Login

russian armor

Occasional Freezes and other issues

8 Oct 2015, 08:11 AM

Hello everyone,

played COH2 at release and just recently came back to it. I have two issues:

Occasionally my multiplayer game freezes for around 5-10 Seconds. I can't do anything until it starts working normal again.
Sometimes even the units don't move but then they move extra fast after like some kind of desynch. Happens about every 15-30 minutes.

I got a 4GHz i5 and a 295x2 plus plenty of RAM and SSD running Windows 7. My internet is also stable at least I have zero issues in other online games.

The other issue is that when someone calls me on Skype that overlay of an ongoing call is making the game flicker and unplayable until I manage to close the overlay sometimes I have to alt+tab out to do that. I am too stupid to find the Skype setting that turns it off.
Maybe someone can help or there were other threads in the past about it?

Thanks for all Feedback,

Chris aka CyberianK
8 Oct 2015, 13:56 PM

Both of these happen a lot to me.
I have a 3.6GHz i7, 8gb ram, 2 gb vid (R9 270x), 1tb free and keep my computer clean of virus and crap that can slow it down.

CyberianK, the option you're looking for is in Options (Tools tab I think, or CTRL + ,), Calls -> Call Settings -> Show advanced options -> untick "show call controls when Skype is in the background".
8 Oct 2015, 16:52 PM

Both of these happen a lot to me.
I have a 3.6GHz i7, 8gb ram, 2 gb vid (R9 270x), 1tb free and keep my computer clean of virus and crap that can slow it down.

CyberianK, the option you're looking for is in Options (Tools tab I think, or CTRL + ,), Calls -> Call Settings -> Show advanced options -> untick "show call controls when Skype is in the background".

THX
I was blind looked there but missed the Advanced Button

My PC is very clean too I think its just something suboptimal with the gamecode
16 Oct 2015, 02:26 AM

Same here!! No matter how low I set the graphics etc. Everything off and minumum I get this. It also gets worse the more games I play in a row. I have to reset my computer and start over. by the third game it's just a nightmare. I basically can't even really play this game anymore. Thanks Relic.
21 Oct 2015, 19:29 PM

I've been getting the freezing issue as well.

Windows 10, 980 SLI, 16 GB ram game is on an HDD but I'm going to transfer it to my SSD since I've been playing so much lately.

I've also gotten it in Dawn of War 2, I actually thought the problem was windows 10 since I had only experienced it after upgrading but it could be something else.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight