Login

russian armor

Maphack will destroy this game just like Coh1

21 Jun 2013, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 17:02 PMPorygon

High level players would execute multi-attack at the same time anyway. Even maphackers can see them coming doesn't mean they can defend it.

Same logic as CoH1 4 ways Rifles/flamers flanking

if i play against a braindead person, i will win no matter what.
if i see what my opponent does and i can't defend it, i shouldn't have been matched against it in the first place. of course, maphacks won't get a bronze player to grandmasters, but he WILL win more games than he would without.

also, there ARE maphacks in sc2. some users get banned, some don't. if you watch a replay and see somebody blind cannon rushing your starting position on a 4 player map wihtout any scouting... how do you think he is able to do that and still win more than half of his games?
21 Jun 2013, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 17:36 PMcr4wler

if i play against a braindead person, i will win no matter what.
if i see what my opponent does and i can't defend it, i shouldn't have been matched against it in the first place. of course, maphacks won't get a bronze player to grandmasters, but he WILL win more games than he would without.

also, there ARE maphacks in sc2. some users get banned, some don't. if you watch a replay and see somebody blind cannon rushing your starting position on a 4 player map wihtout any scouting... how do you think he is able to do that and still win more than half of his games?

Alright, I agree maphack gives them advantage, but high level players don't give a damn to it
21 Jun 2013, 18:33 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 17:10 PMSeb
I don't want to be negative, but being able to track camera does not alone prevent cheat. You can still see the units on the minimap, play chat or sound at unit creation/unlock, etc.

Yeah you are definitely right Sebbro, it would still be possible, just a bit harder. Since the great majority of coh1 cheaters were just random scrubs who downloaded the cheats pack and used it, it could still be enough to catch them/scare them enough to see less cheaters around (but this depends on how hard SEGA/RELIC/VALVE will act against them).
21 Jun 2013, 18:36 PM

camera movement stuff is way too inaccurate to be used without supervision. if you need supervision, you need manpower. relic doesn't have manpower (at least not to the degree that they could have a guy watch replays all the time).
21 Jun 2013, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 17:10 PMSeb
I don't want to be negative, but being able to track camera does not alone prevent cheat. You can still see the units on the minimap, play chat or sound at unit creation/unlock, etc.

indeed, plus i always go over the brit HQ to check the sound of the bren carrier or the moving truck...
21 Jun 2013, 18:57 PM

Simply ban the whole steam account if someone cheats. No less.
Fairplay forum works till they got some biosparks running around, creating a cheating aristocracy on gr/coh2/whoever has it once more.
Without a anti cheat program that gets updates, this game will be ruined, too.
I can order this game on 50% less months before the release, give it a year and you get 80% or more.
Cheaters will soon buy 4 versions in a bundle for 20 bucks.
With that "great" tool to get max lvl while taking a dump and buying some milk they will get their bulletins, commanders etc instantly
21 Jun 2013, 19:26 PM

I don't see hacking the XP gain as a massive problem on its own - sure it's less than ideal (and not condoning it for an instant), but you've still got to be able to /play/ the game well.
22 Jun 2013, 00:39 AM

I take that back. People will hack just to beat you and they will do it for the lulz because they like making people feel bad. You know, basically playing, winning, saying they are owning you...laughing about it. Then you remember why the COH community kinda sucks. They say that even if you are praised 90% in your life, you'll remember the 10% of the time you had negative experience more so...so true. Lost a 3on3 last night with tons of gloating...fun times...fun times...
22 Jun 2013, 01:07 AM

I agree, p2p sucks and anticheats system is a requirement for a good rts
22 Jun 2013, 07:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2013, 12:46 PMPorygon
Maphack won't cause much problem like CoH1 because flanking is useless here :foreveralone:

TO THE POINT MAN +1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight