Login

russian armor

Stuka Dive Bomb AoE... Has it been buffed indirectly?

14 Oct 2015, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 06:24 AMJohnnyB

And a large red arrow with "Warning, stuka bomb!" on it pointing at the landing zone, too. Please, Lelic. :S

Just like every other call in strike right? I agree.
14 Oct 2015, 12:36 PM

Permanently Banned
If you want to add more warning to the Stuka bomb strike, might as well add any kind of warning to the brit one that can be dropped in the fog of war without any sight and has no warning apart from the 1 second before the shell drops :foreveralone:
14 Oct 2015, 14:40 PM
Patrion 14

Stuka Dive Bomb did NOT need any buffs whatsoever, it was fine before, in fact, I would say it was too OP for cost.

It is all fine and dandy in a 1v1, where you pretty instinctively know EXACTLY where it will land.

But in teamgames

As I was saying, in team games, there is so much crap going on, that you have no idea where it hits. There is more scouting EVERYWHERE. Maybe an OKW player launched a flare? In larger teamgames, when is there NOT a scout plane or an attack plane somewhere overhead? And the maps are larger, and various soundbites are more frequent, so maybe you hear the sound that crucial 1 second later. The CAS player can just spam the ability across the entire frontline till the cows come home, because his teammates will cover the natural armour lack of CAS. Where is the Stuka headed? Is it aimed at your vet2 AT gun or at your teammate's sligtly blobby position that is half a screen away covering the other point? Welp, better move your entire defensive line and hope the Axis player are dumb enough not to learn this behaviour and exploit it by rolling in armour. Hint: they aren't. They do.

ALL THIS IS FINE. I can live with it. It is pricey, and the ability should not suffer because someone designed a commander with COMPLETE lack of understanding of basic gameplay principles. I could even live with it in 4v4 clusterfucks, although I feel that CAS is still unfair in that setting even after the nerf. But to buff its kill radius to that extent without increasing its cost or warning time - :hansGG:
14 Oct 2015, 15:06 PM

It was already good enough before there is no reason for this. It is really hard when your USF even when you immediately start moving your troops as soon as you here it you first move your rifles and what not then you have to undo majors retreat point then order him to move then undo ambulance heal then move it. I played a game yesterday where I started micro soon as I heard the siren but the AOE is so huge now you can get your regular troops out of the way but its pretty much auto death for ambulance and major. Needs reverted back you can always tell when something has been raised to bullshit levels cause now everyone uses a stukka dive bomb commander.
14 Oct 2015, 15:11 PM

Oh goodness. That would explain that game the other day.
14 Oct 2015, 15:18 PM

The stuka bomb now needs to cost more or to get red flares, or just made it how it was before patch

Relic never learn
14 Oct 2015, 15:25 PM

i kind of like it now no longer a muni waste anymore especially when cas got nerfed in damage
14 Oct 2015, 15:25 PM

If you want to add more warning to the Stuka bomb strike, might as well add any kind of warning to the brit one that can be dropped in the fog of war without any sight and has no warning apart from the 1 second before the shell drops :foreveralone:

That strike needs a nerf so much more than air superiority, it wipes OKW trucks like nothing

But hey, everybody whine after one thing at a time <444>_<444>
14 Oct 2015, 16:15 PM

14 Oct 2015, 16:40 PM

i dont think it needs a warning, but the aoe change needs ot be reverted.
15 Oct 2015, 13:40 PM

Just a heads up, I sent Cuddletronic a PM asking him/her to ask the balance team about this change.

Cuddletronic was kind enough to forward the concerns to the balance team, and sent this in response:

"Hi, I've heard back from the Balance Team and the Change to the Stuka Dive Bomb is the intended design."

*shrug*
15 Oct 2015, 14:10 PM

Personally I think it's fine.
Just add 2 more seconds before bomb hits the ground.
15 Oct 2015, 17:18 PM

Just a heads up, I sent Cuddletronic a PM asking him/her to ask the balance team about this change.

Cuddletronic was kind enough to forward the concerns to the balance team, and sent this in response:

"Hi, I've heard back from the Balance Team and the Change to the Stuka Dive Bomb is the intended design."

*shrug*

...Why would they want to facilitate recon-divebombing a squads retreating back to their base? That kind of uncounterable gameplay is the single most cancerous thing about this game, and they buff it?
15 Oct 2015, 17:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 17:18 PMHorasu

...Why would they want to facilitate recon-divebombing a squads retreating back to their base? That kind of uncounterable gameplay is the single most cancerous thing about this game, and they buff it?

? Move out da way ?
15 Oct 2015, 18:16 PM

? Move out da way ?

Thanks, let me just cancel my retreat... Oh wait.

What are you going to tell me next? Don't retreat, like it's not a vital part of the game?
Or "don't blob," like blobbing has anything to do with the enemy's ability to wipe 1-2 squads every time without the player being able to do anything?

Everything in this game can be countered except for stuka dive bomb cheese. I may be lenient on a lot of things, but recon / dive bomb in base is the one thing that needs to be gone from the game.

Off maps already can't be called in on base sectors. Why not dive bomb? It's an off-map in everything but name.
15 Oct 2015, 18:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:16 PMHorasu

Thanks, let me just cancel my retreat... Oh wait.

What are you going to tell me next? Don't retreat, like it's not a vital part of the game?
Or "don't blob," like blobbing has anything to do with the enemy's ability to wipe 1-2 squads every time without the player being able to do anything?

Everything in this game can be countered except for stuka dive bomb cheese. I may be lenient on a lot of things, but recon / dive bomb in base is the one thing that needs to be gone from the game.

Off maps already can't be called in on base sectors. Why not dive bomb? It's an off-map in everything but name.

Why would you make mass retreat?
15 Oct 2015, 18:19 PM

Why would you make mass retreat?

Thanks for not reading my post buddy.

I notice a lot of my responses about nerfing stuka dive bomb cheese is sarcastic or lack content. They either do not feel strongly about the cheese, or they did not think about it as critically as they should.

End of the line, prohibiting dive bomb from hitting base sector is a 100% improvement to the game with literally no downside.
15 Oct 2015, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 18:19 PMHorasu

Thanks for not reading my post buddy.

I notice a lot of my responses about nerfing stuka dive bomb cheese is sarcastic or lack content. They either do not feel strongly about the cheese, or they did not think about it as critically as they should.

End of the line, prohibiting dive bomb from hitting base sector is a 100% improvement to the game with literally no downside.

You said clearly in post before about squads in base.
So I ask, why would you make mass retreat, since squads, not squad.
15 Oct 2015, 18:28 PM

You said clearly in post before about squads in base.
So I ask, why would you make mass retreat, since squads, not squad.

I'd report you for trolling, but instead I'll give you an English lesson.

If you say 1-2 [noun] then the noun is plural despite the possibility of there being only 1 of something. So when I say 1-2 squads, it can be either 1 squad or 2 squad or anything. Even losing 1 squad to something uncounterable is a travesty in an RTS.

Are you seriously basing your agument over some grammar and spelling? Can I get a more substantive response please? Drop it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★