Login

russian armor

Squad wipes due to land mines

14 Oct 2015, 21:13 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Definitely one of the top 5 things (insta wipes in general) that is wrong with coh2 competitively. Low-moderate damage w/ massive suppression is better. Hitting a mine should cost you field presence, not a unit.

Player 1: Veterency should be important

Player 2: I agree, I'll buy all the things that wipe squads and destroy vet because vet is so important

Player 1: THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED
15 Oct 2015, 02:14 AM

Player 1: Veterency should be important

Player 2: I agree, I'll buy all the things that wipe squads and destroy vet because vet is so important

Player 1: THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED

Lol, what? That's not it at all. You shouldn't be punished for not having 3-4 mine sweepers. You should be punished for having low health squads moving in risky areas. As said, mines should suppress full strength units, kill low health ones. Nothing should be able to wipe squads easily unless they're very expensive.
15 Oct 2015, 13:04 PM

You don't need a sweeper with your guys all the time though unless you completely lose map presence.

- you know where your enemy can lay mines without you seeing.
- you know the areas he is going to attempt to deny to you through mines
- you can make a pretty good guess as to how many munitions he is spending on mines.

Don't get me wrong, i hit mines as much as the next guy but at the end of the day I don't think to myself... shit I needed 5 sweepers...
15 Oct 2015, 13:11 PM

Unfortunatly you got sweeping squads that get whiped. If you hit a mine, completely at a spot that most of the people don't place it on and it whipes your squad that's fucked up...
15 Oct 2015, 13:23 PM

If the Mines are fine i call for removing smine field and give Ost a Russian like Mine. Would prefer that 1000x over big obvious Not wiping anything sminefield
15 Oct 2015, 13:24 PM

If the Mines are fine i call for removing smine field and give Ost a Russian like Mine. Would prefer that 1000x over big obvious Not wiping anything sminefield

+1
15 Oct 2015, 16:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Or they could just remove the stupid sign posts or decrease it to at most 1 sign post per s mine field.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★