Login

russian armor

Oct Balance Preview Patch Notes Gathered WIP

PAGES (8)down
14 Oct 2015, 20:10 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 19:06 PMbC_

We'll have to see how hard it actually is to use and evaluate it further. Facing the direction you want to shoot which is familiar functionality if you look at all units with UI arc anyways.

Or you know, just revert isg and pack howitzers to pre ninja buff state and be done with it. Give isg smoke barrage over 5% increased range.

I mean you might as well add in manual reload for jagdtiger and isu152 while you're at it.
14 Oct 2015, 22:05 PM

Or you know, just revert isg and pack howitzers to pre ninja buff state and be done with it. Give isg smoke barrage over 5% increased range.

I mean you might as well add in manual reload for jagdtiger and isu152 while you're at it.

Would be great if they both had smoke barrages. Ditto on static howitzers.
14 Oct 2015, 22:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 18:42 PMbC_
Balance Preview Updated 10/14/2015

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
Barrage Reload changes reverted
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence
Burst duration increased from 0.325 / 0.425 to 0.6 / 0.4

Churhills
Armor increased from 200 to 240

Amazing! I think removing auto-rotate was the second best thing that could have been done for the ISG and pack howitzer. Now they are more distinct from their mortar counterparts and they won't have such an insane battlefield presence. Kudos to the balance team.

And to all the people saying no auto-rotate would be too micro-intensive... Seriously? Keep in mind that the traverse of the gun is still humongous at a decent range away, so it will still cover whatever active area of combat with ease. The micro required to use it is marginal at best, needing to do it only a couple of times a minute at MOST. This will also really help flank the ISG, which promotes counterplay. If you can't spend a couple more clicks per minute to micro an ISG with the faction that requires the least micro to do well, then maybe you don't deserve the ISG.

EDIT: And to all the people saying it's bad "on behalf of the general population," just admit that you're saying it's bad for you.
14 Oct 2015, 23:07 PM

Thank you relic for coming on and posting on the forums. I can only speak for myself but the more you come on and engage the Fanbase and provide balance/patching support the more likely I am to purchase new DLC. Compare this to Rome total war two which was so terrible for so long that I did not buy any expansions or DLC and have dropped that franchise from my future purchases list. And I had bought every title and every expansion From the very first Shogun. Keep up the good work and please keep engaging the community on new content, balancing and tournament play.
14 Oct 2015, 23:11 PM
Patrion 28

i'm not bothered by the arc change since most units that have an arc require you to face them manually. this actually moves towards consistency and gives mortars something to distinguish themselves with.
15 Oct 2015, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 18:42 PMbC_
Balance Preview Updated 10/14/2015

LEIG / Pak Howitzer
Barrage Reload changes reverted
No Longer can auto face

Sten MK VI Silence
Burst duration increased from 0.325 / 0.425 to 0.6 / 0.4

Churhills
Armor increased from 200 to 240

Did the AOE of the pack howie get set back to 6?
15 Oct 2015, 01:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 01:00 AMGrumpy

Did the AOE of the pack howie get set back to 6?
Why should it be? You want to keep instawiping 4 men units?
15 Oct 2015, 01:15 AM

Great now you have to micro an indirect fire unit extensively to get it to perform the job of a mortar?

Seriously THAT is your fix for the state of the game?

This will have absolutely zero effect on people with good to amazing micro, and make the gun horribly annoying to use for everyone else.

Why in gods name can't you just remove the stupid pin/supress mechanic and give the OKW some kind of non doctrinal machine gun instead of breaking the gun completely?
15 Oct 2015, 01:38 AM

Why should it be? You want to keep instawiping 4 men units?

lol - It rarely wipes 4 men squads with the current AOE of 6. It doesn't have the accuracy of the LeIG so a AOE of 4 makes it nearly useless. It's a 56% nerf against a unit that already doesn't perform as well as its OKW counterpart.
15 Oct 2015, 01:44 AM

Here are the patch notes I've gathered from Relic's 10/9/15 stream. It's not a final representation of what's going to be in the balance pack, but it's a snippet of the information they've released to the public. Please contribute if you learn anything more or if the information may have been inaccurate.

Flak Weapon Updates
All Flak Weapons
This flag was set to false in order to prevent flak weapons from instantly killing all squad members in garrison structures.
  • Damage all in hold flag set from true to false

Centaur
Slight damage reduction in order to allow players to react to this unit. Previously at 20 damage the lethality rate of the Centaur was over performing.
  • Damage reduced from 20 to 14

Flamethrowers Update
Cover Table
We are reducing the bonus damage that flamethrowers apply to garrison to give players more to react with their units in garrison. Previously we would see weapon teams be killed before they could ungarrison.
  • Garrison cover bonus damage reduced from 1.5 to 1.25

Vehicle Flamethrowers
We tuned vehicle flamethrowers to make them more consistent across the board. We have reduced the damage on most heavy flame vehicles because it was over performing while increasing the damage on the wasp due to its underperformance.
  • Churchill Crocodile Flamethrower damage reduced from 12 to 10
  • KV-8 damage reduced from 16 to 10
  • Universal Carrier Wasp damage increased from 6 to 10

Flame Damage Over time
We are increasing the time per tick for damage over time. This will include all incendiary abilities, Molotov’s, and flamer dots that vehicles leave behind. The tick in game time should translate to about 1 second real time which should help player gauge the amount of damage they will take if they choose to stand in the fire.
  • Damage frequency reduced from 0.5 to 1.25
  • DOT radius increased from 3 to 5

Air Superiority
Previously the huge blast radius of these bombs made it very difficult for players to dodge.
  • AOE Radius of bombs reduced from 10 to 5

Heavy Artillery Shells
We want to reduce the effectiveness of artillery shells against production buildings.
  • Now do 25% less damage against base structures

LEIG
In our effort to make AOE more consistent we saw a huge jump in performance with indirect fire units such as the LEIG and Pak Howtizer. We are adjusting its stats to bring it more in line with other indirect fire units.
  • Suppression amount reduced from 0.3 to 0.23
  • Auto fire reload increased from 6 to 7
  • Barrage reload increased from 3 to 5
  • Damage far reduced from 0.25 to 0.2
  • Damage medium reduced from 0.5 to 0.4
  • Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40
  • Vet 1 Range bonus reduced from 15% to 5%

Pack Howitzer
In our effort to make AOE more consistent we saw a huge jump in performance with indirect fire units such as the LEIG and Pak Howitzer. We are adjusting its stats to bring it more in line with other indirect fire units.
  • Radius reduced from 6 to 4
  • Suppression reduced from 0.3 to 0.23
  • Auto Attack Reload increased from 5.2 to 7
  • Barrage Reload increased from 3 to 4
  • Projectile lowest angel increased from 10 to 40

General TBF Balance Tuning
Infantry Sections
We are addressing the heavy attrition costs that infantry sections have.
  • Reinforcement cost reduced by 10% (28 per model)

Churchill
Reducing the armor of the Churchill to allow reduce the amount of deflection while maintain the Churchill’s ability to soak up damage.
  • HP reduced from 1600 to 1400
  • Armor reduced from 280 to 200

Sten MK Vi Silence SMG
We are reducing the overall DPS due to players not being able to react to these units when engaged in close quarters.
  • Rate of fire reduced from 26 to 14. (All Variants)

*updated with published patch notes
15 Oct 2015, 08:25 AM

Hey, "No Longer can auto face" for LeIG / Pak Howie is actually a decent nerf
15 Oct 2015, 15:58 PM

I agree as well. It'll serve more as a light artillery unit akin to LeFH and ML20 that can autofire as well as be mobile as a bonus.
15 Oct 2015, 16:00 PM

I dont understand why pak howitzers and ISGs should autoface. I mean MGs, paks dont autoface so why should ISGs? I mean one problem with these weapons was that they required no skill to use, now they actually require some micro to use effectivelly, i dont see a big problem tbh...
15 Oct 2015, 16:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 16:00 PMBurts
I dont understand why pak howitzers and ISGs should autoface. I mean MGs, paks dont autoface so why should ISGs? I mean one problem with these weapons was that they required no skill to use, now they actually require some micro to use effectivelly, i dont see a big problem tbh...
Maybe because packs and mgs are reliable whenever somethign gets in their arc? Meanwhile a isg of pak howitzer is RNG based?
15 Oct 2015, 16:06 PM

Maybe because packs and mgs are reliable whenever somethign gets in their arc? Meanwhile a isg of pak howitzer is RNG based?

How does them being RNG based actually have to do with anything, though? I mean i dont see how this change would be a major problem , for anyone.
15 Oct 2015, 16:09 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2015, 16:06 PMBurts

How does them being RNG based actually have to do with anything, though? I mean i dont see how this change would be a major problem , for anyone.

I'm gonna guarantee nobody is going to build these things. Just imo. With every post I LOL at the fact that lelic won't just change them back to pre super ninja buff state where nobody had issues with them, and in fact even thought pak howitzer was UP. But that would require admitting failure, so we get this shitty nerf.

Maybe we should make mortars and mortar pits have the same artificial micro too? I mean its only fair. Why should one artillery unit be gimped but not the other? Sure it doesn't have suppression, but its also 1/3rd cheaper and comes one tier earlier.
15 Oct 2015, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2015, 19:06 PMbC_

We'll have to see how hard it actually is to use and evaluate it further. Facing the direction you want to shoot which is familiar functionality if you look at all units with UI arc anyways.

TY Relic for thinking about this. I've states in the Leig topics more than once about this. Make both leig and pavk require at least some micro.
15 Oct 2015, 16:10 PM

I do think the no autoface can be effective, Relic is clearly intent on not giving OKW a non-doc MG and the doc one is meh, so insta-pin light howie I have to turn towards an assault doesn't sound too bad.
15 Oct 2015, 16:20 PM

I'm gonna guarantee nobody is going to build these things. Just imo. With every post I LOL at the fact that lelic won't just change them back to pre super ninja buff state where nobody had issues with them, and in fact even thought pak howitzer was UP. But that would require admitting failure, so we get this shitty nerf.

Maybe we should make mortars and mortar pits have the same artificial micro too? I mean its only fair. Why should one artillery unit be gimped but not the other? Sure it doesn't have suppression, but its also 1/3rd cheaper and comes one tier earlier.

You cant compare to mortar because leig has way more acuracy and you cant compare to mgs because leig has way more range.

But i agree with you on indirect fire as a whole, imo should require more micro.
15 Oct 2015, 16:21 PM

Mortars don't have an arc , so they are a different story.

I mean okay, readd the autoface if you want. I just dont see how this would effect the unit in a signifcant way..
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS