Login

russian armor

Countering early USF AAHT

5 Oct 2015, 02:11 AM

I just played a game against USF that saw a 6 minute anti-aircraft HT. Then I saw it again in another game soon following. All USF did was build a fuel OP on the choke point and cap their fuel.

As OST, obviously the pak is the obvious counter but it's very slow. The AAHT shreds and pins inf very fast so shreks don't seem like a good choice. I usually concentrate so hard on killing the damn AAHT that my micro suffers elsewhere and it's really hard for me to comeback after giving up big portions of the map.

How does everyone else handle this?
5 Oct 2015, 02:16 AM

If you suffered early MP bleed and couldn't field 2 Paks and surprise it, that meant you already lost and there wasn't much you could do. They are the easiest faction in 1vs1 for a reason. coh2chart.com

5 Oct 2015, 02:28 AM

If you suffered early MP bleed and couldn't field 2 Paks and surprise it, that meant you already lost and there wasn't much you could do. They are the easiest faction in 1vs1 for a reason. coh2chart.com

So you're saying I need 2 paks to counter it? Seems excessive and a lot of popcap invested to counter it. Maybe no choice though.
5 Oct 2015, 02:39 AM

You only need 1 pak, 2 scout cars can beat 1 AA HT if it is on the move and those scout cars will be uncountered if you do indeed kill the HT. Early Teller mines can totally wreck a USF Player if you spend your first 50 munis on 1 and kill his vehicle.

usually though the AA HT comes at 7 minutes so if they are hitting you at 6 the USF player got a serious map control advantage. Usually as Ostheeer you want to get about 4 squads out + your pios, tech to pak then get another t1 unit or pgs as an initial build. Or you can go scout car first and get the pak later, just don't lose your scout car to the AA HT.
5 Oct 2015, 02:39 AM

You only need 1 pak, 2 scout cars can beat 1 AA HT if it is on the move and those scout cars will be uncountered if you do indeed kill the HT. Early Teller mines can totally wreck a USF Player if you spend your first 50 munis on 1 and kill his vehicle.

usually though the AA HT comes at 7 minutes so if they are hitting you at 6 the USF player got a serious map control advantage. Usually as Ostheeer you want to get about 4 squads out + your pios, tech to pak then get another t1 unit or pgs as an initial build. Or you can go scout car first and get the pak later, just don't lose your scout car to the AA HT.
5 Oct 2015, 02:51 AM

@OP: Yes, 2 to counter and 1 to push it back, which will be back with higher vet anyway.
5 Oct 2015, 04:15 AM

Yea, I like the idea of two scout cars. Like you said, after the ht goes down the usf is almost forced to go t3.

In the game I was referring to I had about 60% map control. I was just amazed how fast it came out. He locked down his fuel choke point and held his fuel while I was capping the other side. I had to watch the replay in order to believe he could get it out so fast. I forgot the map name, maybe la graze (spelling) breakout. After 300 hours I still struggle with Coh2 map names lol.

@OP: Yes, 2 to counter and 1 to push it back, which will be back with higher vet anyway.

Lol, I'm not building 3 paks in a 1v1 to counter a T2 unit. In fact I don't think I've ever built three paks in a 1v1.
12 Oct 2015, 09:38 AM

Why do you need 2 PAKs?
Isn't one Pak plus some Grenadiers enough? Sure if he kill the Grens thats bad but that means he doesn't kill the Pak, right?
I think I did even see it die to incendiary munition from MG.
14 Oct 2015, 09:15 AM

Or just bait it over a teller mine. Obviously the AAHT will have to be used aggresively and if theyre using theyre resources to secure and OP theyre cutoff and fuel you should be able to grab your side of the map and have pretty much free reign over it. Try and predict where he will want to assault (tip: your fuel or your cutoff) and bait him to go the route you want with your unit positioning. Best thing is you dont have to spend fuel or MP for this "counter", so you can do your normal teching alongside it and don't really have to deviate from your gameplan (a pak to cover the other approach - the one without the mine - will seal the deal).

To be honest I feel like the decision as to where to place your first mine is the most improtant one in a game of COH, especially in the mid-levels, where people don't usually get sweepers untill something dies to a mine. At which point you should already have him by the balls (if its his schock unit, upon which he relied to make a push into the mid game).
15 Oct 2015, 18:59 PM

Dont listen to dick cocstone , he only make lolthreads and lolanswers.

I reccomend early teller on good spot (where youre sure it will go sooner or later) , fast tier 2 , if you see liehtenaunt go scoutcar folloved by another one of folloved by pak . if you see cpatain go pak.

Also AA halftrack dies to 2 at shots so fausted + pak nearby = dead.

Simply dont overextend and kill it with pak or 2 222 , usa players often overextend.

Also go mobile defense , puma will hardcounter all usa vehicle play at 5 CPs and can sofcounter all major tier vehicles too + that commad tank and ostruppens are really potent vs usa as long ans you make teller mines.

In early game before aa i recommend mg + 3 grens , then tech.

EDIT: also garisoned mg 42 with incendiary round will make short work of m20 or aa haftruck

also veto la gleize its bad map for ostheer.

Other bad are semoskii winter , stuzgdorf and kharkov or kholodny ferma winter (fuel is hard to defend)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★