Login

russian armor

2ESSS Shock

21 Jun 2013, 21:23 PM

My sniper micro is probably not good enough for this to work in 1v1, but I bet you-know-who can make it work. In 1v1 you may need the scout cars for mobility, but in 2v2 and up I find just using snipers conserves fuel and lets you get counters out faster, indeed without spending any fuel on upgrades you should have an SU-85 before a PzIV or stug appears.

Build Order

1) Rifle Command
2) Sniper Sniper
3) Engineer
4) Lay mines on retreat path of snipers, or other favored scout car routes
5) Sniper or Shock troops if in team game and you need more capping power
6) OP Fuel
7) Build T4, get SU-76 to kill Scout or Flamenwurfer.
8) Build SU-85 for the PzIV or stug
9) More shocks, OP fuel if it's actually back and forth on the fuels until you can bring out a KV-8.
10) Another SU-85 or more shocks as needed.
11) IS-2 (if game lasts that long).

Win! It's good to have at least two squads of shocks for stealing paks, I usually end up sniping one or two, and they come in very handy. This omits the scout car because they cost fuel, and I find your snipers survival chances are much higher without being in one. It is easier to keep snipers from getting naded than to prevent that faust you didn't see coming and losing a sniper on retreat. Just lay tons of mines, behind your snipers, in front of them, chokepoints. All your ammo before you get the incendiary barrage should basically go into mines. The only weakpoint is MGs in buildings - snipers are still bad against these, but if necessary you can pull off a flank with shocks and engineers.

Use the incendiary barrage ability liberally on entrenched positions/gren blobs. This strat capitalizes on the Soviet's little need for ammo, so you should have plenty floating for midgame when you get the barrage ability. Maybe get one flamer engineer if you really want it. Remember to always use flare to see what's ahead. Flare is really really helpful.
21 Jun 2013, 22:29 PM

Might be fine against a T1 start, not going to work against a T2 start.

Here's why. By the time you've pumped out your first sniper, the first PG would have come out for the ostheer. And the ostheer would have capped far more of the map than you (2 pioneers at least vs 1 combat engineer who's capping has been delayed). And I can certainly get a scout car out before you start laying mines as well. :)

Nice try, but it's not going to work against every strat that's out there.
22 Jun 2013, 01:00 AM

I think a key point of his is that he's only really tried it in 2v2.

I'd agree that you'd get rolled trying this in 1v1, though. They'd have way too much map control over you.
22 Jun 2013, 07:29 AM

SSSSS in CoH2? :lol:

Snipers Snipers Snipers Shock Shock?
22 Jun 2013, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2013, 07:29 AMPorygon
SSSSS in CoH2? :lol:

Snipers Snipers Snipers Shock Shock?

No, don't give Barton any ideas plz D:

22 Jun 2013, 14:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

No, don't give Barton any ideas plz D:

but I bet you-know-who can make it work

I daresay the point of this is to give Barton ideas :clap:
22 Jun 2013, 15:26 PM

Barton needs to show everyone what works, what doesn't, and what is utterly broken :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★