Login

russian armor

T2-T3 Strat

20 Jun 2013, 17:14 PM

Hey so just adding to the pool of strategies people might want to try out as Soviets. This is a strategy that I've been using a bit to decent effect.

Overall Build Order

Conscript, Conscript, Conscript, Build T2 by retreating engineer, 2x MG teams, build T3 when have enough fuel for T70, T34s and AT guns for AT

Doctrine:
Your preference. The one that cloaks the AT gun is nice but guards can come in handy as well.

Reasoning behind strategy: Basically MGs are very effective against German infantry and can really help with both attacking and defending. A well micro-ed MG can get a lot of kills and can lock down a sector as it is very difficult to flank. And with 3 conscripts assisting the MGs, German infantry is outgunned.

Then, the T70 is very good atm and can really swing the battle in your favor as it is amazing at anti-inf and can take out a flame halftrack very quickly. T34s in conjunction with AT guns should be able to handle the Panzer 4s that you will inevitably see.

Cons: There will be a point where you only have 3 conscripts and haven't finished the MG and it can be tough if playing against heavy T1 from Germans.

Let me know what you think/any recommendations/if you have any success!
20 Jun 2013, 17:21 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Sounds cool. It's like Inverse's Conscript spam except with fewer Conscripts + more Maxims.
20 Jun 2013, 18:45 PM

this strat is like typical 95% soviet players strat
20 Jun 2013, 18:46 PM

Sorry if it seems obvious, but I have rarely seen maxim play when I play as Ostheer though. Usually clown cars or conscript spam for me.
21 Jun 2013, 06:25 AM

Going T2-T3 is obvious you know why? because you need T2 or T1 to build T3, but, T2 is better because you got very good stuff there, and in T1? only SC and Sniper are good and they are not useful in late game

If you change your strat to go 3 conscripts, T2 and 2x Shock Troops, you'd get better results in your games
21 Jun 2013, 07:43 AM

Shocks cost now like 480MP base cost (no 60 ammo for PPSH) and the reinforce increase went up a bit! I think Guards complement this better Barton.
21 Jun 2013, 07:53 AM

wtf you talking about, Shocks are now 360 and 60 for PPsh you noob, play tutorial
21 Jun 2013, 10:04 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

They cost 480MP and they come with PPSh yeah.
21 Jun 2013, 22:52 PM
Patrion 27

Sounds cool. It's like Inverse's Conscript spam except with fewer Conscripts + more Maxims.

Tycho saying something resembling positivity regarding the Maxim?! I kid I kid. I find my Maxims don't seem that amazing until after a match and I have like 400% efficiency with them. Lately I've been using them as a responsive unit to my opponent making a lot of infantry rather than trying to rush them out.

If you make setup teams too quickly you will get sniped like crazy. I have been going hog wild with 120mm mortars lately though and if you can deny your opponents fuel having an Mg in the mix to hold him back can be nuts. Even better is re-crewing an MG42 and setting up enfilading fire. The 42 suppression combined with the Maxims excellent sustained fire is nasty.
30 Jun 2013, 06:14 AM

Ha, did you copy my build because thats my build!
3 Jul 2013, 03:26 AM

3 Jul 2013, 17:48 PM
Donator 22

united i basically use the same strat, except i dont bother with mgs and just grab more conscripts. if you use your t70 well you can take the entire german infantry out in T3.
6 Jul 2013, 11:02 AM

Just had a go with this build, I'll attach a screenshot of the result, I liked it quite a lot to be honest. I like the early T70 which made short work of their MG and Mortars. And I've gained new respect for the conscript (I usually do maxim, maxim, maxim guard, guard) so I never really use them, but along with the T70 I can only imagine how difficult it is to respond to the harass game.

I mixed in about 2-3 Guard squads after my T70 bit the dust, and they worked wonders. I also put in a single 120mm to counter the small amount of mortar they had, if they had more I would probably trade in a guard for second 120mm.

Note: Only showing this one to demonstrate how much early harass and resource cutting I was able to do with the T70. The CPU Hard was a player that raged last minute.

The end result

The only part of the game I felt I didn't have the tools to tackle something, was the very early clowncar rush, so I had to tech AT nades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★