Login

russian armor

CoH2 Video Guide & Tutorial from Stormless

12 Oct 2015, 15:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm creating a guide and video tutorial series for Company of Heroes 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY5Gj6BcZ8Q&list=PLD1QsLnpWUVE1to7A3IC1-bNStIoKnG8F&index=1

This guide is designed for people of all skill levels and I will try to encompass all the small details that you can use in this game to improve your game play and also master the game mechanics. Even if you have played CoH2 for 2500 hours like me, you'll still find there are little new things you never knew about, hopefully this will introduce you to some new things.

Notably in this first episode I'll be teaching you some great set up enhancements to speed up your game play such as remapping some keyboard buttons to your mouse, and also giving you an idea of the different parts of the UI that most people forget about or don't use properly such as the 'space' bar and 'Event Cue'

If you have any questions or comments leave me a message on CoH2.org or on the YouTube channel! If you felt you learned anything from this or just want more then don't forget to like & subscribe :)

Stormless
12 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM

Liked and subscribed...gonna send this to some friends I got convinced to try the game out but are discouraged because they are getting beaten down as they are new to game although not new to RTS. This game has such a steep learning curve that guides like these are really a must for players who are so far behind.
We need the player base to keep growing. Keep up the great work.
12 Oct 2015, 18:01 PM
Patrion 14

Nice job Danny, looks promising !
12 Oct 2015, 18:27 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Liked and subscribed...gonna send this to some friends I got convinced to try the game out but are discouraged because they are getting beaten down as they are new to game although not new to RTS. This game has such a steep learning curve that guides like these are really a must for players who are so far behind.
We need the player base to keep growing. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for your support.

The game definitely is a learning curve but I hope that a selection of these videos will really speed everything up quickly for new players and get them playing competitively quick!

12 Oct 2015, 18:40 PM

12 Oct 2015, 19:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Nice job, Stormless :thumb:
12 Oct 2015, 23:46 PM

Blurb

Thanks Stormless its a very handy guide. Trying to get back into the game after all my friends left awhile ago. Great to see just some of the basics etc to try and make habit and learnt a few new things. Maybe one day ill break out of the 3v3/4v4 solo queue and try a bit of 2v2 or even 1v1.
13 Oct 2015, 00:07 AM

Excellent, good job on this.
13 Oct 2015, 07:18 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2015, 23:46 PMTetley

Thanks Stormless its a very handy guide. Trying to get back into the game after all my friends left awhile ago. Great to see just some of the basics etc to try and make habit and learnt a few new things. Maybe one day ill break out of the 3v3/4v4 solo queue and try a bit of 2v2 or even 1v1.

Good to hear!

If you are really looking to get better at the game quickly you do need to be playing 1v1. At first you will lose time after time after time, but this is exactly what you need it order to improve. Once you grasp the game mechanics and micro starts to improve under the stress of 1v1. Your game skill will increase tenfold.

It's not exactly 'fun' at the start. But you won't regret doing it!

13 Oct 2015, 07:21 AM

Good to see this ;) Although I'll never use it since I already know all the stuff, but for new players this can be really handy.
13 Oct 2015, 08:09 AM

Good job mate. I think this would be great for new players if you keep it simple, as we all know that this game is quite hard to master and a lot of people (including some of my friends) just quit after getting their asses kicked a couple of times.

+1 to growing the player base.
13 Oct 2015, 12:02 PM

Nice vid! Look forward to future instalments
13 Oct 2015, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

Great! Thank you a lot. Subscribe! :)
13 Oct 2015, 16:01 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Great! Thank you a lot. Subscribe! :)

No problem, Thank you for your support.

Should be able to do a decent tutorial every week
13 Oct 2015, 16:24 PM
Patrion 26

Sub Stormless great job. Keep it on
13 Oct 2015, 17:51 PM
Patrion 310

Watched a few mins at work (interested to watch the rest tomorrow),

Looks like a great idea. Keep it up :)
14 Oct 2015, 01:37 AM

Nice job and looking forward to more! I like the fact that you do not go into it assuming people know everything. Knowing the basics is a great start to building a strong foundation around the games fundamentals.
14 Oct 2015, 10:41 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 01:37 AMwhispa
Nice job and looking forward to more! I like the fact that you do not go into it assuming people know everything. Knowing the basics is a great start to building a strong foundation around the games fundamentals.

I went into this thinking 'You're all complete morons' hehe

That's certainly not true, but yes there are some things that even top players missed out on. You would be surprised how few people know how to change the text colour in game for instance. I've been called a hacker for using it on many occasions!

It's definitely good to grasp everything from the ground up. This game certainly requires that knowledge to be competitive
14 Oct 2015, 12:11 PM

Good job mate.

Just saw it and it's priceless!
16 Oct 2015, 01:31 AM

I went into this thinking 'You're all complete morons' hehe

That's certainly not true, but yes there are some things that even top players missed out on. You would be surprised how few people know how to change the text colour in game for instance. I've been called a hacker for using it on many occasions!

It's definitely good to grasp everything from the ground up. This game certainly requires that knowledge to be competitive

Agreed!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 97
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak