Login

russian armor

Wanted: Engineer repair status

7 Oct 2015, 08:42 AM

When engineers (of any factions) go build something, you'll see their build pProgress over their icon on the top of the screen. This is very usefull so you don't have to monitor them to know when they are done.

Unfortunately this does not work for vehicle repair. I don't know if it's possible, but it would certainly be usefull if engineers and vehicle crews repairing would also display a progress bar.

Please?
7 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM

Permanently Banned
When engineers (of any factions) go build something, you'll see their build pProgress over their icon on the top of the screen. This is very usefull so you don't have to monitor them to know when they are done.

Unfortunately this does not work for vehicle repair. I don't know if it's possible, but it would certainly be usefull if engineers and vehicle crews repairing would also display a progress bar.

Please?

British Engineers don't even receive more damage when repairing ( via the received accuracy model), so I would rather have Relic fix that at the moment.

But your idea sounds great! Good idea! :)
7 Oct 2015, 08:45 AM

You could just look at the health bar of what they're repairing ;)
7 Oct 2015, 09:06 AM

Have you tried watching vehicle health bar yet?
If its full=repaired.
If its not full=not repaired.

Helps me tremendously if I need to quickly check if the repairs are finished or not :sibPheasant:
7 Oct 2015, 09:25 AM

Have you tried watching vehicle health bar yet?
If its full=repaired.
If its not full=not repaired.

Helps me tremendously if I need to quickly check if the repairs are finished or not :sibPheasant:

It's ok with UKF, OST, SOV and OKW but, health bars of USF vehicles dissappears since they are abondened when you wanna repair them. THerefore; crews and RE's might get a repairing status bar..
7 Oct 2015, 09:27 AM

It's ok with UKF, OST, SOV and OKW but, health bars of USF vehicles dissappears since they are abondened when you wanna repair them. THerefore; crews and RE's might get a repairing status bar..

Quit vehicle, press shift+repair on the vehice, then shife+right click.

There, crew will repair and automatically hop into the vehicle when its finished being repaired.
You have the notification by the vehicle being there, ready at 100% health.

#micro
7 Oct 2015, 10:15 AM

There, crew will repair and automatically hop into the vehicle when its finished being repaired.

#micro

Why do u force it? It would be a simple nice addition..

The progress you say takes a few seconds to apply. In some conditions, you might wanna micro some unit and repair your vehicles at the same time. Waiting the abondened vehicle to allow you shift + right click, might delay your micro for other units on the field. You know coh is a fast game that big results may happen in a few seconds. Plus, sometimes u just forget "shift + repair -> shift + right click" after decrewing a vehicle due to chaos in a big fight.

The addition may help the player who are in the situation I talk above. (Happens to me quite a lot since I m not a super concentrated and fast player)
7 Oct 2015, 10:54 AM

British Engineers don't even receive more damage when repairing ( via the received accuracy model), so I would rather have Relic fix that at the moment.

But your idea sounds great! Good idea! :)

Try repairing a mortar pit under leIG fire and see what happens to the engies. They probably just receive more damage.
7 Oct 2015, 11:12 AM

#micro

I'm with Katitof here. It's not a "nice new addition", it would be a wate of time. For usf, just Shift Click and Queue an order. For toehr factions, look at the health bar, and listen to the sound queues, they always say something when they are done.
7 Oct 2015, 13:17 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post7 Oct 2015, 10:54 AMMuxsus

Try repairing a mortar pit under leIG fire and see what happens to the engies. They probably just receive more damage.

Sure but that is due to overperforming LeIG and huddled together engineers when repairing. Just check cruzzi's thread, he states the thing I stated in my previous post.

http://www.coh2.org/topic/42404/another-bug-%26-balance-list
7 Oct 2015, 19:54 PM

#micro

Obviously but

1)I don't know about your games, but mine are NOISY. The timid 'repair finished' (or whatever) is easily missed.

2) Getting in and out of the vehicle isn't the issue. It's knowing how long repairing time is remaining. It's hard to tell by a glance just by looking at the vehicle Health, as some suggest. The crew or engineer progress bar is much more visible.

3) Your method does not work for other vehicles - including abandoned ones and crewweapons.

This is also about making the game consistent. It becomes more playable when then same kind of actions follow the same rules and the game gives the same kind of feed-back to them. It's an unecessary extra brain-time to have to remember one repair regime for vehicles and another for Buildings.

This is quite similar to the discussion about a reverse gear, which was ardently opposed by many because the option to drive in reverse was already in the game. But that was not the point.

Same thing here.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS