manouver' axis early game. Do it well and you reap the rewards.

There are a lot of quality of life things that you have to be mindful of - weird access to mines, walking back to weapon racks, 'finicky' Sherman smoke, paying munis every engagement, but that's just something to get used to and it's getting easier all the time.

The main gripes I have with USF are that I find myself paying fuel for units I need to keep pace which very quickly become obsolete. Fuel spend for other factions carries through to late game better - for example su-76 or quad aa - whereas if you want a Stuart or AA ht late game you have to put more effort into microing them than you get reward out. That's personal opinion though.

Faction gaps are also a bit annoying - Lack of turtle breaking indirect fire is a big problem in 2v2 up, but its livable with ATM. The mg is also (personal opinion) a bit pants. They have no medium tank destroyer - only the "heavy" tank destroyer Jackson with the armour and HP pool of a t3. It's potent but requires micro, and I have serious reservations about how USF can effectively kill panthers.

The faction mostly works though. They are my absolute favourite faction, and don't require that good micro to be played at a reasonable level. To be great at them yes, it's micro heavy, but I'd argue to be great at any faction you need good micro.
14 Oct 2015, 10:33 AM

Not for me. I find them to be one of the least punishing faction. I barely play 1v1(bugsplats just discourage me from playing) while I play 2v2 and 3v3 more often since they're with my brothers so my perspective is from 2v2 and 3v3 mainly. I find that I always float all resources since I just rely on my riflemen's shooting to do the killing. An early M4A3 helps a lot when used in conjunction with the riflemen. Micro-intensive is definitely true but I like to micro a lot anyway. It feels very boring and dull if I don't need to micro as much.
14 Oct 2015, 10:47 AM

USF is fine to play currently. And surely not the most micro intensive faction. Therefore I'd like to say brits with IS that must be in cover the whole time (personal opinion)
14 Oct 2015, 10:57 AM

Nope, they are actually good. BAR and Riflemen buffs really helped the faction. And now you can actually have some mines :P
14 Oct 2015, 10:58 AM

Pershing is coming, don't worry.

14 Oct 2015, 11:00 AM

You know its a confirmed fake, right?
14 Oct 2015, 11:02 AM

I'd say the only thing micro intensive about the USF is the management of several medium tanks in late game, but hey you have vehicle crews and super glue for that.
Other than that, except for maybe changing the major retreat point once in a while, I don't see what else is micro intensive about them.
On Contrary, I often see players blobbing several rifles in early game and be astonishing successful with it.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 10:58 AMF1sh
Pershing is coming, don't worry.

This picture is a fake... Pershing is comming but not that OP commander.
14 Oct 2015, 12:15 PM

USF is pretty good to play right now. There is a bit of skill required early in dodging MG42s/kubel etc, but you have great infantry from the start compared to other factions.

The late game is definitely still punishing in large team games though, all your tanks (except for the Easy 8) have paper armour and you generally have to rely on teammates for good anti-tank support. If you can keep your infantry/pack howi alive though, you'll be in a great position, just the fact that you can lose a lot very quickly.
14 Oct 2015, 13:00 PM

On Contrary, I often see players blobbing several rifles in early game and be astonishing successful with it.

This.

USF is great now, I don't have much worries with them. It feels the german player must exercise way harder to win versus a similarly leveled USF player. And yes often a blob walks around killing stuff, smoking everything, pushing ever forward. With vet, it gets more and more easy to accomplish that.

I don't think that is all wrong, USF, as I understand, should be a strong, infantry heavy based faction. I think it's the lack of something for the germans that makes it so easy for the american player, though I can't put my finger on what it is.
14 Oct 2015, 13:49 PM

its beyond me how OP has zero games played as anything else and yet comes here to discuss balance
14 Oct 2015, 13:55 PM

One thing I find really annoying about USF is that dealing with turtle player requires substantial amount of munitions. Unless, I unlock grenades and tech for a Captain for pack howitzer, I am fu**. At the current meta, OKW players have been extremely campy with their LIEG guns. I would rather use an army that has a mortar or sniper.
14 Oct 2015, 14:12 PM

The USF was in a terrible state previously because of the Rifleman unit. Riflemen were the most expensive core infantry with the highest reinforcement cost and the WORST late-game performance. Rear Echelon spam didn't gain traction because of that unit's effectiveness - it was the low manpower bleed relative to the Riflemen who, late game, save for their grenade abilities, weren't that much more useful.

Fast forward to now, post patch, when the received accuracy buff has turned vet 3 Riflemen with BARs into stout-hearted warriors and suddenly late game USF play feels excitingly different. Throw Infantry company mines into the mix and yeah - honestly, the USF are in a pretty good spot right now. Freedom tastes pretty good.

14 Oct 2015, 14:20 PM

I luv em, they are like soviets but with smokenades and zooks and bars and m1919, they have a OP Howi aswell. MURICA
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★